O visa father of child. London

I know this has been covered many times but can’t seem to locate the correct answer.  My baby was born December last year in Phuket. Was on a tourist visa au the time. I then went to Vientiane to acquire a singe o visa on the basis of being a father. I am British and have returned to Uk for a couple of months for work. I am soon about to return to Thailand to visit child. My questions are can I acquire a single o visa from Thai London embassy by post and what documents do I need to send for this. Another question is it possible to get a multi entry visa to visit my child. The documents I have in my possession are birth certificate,childs tabien baan,mother’s tabien baan,mother’s ID card all signed and Legalization papers as I have been through the courts stating I am the legal father. I also have a bank account with sufficient enough money if needed for the multi entry. Sorry for long post and thanks in advance for answers 

40 minutes ago, Stanvac said:

My questions are can I acquire a single o visa from Thai London embassy by post and what documents do I need to send for this.

Yes. The documents you list are it plus a copy of your passport. Make sure you enclose the legalisation papers. No need for financial statements, but if you have more than the equivalent of 400K baht it would probably go in your favour. 

40 minutes ago, Stanvac said:

Another question is it possible to get a multi entry visa to visit my child.

Maybe, but these days they seem reluctant to issue them. I would enclose a covering letter stating that you need to make frequent visits (NOT STAY) and request that they issue the ME. Also ask that they issue the SE if your request for an ME is denied. IMO the fact that you have legalised your parenthood should swing it.

Thank you for your quick response. Just a few more questions. I have over 400000 baht but in English bank account. Would this be sufficient. 

Also because the multi and single are different prices £125/£50 if multi is refused would they reimburse the difference as it would be standing order.

Or do you think it would be easier for me to get the single entry then transfer money to my Thai bank account then apply for the year extension whilst in Thailand. Thanks again for your help

58 minutes ago, Stanvac said:

I have over 400000 baht but in English bank account. Would this be sufficient. 

I think it would definitely help an application for a ME visa.

59 minutes ago, Stanvac said:

Also because the multi and single are different prices £125/£50 if multi is refused would they reimburse the difference as it would be standing order.

I only know of one friend that applied for a ME tourist visa that was turned down. They issued a SE and only charged for the SE. I can't remember how the refunded the difference. It's possible you could lose it.

1 hour ago, Stanvac said:

Or do you think it would be easier for me to get the single entry then transfer money to my Thai bank account then apply for the year extension whilst in Thailand. Thanks again for your help

• If you are going to be living full time in Thailand then get a SE visa and apply for the 1 year extension once you're in Thailand.
  • If you are going to be living between the two countries, and not spending more than 5 months at a time in Thailand, I would try for the ME visa.

Just to advise I see you are looking to do this by post. I have never done that but have a child and I'm not married to the mother and when I went to do the non o in London just 5 months ago I was shut down without them even seeing one document not even an application was just told tourist visa only. Rather than burn my bridge and question it I just got a tourist visa and then got the non o in vientiane later in the year without needing 400k proof in a Thai bank.