Issues sending money out of Thailand. How to?

On 8/16/2018 at 2:13 PM, Pib said:

Can you expand on what docs and/or reasons for transfer you had to provide Bangkok Bank to justify the transfer....make them happy.

And do you have a work permit as having a work permit makes accomplishing outflow of funds much, much easier.

I did it all the time, same local branch but after much hassle. No work permit, and its my personal Bangkok Bank account. 

Ive done it on a permission to stay stamp, tourist visa, and Non-O. No work permit. 

Edited by UncleTouchyFingers

On 8/16/2018 at 2:51 PM, Pib said:

Do what checks specifically?

The main thing for me was proving that it was money that I had actually brought into Thailand. That was easy to prove since I was sending money out of the same account that I bring all my money into Thailand through. After almost 10 years of bringing in money through this account I can easily prove/justify that its all mine. 

But before that I was asked for all the regular stupid and unnecessary stuff. Work permit (don't need one) Non-O visa (don't need one) my Thailand employer salary paperwork (not employed in Thailand and not needed). Like I said in my other post, it took me going into the branch and talking to the manager with PROOF from BKK bank websites and the local manager calling BKK Bank head office with me sitting there to see if it can be done. It was a galactic hassle, but once I got through the BS I can do it any time now. 

But luckily Ive gotten most of my funds & equity out of this country already so I shouldn't ever have to go through all this again. 

I just drip feed my accounts nowadays. Thailand is way too unfriendly & unsafe to hold any real amount of money. 

On 8/19/2018 at 6:18 PM, Scottjouro said:

As the UK have KYC polices in place which you have complied with...rest assured transfer a signifcant amount of cash as an indivdual even in the UK and the bank will want to know what your doing 

The reason for the transfer is always given on the transfer request, and that's "what I'm doing". My point was that in the UK (and many other countries) you can export your own money without having to ask for permission, unlike here.

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The reason for the transfer is always given on the transfer request, and that's "what I'm doing". My point was that in the UK (and many other countries) you can export your own money without having to ask for permission, unlike here.

But also the UK doesnt have exchange controls in place like Thailand has due to the 1997 crash, hence the reason for "permission" which its not anyway

if the UK economy ever came close to crashing in same manner Thailand nearly did.... rest assured those in their ivory towers in Westminister will do exactly the same to stop the uncontrolled outflow of money 

Understand the reasons and it makes sense...