Trump says kept Omarosa because she 'said great things about me'

webfact

Trump says kept Omarosa because she 'said great things about me'

2018-08-13T161008Z_1_LYNXMPEE7C1AD_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-OMAROSA.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and Omarosa Manigault (R) attend a church service, in Detroit, Michigan, U.S., September 3 2016. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday said he kept former White House aideOmarosa Manigault Newman on staff because she praised him even as she failed to do her job, the latest insult in the two former reality television stars' public battle.

Trump said the former "The Apprentice" contestant had begged for a job in the White House but was hated by others, missed work and was "nasty." Still, he said he directed his chief of staff, John Kelly, to try to smooth things over with her.

"When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!" he wrote in a series of posts on Twitter.

Ahead of the Tuesday release of her book "Unhinged," which describes her time in the White House, Omarosa - known commonly by her first name - has released recordings of conversations she had with Kelly and Trump when she was fired in December.

The White House has pushed back, saying the recordings raise questions about her integrity. Spokeswoman Sarah Sanders on Sunday also said the recordings, including one in the White House's secure Situation Room, showed "a blatant disregard for our national security."

Asked if she was concerned about any legal consequences, Omarosa told NBC's "Today" program: "No, absolutely not."

She was previously best known for repeatedly being fired on NBC's "The Apprentice" and was one of Trump's more visible African-American supporters during his 2016 election campaign.

"It's sad that with all the things that's going on in the country that he would take time out to insult me and to insult my intelligence," she told MSNBC in reaction to Trump's tweets. "This is his pattern with African-Americans, and he doesn't know how to control himself."

(Reporting by Susan Heavey, Steve Holland and Mohammad Zargham; editing by Jonathan Oatis)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-08-14

3 hours ago, webfact said:

U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday said he kept former White House aideOmarosa Manigault Newman on staff because she praised him even as she failed to do her job

Yep, It doesn´t how much you suck at doing the work you are paid for, but never ever say something bad about "The Big Leader". I guess that explains why Mr. Trump and Mr. Kim looks like they are such good friends.

• Like 1

This fool is so childlike, "Hi Mum, teacher gave me a star for my exercise book today and says I'm a really good boy" ?.

Thank Christ he can only serve two terms as the clueless in America will likely return him again in 2020. I'm resigned to sensible statesmanlike leadership not returning until then.

Edited by freebyrd

43 minutes ago, freebyrd said:

This fool is so childlike, "Hi Mum, teacher gave me a star for my exercise book today and says I'm a really good boy" ?.

Thank Christ he can only serve two terms as the clueless in America will likely return him again in 2020. I'm resigned to sensible statesmanlike leadership not returning until then.

I hope you are wrong. I really think much higher of the American people - I can't see them electing him again in 2020. Depending on the results of the mid-term elections next November, he may not even be allowed to finish his first term. Let's hope so!

• Haha 1

He loves those that lavish him with praise, and despises those that are critical of him. It is due to a deep seated self loathing, and a lack of self esteem, though based on how he behaves, it is hard to understand. His incredibly thin skin says more about him, than anything else. More than likely he looked upon her as the token black woman in the room. Remember, at his rallies he points to black folk, and says " look, he is my african american!". A bit like saying he is my ni****.

Bottom line. The American empire is drawing to an end. Sure, the military may remain enormous for decades to come. But, the economy will continue to wither, compared to other giants, like China, and India. So will the cultural influence, as Hollywood is going downhill fast, and the pop singers of today do not have much to contribute. America will no longer be the place to be, as it will become harder and harder to get good paying jobs, the overall quality of life there is a pale shadow of what it used to be, for all but the top 5%, and the xenophobic visa policies will continue to discourage the best and the brightest from around the world from working there. Due to an outdated quota system, the US has not attracted that group, for quite some time. Trump is accelerating the process of decline, with countless policies completely lacking in vision, wisdom, or intelligence.

Where does one even begin, to ponder the mass of ignorance that is Donald Trump? Let us destroy decades and even a century or more, of long held, valuable relationships based on trust, and mutual dependency, with a few careless insults and no forethought. 

This summits should have been a real awakening for dumbo. He is not accustomed to being in a roomful of intelligent leaders, who are skilled at diplomacy, are real negotiators. However, he does not evolve as a man. Not his M.O.

Tiny D. - assuring that America is never great again. Practicing WWF style diplomacy, on a daily basis. The art of I cannot make a deal to save my life. Tiny D. - Making sure the truth is never considered, never thought about, never uttered, and never spoken. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2