UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

6 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

Very very very far right I hope!! I want my country back, and we will get it believe me.

How and why will we be reducing food quality and dont quote the old chlorinated chicken line, I've eaten lots of US food and it tastes great.

I didnt notice tattoos the stupid EU spell checker a tad careless of me but it replaced it instead of tariffs, which we will make loads of money out of.

and did the EU protect us with the dodgy donkey and horse meat scandal it originated in the EU. Or protect us from the evil German car manufacturers who lied so we have been poisoning our kids in their suposidly clean diesel cars? The answer is no they didn't. So bring on some American chicken, and some of their great cars and bikes. So we can ditch the EU and make Britain Great again. Just like mr Trump is doing in America. 

Brit who goes by the name of ‘Patriot1066’ admires the far rightwing and Trump.

Obviously you were not paying attention to your history master when attempts were made to educate you on what exactly happened to the ‘Patriots’ of 1066, and importantly in the years after.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

Very very very far right I hope!! I want my country back, and we will get it believe me.

How and why will we be reducing food quality and dont quote the old chlorinated chicken line, I've eaten lots of US food and it tastes great.

I didnt notice tattoos the stupid EU spell checker a tad careless of me but it replaced it instead of tariffs, which we will make loads of money out of.

and did the EU protect us with the dodgy donkey and horse meat scandal it originated in the EU. Or protect us from the evil German car manufacturers who lied so we have been poisoning our kids in their suposidly clean diesel cars? The answer is no they didn't. So bring on some American chicken, and some of their great cars and bikes. So we can ditch the EU and make Britain Great again. Just like mr Trump is doing in America. 

If your opinion is typical for Leavers then I think that the UK leaving the EU is best for both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whatsupdoc said:

As a European mainlander I can assure you that most on this side of the channel see Brexit as a complete folly and yes, the UK is an international laughing stock because of how they handle it.

With regard to embarrassing politicians, look no further than Boris Johnson, David Davis, Raab...... and May's dances do not really help as well.

And as someone from the European mainland you obviously know better than the majority of the Brits who voted to free itself from the EU shackles. Tell us all why are you so much more intelligent than us Brits. I can understand the mainlanders to being concerned about the money they may be losing from the UKs coffers, but other than that will you be really sad to see us go.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, vogie said:

In two years tebee or however long you have been posting I cannot remember you saying one good thing about the UK, you seem to take great pleasure in decrying your country of birth. If I was from the european mainland and read your posts (and some of the other posters), I too would be wondering why Brits havn't one good word to say about our country. It is disgracefull how you have no respect for the UK. Your constant negativity is totally boring.

Having said all that I cannot remember one occasion where Mrs May needs help to stand up unlike her counterpart, the head of the EU, now that is embarrassing. 

I don't despise my country, I despise it's current government  - and opposition

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vogie said:

And as someone from the European mainland you obviously know better than the majority of the Brits who voted to free itself from the EU shackles. Tell us all why are you so much more intelligent than us Brits. I can understand the mainlanders to being concerned about the money they may be losing from the UKs coffers, but other than that will you be really sad to see us go.

The money is a very minor point, it is not much compared to the total budget of the EU.

I expect EU members to share the values of the union. The more sane people in the UK have much in common with the Dutch, the Danes, the Germans.... If working together they could make the EU even better and more beneficial for the members.

But with the rhetoric coming from the Brexiteers, I think it is a good thing to be rid of the UK (until they come to their senses again and decide to rejoin).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This is also known as the 'with us or against us' argument (common amongst Nationalists and zealots). 

Away with you and your pretence of being the arbiter of what opinions others are allowed to hold express or not express. 

Source

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Obviously you were not paying attention to your history master when attempts were made to educate you on what exactly happened to the ‘Patriots’ of 1066, and importantly in the years after.

Stamford Bridge?

58 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That's one in the eye for him !

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Oh yes I understand now, the democratic vote you are trying to overturn.

Democracy did not end forever with one vote - if I feel something is wrong or the result was obtained by illegitimate means it is my democratic right to oppose it in any way I can. 

If you are getting fed up with the opposition now , just wait until after we do actually  brexit and everything goes pear shaped -  you be hearing so many cries of " I told you so!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He became a man of letters, and as 1066 indicates, French Letters ????

• Haha 1

One thing for the Brexiters to consider - everytime populist politics has taken over a country it's ended badly - Hitler, Mussolini, Mugabe and Venezuela for instance.

By populist politics I mean politics that appeals to the populations emotions over logic.   

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, vogie said:

And when everthing does not go pear shaped, remember not everyone was born under a dark cloud, some people have a positive take on life and will enjoy our new found freedom, rejoice tebee, and have a beer. I know my choice, what's your poison tebee?????????

Sorry - i'm metropolitan elite, so a red wine man - it does help living in France where a bottle of drinkable red £1.20 - the undrinkable stuff is about 80p per liter, but even I have standards.

I did formally enjoy a brown-bitter - preferably with Mann's brown, but neither of the components are easily obtainable either in France or thailand. 

Reality on the ground outpacing Brexit talks. 8 out 10 UK businesses holding back on investment. Bear in mind this compounds & these delays can’t be caught up. Brexit UK is in the slow lane & the world sees it.

“Unless a Withdrawal Agreement is locked down by December, firms will press the button on their contingency plans. Jobs will be lost and supply chains moved”.

http://www.cbi.org.uk/news/8-out-of-10-businesses-say-brexit-hits-investment-as-speed-of-talks-outpaced-by-reality-firms-face-on-ground/

2 hours ago, tebee said:

They were all democratically elected in the first place - you need to look at what the government is doing now - oppressing opposing views and Henry 8th powers - then start studying history. 

Do you have insider info....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You mean like oppressing the referendum vote?

in particular May's insistence that her way is the only way, but in more general terms the Brexiters instistance that the result is unassailable. "Yes I know I told you we were buying a new 5 bedroomed mansion and what we are getting is a 1 roomed tin shack at twice the price, but the family voted to do this democratically, so we must go through with the purchase"