Daily Corpse Count: 25 dead at scene in road accidents on Wednesday

webfact

Daily Corpse Count: 25 dead at scene in road accidents on Wednesday

news_dpykrEMmIu192526_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News continued in their daily count of people dying at the scene of road accidents.

They reported that on Wednesday another 25 were added to the list.

That made 255 since the start of this month and 8,723 since the start of the year.

These are just those reported dead at the scene - the reality is that there are many more fatalities in Thailand that has been named as having the most dangerous roads in the world.

Daily News keep a daily tally in an ongoing campaign to effect change.

On Wednesday they said a minivan overturned on the Friendship Highway near the u-turn at Don Yi in Korat.

Forty four year old Wanwisa Naktham was thrown out and killed. Seven were injured.

Driver Krisada Jandarot, 26, said he hit a pothole in the rain causing him to flip. The service was Bangkok to Amnat Charoen.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-09

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chopin2 said:

How do you convince a maniac benz-racer that it isn't a video game?

What happened to that video? Pooh yai by any chance?

Edited by eddie61
Missed a bit.....

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News continued in their daily count of people dying at the scene of road accidents.

They are highlighting the population control system at work on a normal day:

4 hours ago, webfact said:

255 since the start of this month and 8,723 since the start of the year.

How else can you look at it, for those who might see it as a morbid statement? It is a de facto system, as the government are genuinely not interested in doing anything to reduce the deaths.

• Thanks 1

It's just occurred to me that the government probably realises that it is impossible to do anything. Thais are completely ungovernable and will always do what suits them best, no matter what the consequence for others or even themselves. You simply can't tell a Thai what to do as they will take no notice of you. So they cannot be taught to drive properly and safely unless they WANT to. Some do, but others are too lazy or stupid or simply don't care or see any danger in what they do. And actually learning to drive properly is hard, and Thais do not do hard if there is an easy way instead.

The item below sums up Thais perfectly.
Thailand.jpg.bdd96e591d2d6ea4e2025a916e467eca.jpg
"So they cannot be taught to drive properly and safely unless they WANT to."
Well said, so the answer is to make them want to. It's easy to do in fact, just get the police to do their job, then Thai drivers will be hit in the back pocket big time. At that point, they will want to because money is involved.
Oh, ok, I agree, that's actually impossible. That would involve getting the police to do their job because they want to.

Sent from my F3116 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

It really is quite shameful that already this year there have been  close on 9000 known about fatalities .. They are warzone casualty figures .. The main man in charge speaks on many , the Shinawatra's , elections , overflowing dams and more but I hear little about what will be done about a quite appalling death rate .. It makes myself a foreigner here genuinely reluctant to use the roads either as a driver or passenger ..

As for the pickup with the departing wheel in the vid' .. Check out the brake drum following the wheel down the road in the middle lane .. Lousy maintenance and no less for the wheel to come adrift which if the driver was paying attention should have had an idea was about to happen and pulled over .. 

Ironically I was in Australia recently and decided to renew my Australian driving licence as it had been expired for 3 years...I queued for around 10 minutes, took 5 to 6 minutes at the counter to process my new licence and make payment. I walked out within 20 minutes with a new licence. Australia has some of the safest roads in the world.

Last week I attempted to renew my (soon to expire ) licence in Rayong. I was there for a full half day waiting in different queues and eventually gave up. Our Thai office Manager told me to allow a full day to renew your licence and only then if you arrive very early and can get in the queue quick enough.

And yet the difference in road safety could not be greater. It’s no wonder many people here do not bother getting a licence. I have given up on it and have just applied for an international licence to tie me over for 12 months.

Just one of many heavily overloaded pick ups not designed to  carry anything like what they do here.

I live in a farming community and regularly see  pick ups overturned and their contents , usually pineapples, all over the road.

They jack up the rear suspension , add some extra wide tyres and off they go sitting in the outside lane of dual carriageways crawling along  unable to steer and refusing to move over because they are so unstable they know it would tip over if they even tried.

Then watch them pull off at traffic lights with the whole vehicle yo-yo ing front to rear due to the excess  weight. Just like the regularly overturned  sugar cane  lorries  but on a  smaller  scale.