FBI agent Strzok, who criticized Trump in text messages, is fired

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Trump took to Twitter not long after the news broke on Monday.

"Agent Peter Strzok was just fired from the FBI-finally," wrote Trump, who had called for Strzok's ouster before.

"The list of bad players in the FBI & DOJ gets longer & longer."

I thought the civil service laws and rules protected free speech!  If everyone in the US government who dislikes Trump is fired there will be thousands at the unemployment office. 

Definition: bad players=anyone who disparages our mighty leader.  This was originally Putin's area of expertise but he has passed it on to his underlings now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

I thought the civil service laws and rules protected free speech!  If everyone in the US government who dislikes Trump is fired there will be thousands at the unemployment office. 

Definition: bad players=anyone who disparages our mighty leader.  This was originally Putin's area of expertise but he has passed it on to his underlings now.

Free speech is one thing...making statements like he made in the course of a criminal investigation would destroy a case. But, hey thats a  US legal thing, nothing more to see.....

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Many were exposed by pure luck. Had Nixon's men been better at it, no one would have found out about Watergate, or the tapes etc etc.

Seems the US "intelligence services" are pretty incompetent, especially when they can't even stop foreign interference in elections, despite all their computers and the billions spent on them. Apparently, a few hackers in a basement somewhere are better than them.

If I were an American taxpayer, I'd want to know why an investigation costing millions and lasting over a year, has not produced a single conviction for collusion with the Russians over the last election.

Meanwhile, back with the OP, IMO Strzok deserved to be sacked if only for the obvious contempt with which he regarded the congressional committee that questioned him.

Lets see...Kennedys trying to kill Castro, Bay of Pigs, Angleton opening mail, Hoover lying to Congress, Helms lying to Congress, NSA surviellance, lies to the Warren Commission, Nicaraugua, Midnight cash to Iran, secret servers..... Both parties have done it and in the old days, both parties stopped it.

Now we have Carter Page. Next we have...me?  Then You? Yet folks who object to big brother get smeared.

In this situation...you wanna get Trump? Then follow the rules enshrined in our constitution.

You know why Strozroke or whatever his name is got fired? Because everything he touched is now legally tainted. I'll pay your next bar fine if anyone can make a cogent legal argument convincing me otherwise. 

Edited by Nyezhov

32 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Lets see...Kennedys trying to kill Castro, Bay of Pigs, Angleton opening mail, Hoover lying to Congress, Helms lying to Congress, NSA surviellance, lies to the Warren Commission, Nicaraugua, Midnight cash to Iran, secret servers..... Both parties have done it and in the old days, both parties stopped it.

Now we have Carter Page. Next we have...me?  Then You? Yet folks who object to big brother get smeared.

In this situation...you wanna get Trump? Then follow the rules enshrined in our constitution.

You know why Strozroke or whatever his name is got fired? Because everything he touched is now legally tainted. I'll pay your next bar fine if anyone can make a cogent legal argument convincing me otherwise. 

I wonder if you can appreciate the irony of saying the investigation is tainted because of Strzok's bias and then offering yourself to be the judge of arguments that you have already admitted you have a bias against.

That's quite an empty offer you've made.

11 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I wonder if you can appreciate the irony of saying the investigation is tainted because of Strzok's bias and then offering yourself to be the judge of arguments that you have already admitted you have a bias against.

That's quite an empty offer you've made.

Im sorry your response doesnt make sense to me. Let me try to rephrase it for you.

1. The Government has been proven time and time to act in ways inimical to law and/or the constitution.

2. One of the "rules" we have is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a criminal matter, and by a preponderance of the evidence in civil matters. Thats the burden of proof.

3. One of the elements that goes into a determination of whether or not a burden of proof has been met is the concept of bias and prejudice. In fact, that is probably the key element of evaluating the credibilty of witness that has otherwise been proven credible by his factual assertion.  Want an example...OJ.

4. While the jury of either a court proceeding or, to a lesser sense, the court of public opinion is supposed to be even keeled and not prejudiced, all of us serfs know that the government sucks and will go out of their way to <deleted> you or somebody else if they can. See above. 

5. With that in mind, you tell me how the Government would ever be able to use Stzock for anything anymore?

Would you want Strozk as a witness? If he told you President Combover wipes his butt with Obama printed toilet paper whilst catchin some skull from Omarosa, would you beleive him.

Me: Ordinary US citizen. Him: another, yes another, dozens over the last 50 years, Hoover, DeLoach, Sessions, FBI agent pissing on his oath of office and disregarding reasoned impartial justice. No wonder the guys in ATF and DEA cant stand them, and they got their own problems, wasnt their some Secret Gun operation smuggling guns into Mexico?

The three Biggest Lies in Human History: 

1. Your check is in the mail.

2. I wont come in your mouth

3. Im from the FBI and Im here to help you.

"The officer’s fundamental duties are to serve the community; safeguard lives and property; protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and respect the constitutional rights of all to liberty, equality, and justice." The code of ethics also says that officers must maintain the code in their private lives and recognize the badge they wear as "a symbol of public faith and trust."

I hope to see reasoned responses, other than Waaaaah Twump is a mean <deleted>.

I like that about Trump..rather than be complacent with staff. If he thinks he can find better for the country he will. 

I have always been impressed with the jfk speech. We choose to go to the moon not because it easy but because it is hard.

I believe anti Trump supporters are taking the easy way with protests and hate speech. 

They should do it the hard way. Canvas for the vote.  Make good policy.  Get good people to work on a  strong campaign towards the positive.

Killing the president is easy.

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Im sorry your response doesnt make sense to me. Let me try to rephrase it for you.

1. The Government has been proven time and time to act in ways inimical to law and/or the constitution.

2. One of the "rules" we have is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a criminal matter, and by a preponderance of the evidence in civil matters. Thats the burden of proof.

3. One of the elements that goes into a determination of whether or not a burden of proof has been met is the concept of bias and prejudice. In fact, that is probably the key element of evaluating the credibilty of witness that has otherwise been proven credible by his factual assertion.  Want an example...OJ.

4. While the jury of either a court proceeding or, to a lesser sense, the court of public opinion is supposed to be even keeled and not prejudiced, all of us serfs know that the government sucks and will go out of their way to <deleted> you or somebody else if they can. See above. 

5. With that in mind, you tell me how the Government would ever be able to use Stzock for anything anymore?

Would you want Strozk as a witness? If he told you President Combover wipes his butt with Obama printed toilet paper whilst catchin some skull from Omarosa, would you beleive him.

Me: Ordinary US citizen. Him: another, yes another, dozens over the last 50 years, Hoover, DeLoach, Sessions, FBI agent pissing on his oath of office and disregarding reasoned impartial justice. No wonder the guys in ATF and DEA cant stand them, and they got their own problems, wasnt their some Secret Gun operation smuggling guns into Mexico?

The three Biggest Lies in Human History: 

1. Your check is in the mail.

2. I wont come in your mouth

3. Im from the FBI and Im here to help you.

"The officer’s fundamental duties are to serve the community; safeguard lives and property; protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and respect the constitutional rights of all to liberty, equality, and justice." The code of ethics also says that officers must maintain the code in their private lives and recognize the badge they wear as "a symbol of public faith and trust."

I hope to see reasoned responses, other than Waaaaah Twump is a mean <deleted>.

So many words and yet somehow your keen legal mind managed not to note that the point I raised was about the irony of complaining on the one hand about bias but on the other being so blind to it in yourself as shown by your offer to be judge and jury about a counterargument to your.  So your response was entirely irrelevant. And your last sentence 

"I hope to see reasoned responses, other than Waaaaah Twump is a mean <deleted>."

was just blatant trolling.

Edited by bristolboy

It's about time! This man used fake information to try to criminally use the fake Trump-Russia connection. He criminally mishandled the Hillary email investigation, and he openly expressed in texts and emails that he would use his position and power to try to undermine political opposition. This is criminal.

MAGA Trump!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

It's about time! This man used fake information to try to criminally use the fake Trump-Russia connection. He criminally mishandled the Hillary email investigation, and he openly expressed in texts and emails that he would use his position and power to try to undermine political opposition. This is criminal.

MAGA Trump!

One falsehood after another. Got any evidence that he tried to criminally use the investigation? If he wanted to derail the Trump candidacy all he had to do was reveal that there was an ongoing investigation of Trump's campaign. Not a word leaked until after the elections.

And nowhere did he write that he would use his "position and power to try to undermine political opposition." Again, as pointed out above, if he wanted to accomplish that all he had to do was leak a report that the Trump campaign was being investigated. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So many words and yet somehow your keen legal mind managed not to note that the point I raised was about the irony of complaining on the one hand about bias but on the other being so blind to it in yourself as shown by your offer to be judge and jury about a counterargument to your.  So your response was entirely irrelevant. And your last sentence 

"I hope to see reasoned responses, other than Waaaaah Twump is a mean <deleted>."

was just blatant trolling.

Its a sad comment that thats the best you can do. O well, anyone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Within 4 months an additional special prosecutor will be appointed and these FBI fascists will be indicted. Bet a beer at Hillary 1 on it.

Im old enough to remember FBI abuses under Hoover. Im old enough to remember the CIA and FBI scandals of the 70s. Guys like Angleton....men who thought their positions made them a law unto themselves.

What is sad is that folks let their hatred of Prez Trump obscure the deep institutional problems in the alphabet agencies. I remember a time when the press did more than just cheerlead for their favourite political position, like when they ferreted out real abuses and exposed them no matter whose ox was gored...

I remember the scandals as well, the ability of those in positions of power in these "alphabet" organisations to abuse their positions is legendary, it would be nice if the pollies were not too corrupt to out these people but.....maybe in the next life?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Its a sad comment that thats the best you can do. O well, anyone?

I raised specific points about your reply. Whereas you just characterize what I wrote without anything substantive to back it up. God forbid that you should ever have been a lawyer given your notion of what a germane rebuttal is.

good news, ALL who criticised Trump MUST fired out ewery corporation in usa, ALL corporation must be obligation fired idiot workers out sametime if say somethink negative at Trump, trump has do more positive what all usa history has newer doing. economy has up,and many new better law and lot more work  in country have ALL better than all before history any precident has doing in country and citicens life better. only idiots criticed Trump .

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Many were exposed by pure luck. Had Nixon's men been better at it, no one would have found out about Watergate, or the tapes etc etc.

Seems the US "intelligence services" are pretty incompetent, especially when they can't even stop foreign interference in elections, despite all their computers and the billions spent on them. Apparently, a few hackers in a basement somewhere are better than them.

If I were an American taxpayer, I'd want to know why an investigation costing millions and lasting over a year, has not produced a single conviction for collusion with the Russians over the last election.

Meanwhile, back with the OP, IMO Strzok deserved to be sacked if only for the obvious contempt with which he regarded the congressional committee that questioned him.

If anyone's people were better at it, nothing would ever be found out. Something always triggers the legal mechanism which results in an investigation and trial. However, to be convicted one needs a preponderance of the evidence to show a crime. In Nixon's case, it was as much his own expectation that his people would do what he wanted no matter the legality of it, as it was any specific illegal activity--hmm, seems eerily familiar to Trump, doesn't  it. 

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Long overdue. Well done deputy director for doing what his boss should have done.

While Strzok obviously never considered that his texts would have been uncovered ( because he was convinced HRC would win ), he was so obviously biased against Trump, he should never have been on any investigation about Trump. That he did not recuse himself shows, IMO, bad judgement, and sacking is probably the least of his problems now.

Yup, Peter ,along with many other  so called higher up Career Professionals in the DOJ and FBI  will soon be setting up a Go Fund Me page after the on going extended investigation into the pre and post election .Bottom line he deserves to have his pension pulled!What a lying sack of excrement.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Now that's a good point! After all the Benghazi investigation took over 2.5 years with no fewer than 7 congressional committees investigating it and cost almost $8,000,000 and there was not a SINGLE INDICTMENT OR CONVICTION!

Because the investigation on Collusion with Russia has so far produced five indictments and one conviction in half the time for those who are keeping score. And we're just getting started! So you must be feeling vindicated that the waste of Benghazi has been finally stopped and we're getting some results from Mueller's probe.

6 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Now that's a good point! After all the Benghazi investigation took over 2.5 years with no fewer than 7 congressional committees investigating it and cost almost $8,000,000 and there was not a SINGLE INDICTMENT OR CONVICTION!

Because the investigation on Collusion with Russia has so far produced five indictments and one conviction in half the time for those who are keeping score. And we're just getting started! So you must be feeling vindicated that the waste of Benghazi has been finally stopped and we're getting some results from Mueller's probe.

5555 did you honestly expect the Obama justice department to indict their own folks?

And it's not hard to indict someone who can't be extradited.......

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

5555 did you honestly expect the Obama justice department to indict their own folks?

And it's not hard to indict someone who can't be extradited.......

Yes, yes I would. Because that's what happened under Nixon. And Clinton. And Trump. These are people in law enforcement. They have this tendency to do their jobs and enforce the law. If they had found something Obama had done, they'd have investigated and indicted him too.

Now compare that to justice in your country. The Magnitsky Affair tells you everything you need to know about corrupt countries and their justice systems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The FBI staff does not work for "trump". They work for the American people. This kind of sucking up to an American dictator is a symptom of "trump" style fascism taking power. All decent Americans are horrified by such developments. Yes, he was "voted" in. Authoritarian regimes usually are, at least initially. 

Yes, thats why I said better for the country and not better for Trump. 

Just now, stud858 said:

Yes, thats why I said better for the country and not better for Trump. 

Huh?

He was fired for partisan reasons to suck up to the "trump" diseased ego. That's not something that's supposed to happen in the USA. That's banana republic stuff. Horrifying and evil. 

24 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Yes, yes I would. Because that's what happened under Nixon. And Clinton. And Trump. These are people in law enforcement. They have this tendency to do their jobs and enforce the law. If they had found something Obama had done, they'd have investigated and indicted him too.

Now compare that to justice in your country. The Magnitsky Affair tells you everything you need to know about corrupt countries and their justice systems.

Your trust in the government is noted. Co-operate tovarish....and remember Pastor Niemoller.....

And what country am I from Tovarish?

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

Fired for using FBI IT for communicating with his G/F? The guy was previously admonished for this matter. Yet to see if it is published in FBI guidelines not to use their systems for personal texts, but surely not a dismissal offence. Firmly of the opinion Trump Admin is displaying usual vicious vindictiveness. With his constant public disputes with staff, trump is obviously incapable of running a government executive office, let alone the Presidency.

Here's your problem. You can't seem to separate the fact that while Trump may be a POS. others, even those in oppsition to Trump, may also be P's O S. Strzok is one such example.

• Thanks 1