How To Stretch Shoes?

junkofdavid2

Hi,

Didn't notice it for about a week or two, but later realized my shoes (adidas rubber shoes) were a little too tight.

1) What kind of "tool" can someone buy to stretch these?

2) Where is this tool available?

3) Around how much should it cost?

4) Can it be done in a repair shop instead?

5) Can anyone recommend a good repair shop for this? (And where is it?)

6) How much would the repair shop charge?

7) How do you say "stretch" in Thai language?

Cheerios

You can stretch leather shoes a little bit; but due to it's elastic qualities, I think if you tried to stretch rubber it would only return to its original shape. Try this, bake in oven at 250 degrees for 20 minutes and then slip them back on over a couple pairs of asbestoes socks. Or, you could try to excjange them.

A couple of suggestions: Source

1. To stretch shoes, slip a leak-proof plastic bag into the shoe, fill with water, ensuring it fills the shoe completely. Close securely and freeze. The water expands and stretches the shoe.

2. To stretch tight shoes, pack with potato peelings and leave for 48hrs. (I know potatos are like hen's teeth in Thailand - so any vegetable peelings should do).

Peter

A couple of suggestions: Source

1. To stretch shoes, slip a leak-proof plastic bag into the shoe, fill with water, ensuring it fills the shoe completely. Close securely and freeze. The water expands and stretches the shoe.

2. To stretch tight shoes, pack with potato peelings and leave for 48hrs. (I know potatos are like hen's teeth in Thailand - so any vegetable peelings should do).

Peter

:o

Or the freezing process will cleanly remove the upper from the lower.

:D

Growing up on the rainy west coast of Canada where getting your feet wet is inevitable in the winter, I've always found that getting a pair of shoes thoroughly soaked inside and out and then wearing them until they dry will break them in and mold them to your feet exactly.

Wouldn't advise this with an expensive pair of Bally loafers, but for running shoes and hiking boots it works great!

Edit- just re-read the OP and realized that the shoes in question are rubber. My method is for leather shoes.

Edited by bino