Yet more free Thai legal advice! Employers face jail if they dock workers who arrive late.

rooster59

1 hour ago, kannot said:

I struggle with staff here, I dont know why, I mean the women usually have tiny tits are frequently late and  look like water monitors, once I've mentioned this they up an leave.....useless all of em!

There are also useless farang employers.

Some of them are called in German "Herrenmenschen" = master of race.

And the complain why Thais look down on farangs, at least some of them.

15 hours ago, maximillian said:

First reasonable post in this thread.

I would even say, that Thais are hard working. And look at all the companies, how could they flourish if workers would come and go as they wish ?  I see people working here early morning and late night. Bus companies, airlines, supermarkets, hospitals... you name it.

Thai companies don't need to complain. It's rather the companies that treat the employees often in an unfair manner.

'Thais are hard working'..... you're joking right?

21 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

'Thais are hard working'..... you're joking right?

May be harder than you! In another thread you told us you lived, probably worked, in Australia. And there you learned to work hard ... you're joking right?

I can't blame the workers for being late.  All the accurate self-winding watches seem to be taken, or loaned out.

Having lived in Thailand years ago, I can imagine people being late, say on a Monday morning.  Like coming in some time Tuesday afternoon.  Thai time.  But nowadays with traffic and transportation and whatnot, it's a real nightmare to get around in many places.

12 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

I can't blame the workers for being late.  All the accurate self-winding watches seem to be taken, or loaned out.

Having lived in Thailand years ago, I can imagine people being late, say on a Monday morning.  Like coming in some time Tuesday afternoon.  Thai time.  But nowadays with traffic and transportation and whatnot, it's a real nightmare to get around in many places.

Is this Thai bashing?  You can imagine but you did not experience.

Merriam Webster: Imagination = fanciful or empty assumption

Just now, bermannor said:

Is this Thai bashing?  You can imagine but you did not experience.

It's <deleted> humor, with sympathy at the end.  I like to bash anyone and everyone, including myself.  I bash Thais, including my wife and her relatives, in front of them.  I've been around the block a few times in my 65 years on this planet, so don't tell me what I have or have not experienced. Some people aren't merely late, they show up days later, if ever.  You ever make an appointment and sit around half a day waiting on a no-show? 

6 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

It's <deleted> humor, with sympathy at the end.  I like to bash anyone and everyone, including myself.  I bash Thais, including my wife and her relatives, in front of them.  I've been around the block a few times in my 65 years on this planet, so don't tell me what I have or have not experienced. Some

7 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Some people aren't merely late, they show up days later, if ever

You bash but don't like to be bashed?

And you think that's unique to Thailand?

6 minutes ago, bermannor said:

You bash but don't like to be bashed?

And you think that's unique to Thailand?

Who said I didn't like to be bashed, aside from you?  And what is the "unique to Thailand" bit? 

I bash Americans, Brits, Chinese, Thai, "Polacks", Italians and others whom I am familiar with.  It's fun.

Whilst this chap does seem to be positioning himself as the   "Big Jok" of the Thai legal profession, there is an underlying point. Employees need protection from being exploited, and employers quite probably need reminding of their statutory obligations. 

As for the issue of employees not turning up, or leaving without notice, well if you are on B320 a day, with no contract or job security, and you are offered the same (or more money), perhaps nearer home, with a friendlier environment, you will take it. 

Loyalty does work both ways. 

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I'm certain this would only apply to salaried employees, and he is correct.

So they need to be terminated

Wow, I dodged that bullet for years in the U.S.  I was salaried but I was in sales.  Work all kinds of weird hours and weekends sometimes.  Leave on a trip at 4 a.m, come back days later at 2 a.m. , over the weekend.  So sometimes I'd be a few hours late.  On the road, in the road, lying by the side of the road, whatever.

I had a boss who once called in sick at a job at a major electric company when he was younger.  They said "no way", have to come in.  He told them he was in bed with two chicks ... "Oh, OK."

20 hours ago, bermannor said:

There are also useless farang employers.

Some of them are called in German "Herrenmenschen" = master of race.

And the complain why Thais look down on farangs, at least some of them.

Guess  humour isnt your  thing then................German by any chance?

Archived