Rental in The Base Pattaya?

skoggi

I always had decent houses in my life, but never one with an ocean view.

In Southern California even a house or condo with a "peek a boo" view of water will run over one million dollars.

With this, it does seem to me that many people here do not care that much about a view.

Like someone mentioned, I could no way live in a condo or place here facing another building but I know may who do and do not seem to care.  And, the cost of a view here is not that much more.

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I always had decent houses in my life, but never one with an ocean view.

In Southern California even a house or condo with a "peek a boo" view of water will run over one million dollars.

With this, it does seem to me that many people here do not care that much about a view.

Like someone mentioned, I could no way live in a condo or place here facing another building but I know may who do and do not seem to care.  And, the cost of a view here is not that much more.

If I want to see a view I can go to Pratumnak Hill.  In my room I don't need it.  The less sun the better.  An adjacent wall to block the sun and sound is ideal imo.  It's not worth paying extra for unless it's revenue property. If there are any empty lots or decrepid buildings between you and your view it could easily disappear some day.  Having a view just removes one more excuse for getting up and going out and doing something.  So if all you want to do is sit in your room all day every day then a view helps I guess.

Edited by lapd
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, lapd said:

If I want to see a view I can go to Pratumnak Hill.  In my room I don't need it.  The less sun the better.  An adjacent wall to block the sun and sound is ideal imo.  It's not worth paying extra for unless it's revenue property. If there are any empty lots or decrepid buildings between you and your view it could easily disappear some day.  Having a view just removes one more excuse for getting up and going out and doing something.  So if all you want to do is sit in your room all day every day then a view helps I guess.

I love the open feeling of a view.  Light and bright and open.  Facing a wall or building sounds depressing.

But, if that is all one has the budget for, then got to live someplace I guess.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:58 AM, lapd said:

I have NEVER seen anything in Pattaya for 500baht with all that.  Unless it's a total dump.  Hotel or AirBnB condo.  So I gotta call bullshit on that.

I do know of a clean place by the month that I can get for about 500baht a day with aircon fridge etc.  in low season. There sure ain't no sea view, rooftop pools or a gym though. 

I rented a 26 floor base condo for 30 days nov/2017 direct from management for 15K. Great view but felt like a hotel, too many drunks coming and going, crowded pool. 

1 hour ago, lapd said:

I can get you a good deal on a shipping container.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, lapd said:

There was no empty lot infront of the Base its was full with built up shophouses.

just keep ur black out curtains closed 24/7.

13 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

I rented a 26 floor base condo for 30 days nov/2017 direct from management for 15K. Great view but felt like a hotel, too many drunks coming and going, crowded pool. 

Yeah but bow u talking monthly deals.

we know that daily 1000-1500 bht is the rate.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:08 PM, AlexCanada said:

I've never paid for electricity at any of my AirBNB stays around the world.  I have not used AirBNB in SE Asia though but I assume AirBNB rules would still apply in SEA.

You must pay electric bill in Thailand because some people would run A.C. 24 hours a day creating a bill bigger than The rental income

• Thanks 1