UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

yes, ta, I saw that

of course, that is a relevant qualifier, parliament may revoke/amend the law or replace it with new stipulations,

which may close or open the door for a host of scenarios,

assuming that the law stays as is

Rmogg says exit 29 March full stop

if this is not correct, ok-fine, just more fake news

if it is correct then I understand this as the UK law is more restrictive than the treaty,

the law has removed the scope for agreed prolongation or deal/no deal scenarios

now, morning coffee

Without an end date set in place it would be the same as remaining  I do wonder if both sides would agree to using an independent International Court of Arbitration ( not Uk based or EU based ) 

1 minute ago, Stupooey said:

This is becoming rather like watching paint dry...

Blame this poster who drew more attention to the petition, thinking that 'only' 78,000 signing the petition meant it was only "trundling along" ????.

22 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Edited by dick dasterdly

21 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Well, would you want to be alone in a Eurostar carriage with these people?

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Probably interesting company for the journey assuming they wanted to chat. Also, we would obviously be travelling in Business unlike some of the sneery wise guys here who would be with the screaming kids in Economy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Probably interesting company for the journey assuming they wanted to chat. Also, we would obviously be travelling in Business unlike some of the sneery wise guys here who would be with the screaming kids in Economy.

Drat.....????

But those screaming kids probably have a spell checker..????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

It would be interesting (well maybe not) to see some of the unflattering photos of the forum contributors who feel qualified to cast judgment on others so easily.

It just shows what fossils they are that they think that a woman's appearance is somehow relevant to her competency. No surprising given the disproportionate representation of old brains in the Brexit camp.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Hang on.... are you seriously suggesting Diane Abbott is in any way competent!?!?!?!

????????????

Do those high-horse saddles start to chafe after a time?

And that is relevant to the issue of her physical appearance how? Apparently, you believe that were she a raving beauty, that would somehow be relevant.

• Haha 1

Just now, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

hang on.... are you seriously suggesting Diane Abbott is in any way competent!?!?!?!

Hang nothing. What does this 'any way' mean? That her political ineptitude can be legitimately linked to her looks? Grow up.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And that is relevant to the issue of her physical appearance how? Apparently, you believe that were she a raving beauty, that would somehow be relevant.

24 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Hang nothing. What does this 'any way' mean? That her political ineptitude can be legitimately linked to her looks? Grow up.

Pppffff, he we're go again - ascribing sentiments to me that I never offered up. Typical and to be expected I guess...

I never said anything of the sort, and you both know it, so please - try harder.

What I am doing is simply contesting the legitimacy of mentioning 'Diane Abbott' and 'competent' in the same sentence - i.e.: how is she in any way competent? Forget her appearance (I wish I could), I'm asking about her legitimacy in her position / her level of intelligence and her overall competency.

It's not that hard of a question to follow, surely?

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

It might be if that's what could correctly be construed from what I had written. On the other hand my comment about the aging brains of brexiters is accumulating more and more evidence of its accuracy.

It was just the mention of Abbott and the "competence" word in the same sentence that seemed to be ridiculous. Yes, my brain is aging, but not as fast a remainer's. ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

So, yet again you prove the complete lack of substance in your argument. It just so happens that they're both thick and ugly.

I for one never said anything about their unfortunate anatomies being linked to their poor intellects. You and your confused cohort above brought that up. Go check. 

I wouldn't kick her (GP) out of bed that's for sure, but, again she's no towering intellect, from what I have seen/read at least. 

Does that help abate your silly preconceived prejudice?

So you posted a photo that was entirely irrelevant to the topic? My aging brains hypothesis gets more and more confirmation. 

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Double-helm too. Nice!

yep nice indeed, an Atlantic 49, (also has another market name which slips me right now)

just exceptionally seaworthy in rough/big seas - wing  keel - fantastic sea vessel

the pics are from a 1 week trip from Norway (Oslo area) down to Denmark across to Gothenburg and back

to Norway - in February,

yes - chilly - yes windy

going across to Denmark 40 + knots wind 5-6 meter waves (ok period though) (which is a lot!) spent 24 hours on that,

would normally take 15 hours -but with that sea had to keep the speed down in order to safeguard the rig

when I woke up in Gothenburg we had received 30-40 centimeters of snow on deck, had to dig for the mooring lines

cool trip - I enjoy winter sailing

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So you posted a photo that was entirely irrelevant to the topic? My aging brains hypothesis gets more and more confirmation. 

Totally irrelevant to the topic, you're quite right. Only posted in a (probably pointless) attempt to show you how wrong you are in your arrogant judgement of me and my assessment of people based on looks. 

Speak as you find, that's what I say. You don't know me so, maybe, don't speak...?

Oh, and... I'm 30 years old. 

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker
  • Like 1