UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

23 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Yes I think its called rent a mob  Interesting that no-one can provide a number on the eligible voters that took part in the march 

"Rent-a-mob" would imply people were being paid to march, although there is no evidence to support this; in fact the opposite was true, people from Leeds, for example, were being asked to pay £20-27 for coach transport. Unless marchers were being shipped in from overseas I would have expected the vast majority to be eligible voters, although pictures did show a few who were clearly too young. New voters since 2016 were brought to the fore: it seems wrong that many who will be as much as 19 years old by the time Brexit is due to happen will not have had an opportunity to effectively determine their futures.

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Yes I think its called rent a mob  Interesting that no-one can provide a number on the eligible voters that took part in the march 

Not sure how they manage to differentiate between the protesters from the shoppers, workers, sports fans and Russian secret agents either! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

No linki.....no likey

Here the missing link for the photo it was a march in  Manchester 2015 Before Brexit

The security for a 2015 EDL demo in the city which attracted 400 of their supporters cost about £250,000.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/there-been-more-members-sugarbabes-15306865

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Here the missing link for the photo it was a march in  Manchester 2015 Before Brexit

The security for a 2015 EDL demo in the city which attracted 400 of their supporters cost about £250,000.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/there-been-more-members-sugarbabes-15306865

Bravo, Clouseau.

Edited by nauseus
  • Haha 1

It was yesterday in Manchester.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, My Thai Life said:

I can't agree Tebee. I seem to be one of the few non-aligned posters on this thread, perhaps the only one. And from the very beginning it has been clear that the distortions and unsubstantiated claims (and insults) are greater on the leave than the remain side (especially the insults).

The EU is a protectionist cartel, increasingly encroaching on national sovereignties. No one can seriously doubt this. I have linked many articles from respected sources to support this point of view. Your opinion is your own of course, but your claim that views that differ from yours are unsubstantiated is simply not true.

By the way, there is a simple workable strategy outside of the EU - Free Trade. My response to your link to the Government's economic forecast makes that clear. And the EU's intransigence on the "backstop" is pushing us faster in that direction, via "no deal".

Of course, there is dogma and ideology on both sides, the EU's being neo-liberal economic policy and ever-closer union; that's why Blair loves it so much. And look where neo-liberalism has got us in the last 10 years: the international financial disaster, austerity, 60% youth unemployment in some EU countries, crisis in the Eurozone, to name just a few.

The EU is indeed neo liberal and life on the outside will be better than shackled to its yoke. As for Blair has he not been arrested for war crimes yet? I guess that also sums up the company the EU like to keep.

in fact there is a very respected Oxford study that shows GDP will be down 4% (Over 10 years) if we go WTO rules seems like a bargain as we will import cheaper food and get about 10 billion back in EU tattoos for their cars.

So in real terms outside looks much better ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

The EU is indeed neo liberal and life on the outside will be better than shackled to its yoke. As for Blair has he not been arrested for war crimes yet? I guess that also sums up the company the EU like to keep.

in fact there is a very respected Oxford study that shows GDP will be down 4% (Over 10 years) if we go WTO rules seems like a bargain as we will import cheaper food and get about 10 billion back in EU tattoos for their cars.

So in real terms outside looks much better ????

You claim the EU is neoliberal, but what is the sovereign UK going to be after Brexit? And are you sure food imports are going to be cheaper (while maintaining quality)?  Finally, what the .... are EU tattoos and what do they have to do with cars???

• Like 1

23 hours ago, My Thai Life said:

I am not a Brexiter. I am just someone who supports democratic decisions. And by the way, the comment that you are objecting to is from The Guardian, not my own. Perhaps you'd like the full version: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/19/peoples-vote-march-eu-referendum-brexit

The Notting Hill carnival has around four times as many attendees.

Democratic decisions can be changed, and often are. That's how democracy works. Particularly if the original decision was based on a false premise.

The source of the comment is irrelevant.

What has attendance at a three day festival of music, eating and drinking etc. got to do with a political demonstration? Glastonbury has many more attendees than this demonstration as well, and is equally irrelevant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

How do you know he is a Brexiteer or is it more fake news from the remoaners on this forum

• Like 1

Very very very far right I hope!! I want my country back, and we will get it believe me.

How and why will we be reducing food quality and dont quote the old chlorinated chicken line, I've eaten lots of US food and it tastes great.

I didnt notice tattoos the stupid EU spell checker a tad careless of me but it replaced it instead of tariffs, which we will make loads of money out of.

and did the EU protect us with the dodgy donkey and horse meat scandal it originated in the EU. Or protect us from the evil German car manufacturers who lied so we have been poisoning our kids in their suposidly clean diesel cars? The answer is no they didn't. So bring on some American chicken, and some of their great cars and bikes. So we can ditch the EU and make Britain Great again. Just like mr Trump is doing in America. 
who exactly do you think ends up paying the tariffs? Ill give you a hint - not the EU car manufacturers.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

The German view of us - Brexit is making us an international laughing stock  

Brexit Negotiations
Watching a Country Make a Fool of Itself

No country in the world has cultivated arrogance the way Britain has. But the sad truth is: The former global power can't even find its way to the door without tripping over its feet.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/brexit-talks-watching-a-country-make-a-fool-of-itself-a-1234143.html

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, tebee said:

The German view of us - Brexit is making us an international laughing stock  

Brexit Negotiations
Watching a Country Make a Fool of Itself

No country in the world has cultivated arrogance the way Britain has. But the sad truth is: The former global power can't even find its way to the door without tripping over its feet.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/brexit-talks-watching-a-country-make-a-fool-of-itself-a-1234143.html

or maybe a

View of UK which is shared by Germany as well.

laughing stock and fool, dunno, think the worst bit is that

UK has made it rather crystal clear that the political leadership has no cohesion, cannot work together is not trustworthy

• Like 2