Brits, French among 61 foreigners arrested for overstay in Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, balo said:

This British Phuket guy was 53 , so he could have just applied for a 1 year visa, paying an agent 20k . Instead he choose to overstay , he must be hiding from something, good they caught him. Good guys in , bad guys out.

Maybe he was skint!

4 hours ago, Cuba said:

Wow delight at someting like this. I wonder how you'd feel if they caught some real criminals?

I also have some delight in knowing that you don't have a say in deciding which laws are OK to break.

Here's another overstayed Brit who thinks the laws don't apply to her. A victimless crime?

https://thethaiger.com/news/regional/british-tourist-freaks-out-after-being-told-shed-overstayed-her-visa-by-160-days

Edited by Old Croc

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

I also have some delight in knowing that you don't have a say in deciding which laws are OK to break.

Here's another overstayed Brit who thinks the laws don't apply to her. A victimless crime?

https://thethaiger.com/news/regional/british-tourist-freaks-out-after-being-told-shed-overstayed-her-visa-by-160-days

If you overstay you overstay. You've broken the law so you take whats coming. Just seems like they (and you) gain pleasure from seeing other foreigners in an unpleasant situation. Enjoy your box old timer.

• Haha 1

well, many foreigners (caucasians, dark skinned africans) do stand out in a crowd from the average Thai people.  So legal or not, annoying or not, when in Thailand, be prepared to show proper documentation.  I personally would not think that trying to hide out there is a good idea, unless one had really really good fake ID and other paper work stuff that might pass simple casual visual inspection.  That's fine with me.  I follow the rules and did my visas properly, so I don't mind seeing scammers and sneaks getting on and not paying

On 8/3/2018 at 4:15 PM, apophyss said:

If this BIG JOKE so good to find people out of the rules,

why he not show to the road-police how to do their job ?

Tourist Police Bureau deputy commissioner Pol Maj Gen Surachate Hakparn (centre) speaks after the coordinated police raids

There's a clue in the post if you took the time to read it...

he's in the tourist police.. not mainstream police, same shirt.. different outfit, if you get my meaning !!!

Next thing would be to stop the business of those Visa agents that provide Retirement Visas "without necessary funds"!

But then, what when even THAI VISA accepts ads from these agents...?

Let's see, how long this post will be available, the first time it was "killed" after two days.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 4:18 PM, Wake Up said:

If these same people were overstaying in your home countries you would be screaming out loud and clapping for the police. What hypocrites you are when you criticize the thai police for doing their job. 

exactly, could not say it better myself !

• Like 1

If these same people were overstaying in your home countries you would be screaming out loud and clapping for the police. What hypocrites you are when you criticize the thai police for doing their job. 

That's one of the main reasons most of us are here. There are no immigration police in the UK

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2018 at 1:43 PM, Andrew65 said:

Nah, just too <deleted> stupid to stay legal!

no, there is an economic incentive to skip it,

i have spent 40-50k a year for 14 years, so say 45 x 14 = 630.000 baht in visa cost alone before i had a single beer, and that is not counting all the endless hours of massage i need to reduce pain from the visa runs

Edited by poanoi

3 minutes ago, poanoi said:

no, there is an economic incentive to skip it,

i have spent 40-50k a year for 14 years, so say 45 x 14 = 630.000 baht in visa cost alone before i had a single beer

Then again , if you were on overstay and you got caught , it would be quite probable that you would lose all your possessions in Thailand , which could be over that amount .

How did you manage to spend nearly a 1000 Baht a week on visas ?

Vientiane and back = 2000 Baht , Tourist Visa 1000 Baht , extension 1900 Baht , thats 5000 Baht for three months , 20 000 Baht a year , even cheaper when you add in land border visa exempts into the equation 

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Then again , if you were on overstay and you got caught , it would be quite probable that you would lose all your possessions in Thailand , which could be over that amount .

Vientiane and back = 2000 Baht , Tourist Visa 1000 Baht , extension 1900 Baht , thats 5000 Baht for three months , 20 000 Baht a year , even cheaper when you add in land border visa exempts into the equation 

ED visa = 30k, plus ~15k for the week when i do the run to laos/cambodia

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Ed visa is 2000 Baht , you paid for lessons in school 

i would not have spent a minute there if it wasnt compulsory for visa,

and last year or two i didnt bother going,

but it was still 30k, plus the fookin visa run

Edited by poanoi

9 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i would not have spent a minute there if it wasnt compulsory for visa,

and last year or two i didnt bother going,

but it was still 30k, plus the fookin visa run

It wasnt compulsory for a EDvisa , you could have stayed on tourist visas, visa exempts during that time . 

Four years ago, Two trips to Laos per year and get double entry tourist visa , two visa extensions and two trips to the nearest border . 8000 Baht on visa and extensions plus travel expenses and that was good for one year

Hes a Maths Teacher

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

37 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It wasnt compulsory for a EDvisa , you could have stayed on tourist visas, visa exempts during that time . 

Four years ago, Two trips to Laos per year and get double entry tourist visa , two visa extensions and two trips to the nearest border . 8000 Baht on visa and extensions plus travel expenses and that was good for one year

travel is not an option for me, i am in a world of pain after walking/standing 10 minutes, and get a permanent degradation if i carry on after that.