What type of snake?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thank you sir!

Your most welcome.  Snakes are especially active around the house during the rainy season looking for places to keep dry so I kindly advise doors and screens to be shut at all times and any shoes left outside be checked (inside) before placing foot into the shoe!

We just gently relocated a juvenile python that got into our house last week.

• Like 1

I suppose at some time in the past I would also ask.. "What's the name of a certain species".

Now I couldn't care less. I see it as "useless information"(unless I am writing a book). For starters....I never used the information again. I most lightly had forgotten it after a while anyway. It never helped me enjoy or not enjoy the object either way.

Yesterday a person asked what the name of a bird was....the day before a person was asking about the name of  flowers.....and of course the names of snakes is almost a daily occurance....For what?...there are so many different spaces out there. I try to just enjoy "life" as I come across it....not analyze it.

That's just me I know....sorry, no disrespect meant.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I suppose at some time in the past I would also ask.. "What's the name of a certain species".

Now I couldn't care less. I see it as "useless information"(unless I am writing a book). For starters....I never used the information again. I most lightly had forgotten it after a while anyway. It never helped me enjoy or not enjoy the object either way.

Yesterday a person asked what the name of a bird was....the day before a person was asking about the name of  flowers.....and of course the names of snakes is almost a daily occurance....For what?...there are so many different spaces out there. I try to just enjoy "life" as I come across it....not analyze it.

None taken. Interestingly Google gives three times as many search results for species (15million) than type of snake (5m). Wikipedia uses "List of snakes by common name". What a world we live in today.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, smileydude said:

The link refers to "Golden Tree Snakes are also known as Flying Snakes. They glide very well, perhaps the best of any snake in the world, and even better than some squirrels and lizards.".

It certainly was a flying snake - from the 1st floor down to ground level - when the wife swept it out that hole with her broom.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The link refers to "Golden Tree Snakes are also known as Flying Snakes. They glide very well, perhaps the best of any snake in the world, and even better than some squirrels and lizards.".

It certainly was a flying snake - from the 1st floor down to ground level - when the wife swept it out that hole with her broom.

I do not thin it beat a flying squirrol, but impressive it is

post # 5, hello,

I respect your point of view and your honesty.
Personally, I inform myself on the internet, on the many books that I have in my possession, but, well, it does not bother me to titillate my curiosity by doing research following a question.
And then, it must be recognized,
it is one of the rare subjects where one does not extricate oneself.
Go, let nature do it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
In rhe case of snakes, often the interest is in whether or not it is a dangerous one or not.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I can even live with the monitor lizards that reside in abundance behind our house...ugly lookin' mothers but harmless, on occasion they emerge and get into our shop house garage or become confused and hurl themselves against walls and doors but with a little coaxing with a broom handle they'll go running back to where they came from...

the huge huntman spiders useta scare the shit outta me but when I found that they are harmless now they are welcome as they eat other unwelcome pests...I just keep them outta the bedroom because if I don't I'll find one running across my face when I'm trying to sleep...

never have seen no snakes except out the back and the coucals and the other birds that live out there then take care of things...

(tutsi apologises to the ants before spraying then with the Chaindrite: 'listen, we all have the right to live together on the planet but when you invade my kitchen or come close to my bedroom you cause a disturbance that is not acceptable...')