UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

24 minutes ago, Tweedle dee said:

I left the UK 15 <deleted> years ago..and all i see here is this boring relentless shit ..why oh why do you hang on to momys apron  strings . go back home FFSKs

If you are in Thailand you're a guest ... you might end up back there one day.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, SteveB2 said:

Jeeez. Based on all the demographics, opinion polls and everything. we should not persue the referrendum result...

I don't know what to say - I guess the UK is finnished then.

I'm really sorry to get in your way and all that.

So see ya mofo's. Enjoy your centralised European superstate dominated by Germany. 

The thousands of Brits who gave their lives to prevent this calamity must be spinning in their graves right now.

... and all everyone can gripe about is the short term economics of the decision. You short sighted ignorant <deleted>!

The whole point of the EU was to prevent the slaughter of men in useless wars, working together rather than fighting each other. We can’t bring them back to ask them, but I suspect a 22 year old who died in the war might think the EU was a good idea, and might have wished it existed in the early 20th Century. 55 million people died in the Second World War, many from extermination and starvation. You want to bring back nationalism ... it seems the collective memory has faded of where you end up going down that path. It’s not just about economics.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SteveB2 said:

Jeeez. Based on all the demographics, opinion polls and everything. we should not persue the referrendum result...

I don't know what to say - I guess the UK is finnished then.

I'm really sorry to get in your way and all that.

So see ya mofo's. Enjoy your centralised European superstate dominated by Germany. 

The thousands of Brits who gave their lives to prevent this calamity must be spinning in their graves right now.

... and all everyone can gripe about is the short term economics of the decision. You short sighted ignorant <deleted>!

in 50 years germany has never had 1 ounce of influence on my life in the UK 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Unfortunately the actions of the Brussels Bureaucrats is creating, what you wrongly describe as nationalism. It’s only within the last 3- 4 years that i’ve heard of such anti German sentiment, firstly from Greece, then from Eastern European countries, and unfortunately now from the U.K.

Why, because many people, rightly or wrongly consider Germany to be the driving force, behind the destruction of EuropeN states and culture.

If they had left the EEC in place, this would not have happened, Guaranteed. Or if each Europeans state had actually put the option to join this so called union to the electorate, and then respected their decision. Then again there would not have been this problem.

It’s all about democracy,or as regarding the E.u. The lack of democracy.

you talk about democracy,yet the UK is a nowhere near a democracy,its not even one man one vote

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not fair!  I voted for the monster raving loony party (or whatever it was called) once - as it was so obvious that a protest vote was required against both the Labour and Tory parties, as they were pretty much the same....

While it's good that you admit voting and placing your vote as a protest vote, would you admit doing the same during the Brexit referendum?

While tories are in total chaos, unable to sort their petty leadership politics by themselves, which actions should be taken, by the real people, to save the United Kingdom?

Peston expands on Sunday Times report that Theresa May and her Cabinet are planning to tank the stock market and sterling to try and panic backbench MPs into supporting her Brexit deal

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

That’s OK for you living in France. However for the lower paid workers in the U.K iT’s @ big problem. But why should you worry about them, as I ‘ve said numerous times, you are just a very selfish individual.

It's not the fault of the EU that minimum wage is not always strictly enforced. This must be possible through NI and company tax returns.

It is also not the fault of the EU that some Brits failed at school and despite being natural language speakers can not compete with foreigners.

Leaving will NOT solve these problems for you

20 hours ago, JAG said:

Now changing tack, personally, I am getting more than a little fed up with "assumptions" that because I hold an entirely reasonable - reasoned even - view that, as I said was the result of considerable thought, I am in favour of any or all things which those who take an opposing view dislike.

Well there we have it. Unlike you my views are based on experience rather than "considerable thought". I was exporting around the world before and after the introduction of the single market and saw the benefits it brought to UK business. No one with an argument based on thought will ever convince me that things could ever be better outside the single market. We can only hope that the final outcome produces something nearly as good.

In 2016 as a member of the EU the UK had become the 5th largest economy by GDP, do you really think that being outside the EU that can be improved on?

The United Kingdom, with a $2.62 trillion GDP is the fifth largest economy in the world. When compared in terms of GDP PPP, UK slips to the ninth spot with a GDP (PPP) of $2.91 trillion. It ranks twenty third in terms of GDP per capita which is $39,734.59. Its nominal GDP is estimated at $2.96 trillion during 2018, but its ranking is expected to slide to the seventh spot by 2023 with a GDP of $3.47 trillion. 

https://www.investopedia.com/insights/worlds-top-economies/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1