Lesson Finally Learned

KhaoYai

Speaking of "that's my Brother", early into my relationship with my wife of, now, 33 happy years, she showed me a room on the other side of the Chowphya River where she was staying. There to my dismay was a military uniform hanging on the wall. My heart sank but she assured me that it was the uniform belonging to her younger brother. Long story short, she moved in with me and years later I met the brother. He was and is a total Dork, married to a Thai, begat a daughter, lost the Thai wife and is now living with his daughter and her husband.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

The trick is to find a Thai woman that has never knowingly thought about a relationship with a Farang or has no acquaintances who have Farang partners. Then they have nothing to compare it with.

I willing to bet there are just as many TV members who have long term successful relationships as those that had problems, if not more.

Agreed although it is recognized that one must deal with the reality of a different culture. From my first visit in 2009, I have always had great experiences with Thai females but I have also always kept my balance.

59 minutes ago, phitsanulokjohn said:

That man's my Brother.

How many times have I heard that old chestnut?

and by all accounts still doing the rounds most successfully.

I guess you've "heard" it many times..........unsubstantiated, second/thirdhand, on TVF, from people who "heard" it likewise.

I don't know how many times you have actually heard it said to you in the real world.

I have heard it four times.

As a result of being introduced to four brothers.......and their wives.......and their children.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

It's a myth that there's a Thai girl waiting for every foreign guy who hops on a plane and comes here. That's right: even when you look in all the right places, do your homework, and take your time, cultural differences and language barriers make it hard to know what you're getting into until it's too late. Some men are not temperamentally suited to transcend these barriers, and that's not necessarily a shortcoming on their part. Steering clear of romantic entanglements is oftentimes the wisest course of action. Counterintuitive in a country with a reputation for being a girlie mecca, but nevertheless true. Nothing to be ashamed about. Often quite liberating, actually.

thats what happens when you leave your brain and both heads at Suvarnabhumi airprot

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, phitsanulokjohn said:

That man's my Brother.

How many times have I heard that old chestnut?

and by all accounts still doing the rounds most successfully.

It does happen, especially a lot in Issan. I know personally one guy.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Hmmm, we in the USA have a pathological liar as President and his supporters certainly haven't ostracized him.  But back to the OP, the only loser in that piece seems to be the German guy.  What the heck is going on with that guy?

he probably thinks "my wife is different"