UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Especially people who like to boast that they live in zone 1 of the shooting..stabbing..acid throwing..gbh capitol of the world !!!

Not round my manor chum. Better class of crook. (PS You might still be able to buy an ex-council 1-bed for ~ 400k with your Brexit pounds though)

Edited by SheungWan

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Thailand based Brexiteers are the turkeys voting for Xmas .........the sterling stuffing is being prepared for them to choke on.

That depends on where their assets are sitting, assuming there are some to push around.

Edited by SheungWan

50 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

Yes... another good point.

May's successor can get stuck in and come back with a better deal.

may's successor wont get the lickings of a dog off the EU,why do you think she is saying its whats on offer or no deal,any tory clown who thinks he can go into a meeting with them shouting i want this that and tudther is living in a dream world,they dont have to give ground on anything they hold all the aces,they will make mincemeat of him/her,i said it on here months ago,its damage limitation,a no deal is a bad deal,the country has just pulled itself together and was looking in decent shape,as i said it "WAS" 

• Like 1

So finally, Brexit is sorted.......

1. Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab resigned just before 09:00 GMT
  2. Work and Pensions Secretary Esther McVey followed an hour later
  3. Junior Northern Ireland minister Shailesh Vara, junior Brexit minister Suella Braverman, and parliamentary private secretaries Anne-Marie Trevelyan and Ranil Jayawardena also step down
  4. Theresa May tells the Commons that "British people want us to get this done"
  5. Jeremy Corbyn calls it a "botched deal" that breaches the government's own red lines
  6. European Research Group of Tory MPs to submit letters calling for confidence vote in Theresa May's position
  7. Value of the pound drops by over 1%
  8. Mrs May announced the draft EU withdrawal agreement on Wednesday evening
  9. BBC Parliament reporting team: Paul Seddon, Richard Morris and Sophie Morris [BBC]

.....NOT!

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Thailand based Brexiteers are the turkeys voting for Xmas .........the sterling stuffing is being prepared for them to choke on. 

you add the spanish brexiteers to that,i was amazed watching a TV report before the vote how many wanted to leave the EU,they were warned of a 12-17% fall in sterling which as it turned out was about the only thing predicted before hand that actually was correct,they probably thought it wouldnt happen ????????,well 2.5 years later they are probably £10k-15k worse off and counting,cannot see how a few less poles in london could affect their live's in spain so much,i wonder what they would vote knowing what they know now,on another note had the UK took the euro as its currency it would of joined at a rate of about £=€1.55 a no deal and they could be looking at less that €1.00     oh dear????????????????????

JRM has sent the dreaded letter:

"Regrettably, this is not the situation, therefore, in accordance with the relevant rules and procedures of the Conservative Party and the 1922 Committee this is a formal letter of No Confidence in the Leader of the Party, the Rt Hon Theresa May."

Who could be the next PM?  Tories have burned through their best.

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Business is TERRIFIED of Prime Minister Corbyn’ - SHOCK warning to Question Time audience

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1027129/BBC-Question-Time-Jeremy-Corbyn-Labour-Government-UK-business-Isabel-Oakeshott

if ya think brexit was bad,you aint seen nothing like the mess JC and Labour will bring,but regrettably this is what brexit is going to give us,a double whammy <deleted>,dont think many will enjoy Thailand on when the £ is worth 30bt,never mind it seemed like a good idea at the time????????????

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Business is TERRIFIED of Prime Minister Corbyn’ - SHOCK warning to Question Time audience

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1027129/BBC-Question-Time-Jeremy-Corbyn-Labour-Government-UK-business-Isabel-Oakeshott

The manifesto is pro- business.  If you mean they are terrified of renationalisation, of worker's rights, of taking an active part in Green policies and rebuilding the economy, then I guess they would be, wouldn't they?

Remember last time out labour didn't ruin the public finances, it was the bankers, wasn't it?

• Like 2

Have to admit to yet another frisson of schadefreude on seeing TM's reception in the HoC today and further titillated by thought that  it is slowly dawning on the Brexiteers on this thread that they have all been talking about different things.

Brexit can now look forward to a death by a thousand knives.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

if ya think brexit was bad,you aint seen nothing like the mess JC and Labour will bring,but regrettably this is what brexit is going to give us,a double whammy <deleted>,dont think many will enjoy Thailand on when the £ is worth 30bt,never mind it seemed like a good idea at the time????????????

Last time out they did very well.....it was the bankers that plundered the public finances. 

If ya think brexit was bad- it isn't finished yet, and it's the present Government which is the bad part of it.

Please let's concentrate on what is at hand!

4 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Have to admit to yet another frisson of schadefreude on seeing TM's reception in the HoC today and further titillated by thought that  it is slowly dawning on the Brexiteers on this thread that they have all been talking about different things.

Brexit can now look forward to a death by a thousand knives.

Possibly, but this mutiny is against soft Brexit isn't it?  Not Brexit itself. If there is to be a new PM, he/she will likely be a Brexiteer proper.

This notwithstanding, I think the Remain camp will be mightily bolstered.

This could turn in to a rumble in the jungle- no deal versus no Brexit. Anyone can see there is no mid ground.

3 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Last time out they did very well.....it was the bankers that plundered the public finances. 

If ya think brexit was bad- it isn't finished yet, and it's the present Government which is the bad part of it.

Please let's concentrate on what is at hand!

last time out they saved <deleted> all up for a rainy day and the man who claims to of saved the world flogged off a huge part of the UKs gold reserves for peanuts,thanks labour,but dont worry JC can easily borrow to rebuild the brexit mess,all will be well

8 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

The manifesto is pro- business.  If you mean they are terrified of renationalisation, of worker's rights, of taking an active part in Green policies and rebuilding the economy, then I guess they would be, wouldn't they?

Remember last time out labour didn't ruin the public finances, it was the bankers, wasn't it?

Wasn't the  Labour Ex-Treasury secretary Liam Byrne's  that wrote a letter stating ‘I’m afraid there is no money.’

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Wasn't the  Labour Ex-Treasury secretary Liam Byrne's  that wrote a letter stating ‘I’m afraid there is no money.’

5 minutes ago, bomber said:

last time out they saved <deleted> all up for a rainy day and the man who claims to of saved the world flogged off a huge part of the UKs gold reserves for peanuts,thanks labour,but dont worry JC can easily borrow to rebuild the brexit mess,all will be well

It was the banks/credit crunch. Nothing to do with Labour. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Yes,but JC is the messiah,and all will be well???????????? thanks again brexit voters

LABOUR.jpg

11 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

It was the banks/credit crunch. Nothing to do with Labour. 

labour left the country bankrupt despite selling off nearly half the nations gold reserves and they even left a letter to confirm it,it cannot be any clearer than that,the credit crunch was a different matter totally irrelevent as to whoever was in power,altho entering it during labours squandering made it even more difficult. 

Edited by bomber

Just now, bomber said:

Yes,but JC is the messiah,and all will be well???????????? thanks again brexit voters

LABOUR.jpg

First, JRM has to garner 48 letters to even get a motion. Then PM has to lose the vote.  There are only 2 possible outcomes: the PM wins, or a new leader.

A vote of no confidence in the Government is quite a different matter.  It might happen if DUP withdraws support for the Government, but even then in order to happen in the first place, 60% of the House must agree to such a vote.

18 minutes ago, bomber said:

labour left the country bankrupt despite selling off nearly half the nations gold reserves and they even left a letter to confirm it,it cannot be any clearer than that,the credit crunch was a different matter totally irrelevent as to whoever was in power,altho entering it during labours squandering made it even more difficult. 

Well, prior to the crunch the public finances were in good order. 

And is Labour responsible for the present mess?- this has arguably been the worst Government in our history!  

32 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Gordon Brown Gold sale was nothing to do with the banks/credit crunch as it was between 1999-2002

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/4162054/Gordon-Browns-decision-to-sell-half-of-the-UKs-gold-reserves-cost-UK-5billion.html

5 billion.  Not good.

Remind me.. how much did the bank bailouts cost?

And Brexit?