Same sex female couple - fertility clinics in Thailand

Kko2018

My wife and I (married in the United States) relocated to Thailand 3 weeks ago and are looking for a fertility clinic that will help us conceive a child. We know that our marriage is not recognized in Thailand and that it is unusual for fertility clinics to work with single women. If anyone knows of any clinics that may work with us or any other valuable information, please let me know. Thanks!

Do you have an identified sperm donor? As availability of donated sperm will be the constraint. 

Sale of/payment for donated sperm or egg is illegal (as is the sale of all human tissue) in Thailand, and as a matter of policy most fertility clinics also do not allow anonymous donation.  Perhaps for that reason, there are no sperm banks. The usual procedure is for both prospective donor and recipient to come in person to the clinic.

Most clinics will only accept married women, I have no reports on how they deal with same sex couples married in their home country, might be OK if you have the sperm source issue worked out. In any event the marriage part is AFAIK is not a legal requirement, just policy, and I hear that there are a few clinics that will accept unmarried woman. But they would still expect you to bring in your own donor.

Archived