Phuket named second best beach in the world

webfact

4 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I'd guess that Australia 'is' the best beach (according to their criteria): the longest, least spoilt, and least crowded. Only negative point are the occasional saltwater crocs and sharks. ?

You make a good point. Don't forget the box jellyfish, which makes most northern beaches non-swimming zones apart form the special enclosures over part of the year. Blue bottles are everywhere too. Not usually lethal, but no fun either.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can name at least 10 beaches much better, cleaner, without pushy umbrella, mats, sarong, ice cream, fruit and 100 other things being forced in your face every 3 minutes. 

Of course, a gunfight on the beach between rival jetski gangs, or a speedboat operator beating the crap out of tourists they overcharged, could be a highlight that gets Phuket into the top 10.

12 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I'd guess that Australia 'is' the best beach (according to their criteria): the longest, least spoilt, and least crowded. Only negative point are the occasional saltwater crocs and sharks. ?

Actually Australia is the least popular beach in the world. 

That's right, fewer people per square mile than almost anywhere else. ?

11 hours ago, tropo said:

You make a good point. Don't forget the box jellyfish, which makes most northern beaches non-swimming zones apart form the special enclosures over part of the year. Blue bottles are everywhere too. Not usually lethal, but no fun either.

Thats what stinger suits are for.

7 hours ago, beechbum said:

Thats what stinger suits are for.

Sure, but people visiting pristine, best-of-the-world beaches may find that having to wear special protective suits in order to avoid untimely death takes the edge off a bit. LOL

Perhaps Australian beaches should be on the world's most dangerous list. Sharks, rip tides, lethal jellyfish, bluebottles galore and saltwater crocodiles. Did I miss any?

OK, I get it. I shouldn't have used Australia as an example, but putting Bali on the top 15 list was a stretch.

6 hours ago, Wallander4 said:

There's dozens of beaches in Vietnam better than any Phuket beach ...

They just wanted to make the list aimed at promoting Hawaii's beaches look a bit more genuine. Phuket is well known around the world, so it served that purpose.

Archived