Yellow House Book

I went to local  amphur in Pathum Thani few weeks ago to apply for my yellow book.

Lady in the amphur said I need my UK passport certified by the UK embassy, also translated into Thai and then certified at ministry of foreign affairs at chaengwattana.

Okay I done what the lady in the amphur asked.

I went back to the amphur in Pathum Thani this morning and was send upstairs with all my certified document's to see the chief.

The chief said that I also need a copy of my UK birth certificate certified by the UK embassy plus translated into Thai and then certified at ministry of foreign affairs at chaengwattana.

Also the chief wants a certificate from immigration of the retirement visa ??, I told her everything she needs is in my passport ie O visa stamp plus my retirement extension

stamps, she was having non of it.

The chief also ask me why I not married my fiancé...

Im in two mind to forget the all thing.

Just two questions I would like to ask here ....

1. Do UK embassy in Bangkok certified birth certificate's ?

2, What certificate of retirement extension do I need ?. 

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

OP the Amphur chief is just being an a++e, making up rules as they go along.

Passport translated, birth cert translated bu+++it.

When i went to the local Amphur for my yellow book, passport copies, wifes id copies, house blue book copies, fathers name , mothers name, ok thank you job done in 30 minutes came out with yellow book.

No mention of anything getting translated.

I know the chief was being asse... I had everything what was needed my fiancé ID card her blue book all document's

I just feel upset that I have nobody to report her to.... I could see by my fiancé  that I was getting shafted 

I had all the document's certified at ministry of foreign affairs,  so far this have cost me 2000B in fees 

I went to local  amphur in Pathum Thani few weeks ago to apply for my yellow book.

Lady in the amphur said I need my UK passport certified by the UK embassy, also translated into Thai and then certified at ministry of foreign affairs at chaengwattana.

I went back to the amphur in Pathum Thani this morning and was send upstairs with all my certified document's to see the chief.

The chief said that I also need a copy of my UK birth certificate certified by the UK embassy plus translated into Thai and then certified at ministry of foreign affairs at chaengwattana.

Also the chief wants a certificate from immigration of the retirement visa ??, I told her everything she needs is in my passport ie O visa stamp plus my retirement extension

I went through exactly the same thing here  in Lomsak. My birth certificate  translation was the most difficult to get one for them they thought looked legal enough. But got it. 

I had bought a Phantom at local dealer and they would not give me green book till I had yellow book. I quess they were booking me ha ha.I paid cash of course for the  phantom so wanted the green book.. It can all be done just a head ache to do it.

But yellow book has came in handy a few times so worth the effort.

I once went into Korat Amphur & didn't bother in the end 

It was as much trouble as the OP if not more

Woman showed me an someone elses file that had applied - it was 1/2 " an inch thick

But on the other hand I know people who got one with few documents / a couple of witnesses 50 km away

Edited by BEVUP

27 minutes ago, transam said:

Look up your area head man. Go have a chat with a bottle of grog...?

I didn't do any of the above paperwork crap..Took about 30 minutes with the head man talking..

That is fi the headman will help. 

Some will just say nothing they can do so sorry.

Just now, lovelomsak said:

That is fi the headman will help. 

Some will just say nothing they can do so sorry.

The headman has a register with the names of anyone living in his area. He put my name in the book, we went from there....?

The office told me to go and see my area headman for starters.

2 hours ago, dayo202 said:

Just two questions I would like to ask here ....

1. Do UK embassy in Bangkok certified birth certificate's ?

2, What certificate of retirement extension do I need ?. 

1. Yes and 2.  immigration letter confirming retirement, what's wrong you should be happy with the security, you could be a terrorist applying for a yellow house book.

Seriously usually easier to get if your officially married.

55 minutes ago, transam said:

The headman has a register with the names of anyone living in his area. He put my name in the book, we went from there....?

The office told me to go and see my area headman for starters.

Trans I do not doubt it went easy for you. That is not what i was talking about. 

Some headmen may not want to get envolved and some just will not do it  . Not every village is the same.

Similar situation for me at Amphur Bang Pa-in.
British Embassy for certified copy of passport then MFA for translation, while there my gf called the Amphur with some question, it was then they said needed certified translation of birth certificate also, luckily they accepted just a translation from MFA.

BUT, on returning to Amphur and presenting docs they then asked for a certified copy of my Decree Nisi/Absolute,
at this point I cut my losses and left !!

Haven’t got the yellow book but I’m still here a year later, so no biggie !!

Of course if they move the goalposts and the yellow book becomes advantageous to me then I will use the phone numbers ( from another thread on this topic) and take it further.

16 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I went to local  amphur in Pathum Thani few weeks ago to apply for my yellow book.

I went through exactly the same thing here  in Lomsak. My birth certificate  translation was the most difficult to get one for them they thought looked legal enough. But got it. 

I had bought a Phantom at local dealer and they would not give me green book till I had yellow book. I quess they were booking me ha ha.I paid cash of course for the  phantom so wanted the green book.. It can all be done just a head ache to do it.

But yellow book has came in handy a few times so worth the effort.

I have brought 3 motorbikes now, all paid for in cash, all the dealer was interested in was my passport and visa, I gave them the yellow book but she just gave it a passing glance, all the bike registration books are in my name .no problems.

One day Thailand will have a joined-up government, and everything will be done the same way, but not in my lifetime, for certain.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, kickstart said:

I have brought 3 motorbikes now, all paid for in cash, all the dealer was interested in was my passport and visa, I gave them the yellow book but she just gave it a passing glance, all the bike registration books are in my name .no problems.

One day Thailand will have a joined-up government, and everything will be done the same way, but not in my lifetime, for certain.

Same as you I have bought a few bikes here 3 waves and the phantom.

The first wave bought in Pitsanulok. No problem for green book only had passport and even had home address in Thailand wrong. 2 waves in Lomsak no problem again only passport. But the Phantom they gave me a problem who knows why.

Edited by lovelomsak

Just to put some balance into these hard luck stories

I went to the Pattaya City Hall (by mistake-at the time I had never heard of an Amphur))

Took with me my Condo Title Deed ,Passport and Blue Book issued by the developer

The lady there put my name into the Blue Book.

She explained that my name could not go on the main pages-as I was a foreigner

So she had it put on the inside of the book cover.

All over in 15 mins-no cost.

Maybe the OP could try it with the City Hall in his locale.

1 hour ago, Delight said:

I went to the Pattaya City Hall (by mistake-at the time I had never heard of an Amphur))

Took with me my Condo Title Deed ,Passport and Blue Book issued by the developer

The Op wants his name as a resident in a yellow book, not as house master in a blue book

1 hour ago, Delight said:

Do you have a yellow book...?

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Ok try and be clever but name in house/condo book it does have benefits.

Number 1 -Suggest that you improve your English

Number 2 Explain the benefits of the House book and any relative benefits Yellow over Blue -or vice versa

Edited by Delight
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Delight said:

Number 1 -Suggest that you improve your English

Number 2 Explain the benefits of the House book and any relative benefits Yellow over Blue -or vice versa

Ok mr grammer police,  just one recent example our local immigration wanted the yellow book this year for processing my 1 year extension. 

1 hour ago, transam said:

Well my 20bht yellow book has saved me a lot of hassle with getting proof of residence letters..

Yellow book good for renewing a driving licence too or is it license have to be careful ya know.

In our province the Thai ID No. they give you in yella book ? is put on our DL's not the passport No.

3 hours ago, HampiK said:

Not everybody is an native English speaking person. As I guess you are an British, can I ask how many foreign languages you speak 100% perfekt, or can you speak even a foreign language? 

I think it's not nice to complain about other language skills, especially as his English was easy to understand.

The man is English or at least British

Edited by Delight

4 minutes ago, Delight said:

The man is English

The question is.......... Everything you do is perfect?

We all make mistakes, i make many, just the same as you, so get off your high horse, enjoy being on the forum, and enjoy life.

• Like 2