Video: Drunk Benz driver "four times over the limit" chases Civic along Bangkok roads

webfact

Video: Drunk Benz driver "four times over the limit" chases Civic along Bangkok roads

7pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Dash cam footage from the driver of a Honda Civic showed what happened on a journey along Rama 3 road heading towards Ratchadaphisek late on Sunday night.

The incident appears to start with a Benz veering dangerously across the path of the Civic in the right outside lane.

The occupants of the Civic surmise that the Benz driver is drunk.

Then the driver of the Benz goes in chase. The frightened occupants of the Civic call police and the female voice on the other end of the line advises caution.

At one point the Benz impedes the other car's progress up a bridge then continues the chase reversing and catching up at a red light.

However at the lights the driver of the Civic sees the welcome sight of police.

Thai Rath reported the incident repeating the comments of the poster on Facebook who used the name Nipon Asavakulpanus.

They claimed that the Benz driver was found to have a blood alcohol reading of 224 mg/100ml that is four and a half times the legal limit of 50mg.

Thai Rath did not have any information to share about the driver of the Benz or police action in the case.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-08

• Haha 1

How many cars are there in BKK? millions, how many drunk drivers running around at any given moment? thousands, so this is an almost isolated case isolated enough to make the news, as far as i concern, as bad as it looks, still, much better situation than many other countries....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hahaja that scumbag Benz driver is even to drunk to retaliate against the Civic driver who dared to use her klaxon against him.

Anywhere else in the world he be in jail his car impounded and driving license declared void. 

TIT, we all know that this place resides in another universe so we can't compare it to this world..  ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darcula said:

What was he thinking? 11pm and only 4 times over the limit! Clearly an amateur.

Come on, give him a chance. His shift on highway patrol may not have changed until 20:00 ish...........................

:tongue:

• Haha 2

We ordered some pepper spray for exactly this reason and to deal with these kind of people in an emergency situation. There are so many nutters on the roads nowadays. 

Does anybody know if tasers are legal and if so where you can buy them? 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Happy enough said:

drink driving just isn't taken seriously here. my brother in law got caught at a police check point a few weeks back and was taken to the cop shop. 30,000 baht and back home. no ban, no record. just the way it is

**i was caught in London about 20 odd years ago. 2 year ban reduced to 18 months if take the drink drive course. every saturday morning for 6 months in camden. couple of thousand pound fine and a promise that if caught driving on a ban jail for a few months. haven't drunk drove ever since

It works with some people then this nanny state approach, plus you must have been close to this scumbags condition to get a two year ban and such a large fine

Unless of course it was not the first time you got collared  5555555 

• Like 1

Just now, oldlakey said:

It works with some people then this nanny state approach, plus you must have been close to this scumbags condition to get a two year ban and such a large fine

Unless of course it was not the first time you got collared  5555555 

no. i was pissed off as they collared me outside my house when already parked up. refused the breath test. throw it at you when you do that 5555. had i known i'd have just taken the breath test.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

no. i was pissed off as they collared me outside my house when already parked up. refused the breath test. throw it at you when you do that 5555. had i known i'd have just taken the breath test.

If you refuse the system just takes over and it costs you more

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

It's obvious it was the Civics fault. HiSo Benz, and their like, rule the country.  Next!

nope. it's obvious it was the mercs fault and the civic passenger started to sound scared towards the end and rightly so. the merc driver was acting like a prick and quite possibly was armed. i'd be concerned myself. money exchanged everyone free and back on the roads ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Happy enough said:

nope. it's obvious it was the mercs fault and the civic passenger started to sound scared towards the end and rightly so. the merc driver was acting like a prick and quite possibly was armed. i'd be concerned myself. money exchanged everyone free and back on the roads ?

humour malfunction?   

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

bob. why do you that find confusing? i'm pretty sure i'm correct