Male model falls to death from Rama VIII Bridge into river

webfact

12 minutes ago, impulse said:

Or a selfie gone bad.  Wouldn't be the first time someone put down their smartphone to get into a better spot for a dramatic selfie, and lost their balance.

I have no clue what happened.  But any conclusion is a little bit premature.

Do people normally remove their sandals when taking selfies?

Rama VIII is a traffic only bridge, I wondered how he got to the middle to make his jump..

5 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:
21 minutes ago, impulse said:

Or a selfie gone bad.  Wouldn't be the first time someone put down their smartphone to get into a better spot for a dramatic selfie, and lost their balance.

I have no clue what happened.  But any conclusion is a little bit premature.

Rama VIII is a traffic only bridge, I wondered how he got to the middle to make his jump..

No clue on removing sandals for selfies.  But if I was stepping onto a precarious spot for any purpose, I'd take off my sandals to get better footing.  That's if I wore sandals.  I don't.  Largely for that reason.

As for how he got to the middle, people do all kinds of stupid things to get a better selfie than their rivals.

Sadly a young man lost his life seemingly because of financial problems. Seems that there are some pretty heartless people here trying to have fun with this and as usual bickering over things. It's pretty vile in my opinion. Here's a face to put with the story.

1_74541.jpg.6b4782065bc37b010dfc9d001598bd91.jpg

3 minutes ago, Trouble said:

Sadly a young man lost his life seemingly because of financial problems. Seems that there are some pretty heartless people here trying to have fun with this and as usual bickering over things. It's pretty vile in my opinion. Here's a face to put with the story.

1_74541.jpg.6b4782065bc37b010dfc9d001598bd91.jpg

I do disagree , there are no "heartless people trying to have fun" , we are just discussing a story , which tends to happened on discussion forums when a story is posted .

You seem just to want to get upset about something and to chastise other posters (when there really is no need to on this occasion )

28 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I thought Rama VIII was used by pedestrians and cyclists too?

13 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

something fishy in this story 

suicide? 

Murder? 

Insurance scam? 

Body not found meaby he turn up later, time will tell.. 

Thai TV said this morning  he borrowed about 5 million baht to set up a skin cream  business with some friends.

Business went sour and he got left holding the baby.  He suicided to avoid losing face  with his family.

Should have stuck to modelling.

Fashion model’s body retrieved from Chao Phraya

By The Nation

The body of a male fashion model who jumped from the Rama VIII Bridge was found and retrieved from the Chao Phraya river early on Tuesday.

The Bang Pho police station was alerted at 1am that a body was seen floating near the Krung Thon Bridge, and sent a boat to retrieve it.

The body was sent for a post-mortem at Ramathibodi Hospital and identified as Thammasorn Chaphakdee, 26.

Thammasorn was seen sitting on the rail of the Rama VIII Bridge before jumping off on Sunday afternoon.

His family said he had become depressed over financial difficulties after a friend withdrew his stake from a joint spa project.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30351614

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-07

28 minutes ago, lust said:

More like, “you made your decision, now die with it.”

i don't know how high the centre span is above the river but I do know of guys who had to jump from the helideck on the Piper and a few broke bones on impact with the water.

Someone else can google it.

Ok I googled it.

Piper 60 metres

Rama V111  10 to 11 metres.

Rama 1X   40 metres

14 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Which brings the questions:

- Is there any good barrier to stop 'pedestrians'?

- Is there any real-time monitoring whether any 'pedestrians' are on the bridge?

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

- Is there any real-time monitoring whether any 'pedestrians' are on the bridge?

I already replied to an earlier poster, it seems that Rama VIII has pedestrian walkways so not an access problem. 

à¸à¸¥à¸à¸²à¸£à¸à¹à¸à¸«à¸²à¸£à¸¹à¸à¸ à¸²à¸à¸ªà¸³à¸«à¸£à¸±à¸ rama VIII bridge bangkok

15 hours ago, jimster said:

So the male model survived the fall but died due to drowning? Tragic...but goes to show that Thailand urgently needs to teach it's citizens to swim. I find it embarrassing that in a country with so much ocean so few people can swim. Thais always comment on how well I swim - I'm like...it's normal. Don't they teach you that in school?

Actually there are 'learn to swim' programs and at some schools there's a pool.

Ever heard of '....the budget for the xxx program disappeared?

2 hours ago, nahkit said:

Insurance scam? 

How about for those two suggestions?

You take my post out of context I also said 

suicide? 

Murder? 

Body not found meaby turn up later, time will tell.... 

So again what is it I need apologize for????? 

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

No, but if you want that you should go to Canada. Canada loves barriers and monitoring your every move.

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:
4 hours ago, nahkit said:

Insurance scam? 

How about for those two suggestions?

You take my post out of context I also said 

suicide? 

Murder? 

Body not found meaby turn up later, time will tell.... 

So again what is it I need apologize for????? 

So what was the 'fishy' part of the story as was that an hilarious joke because he jumped into a river?

You justify suggesting it was an insurance scam because you offered a couple of other options?

Ok, using your logic, how about this:-

Your either

a) a complete idiot

b) an insensitive thaivisa armchair sleuth

c) a really nice guy

So don't get upset about the first two options because I've offered you a third one ok? To focus on just those two would be taking my post out of context.

13 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Doubt they are reading this also. 

Yes, you are probably right but the fact is, you don't know for sure. I'm guessing your reasoning is because he is Thai his family wouldn't be on a website like this.

About 12 months ago, the Thai brother-in-law of my son committed suicide. I remember at the time how upset my sons' wife was at the death of her brother. Thankfully, it was never reported on Thaivisa but I know for sure that had it been and I had read the armchair sleuths with their un-informed theories then I would of probably been banned from here.

Archived