When is Terminal 21 scheduled for opening ?

thairookie

19 hours ago, whitemouse said:

Many of us have lived in big cities, where opening of another mall means nothing. 

In small town like Pattaya it is a big deal, it brings another option to spend an afternoon in Western style enviroment, gives another good reason to leave the house. In a small town we don't have that many choices, so it is somewhat big deal. 

Sorry ,but if the opening of a shopping mall is a big deal in someones life , then i am glad its not "my life"

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/22/2018 at 8:16 PM, DD13 said:

Nice "pics"........

When T21 is finished, landscaped and open.....I plan to also take some pics to send to my sceptical contacts/pals back in England, who accuse me of living in third world Thailand......

As far as Pattayas' historical image is concerned...... The weekenders from Bkk now appear to be denting that.....thank goodness

Is there something wrong about living in a Third World Country? To me that means there ares till some charms that have not been monetized. Please don't blizzard me with bad things you experience. Relax and seek out the old world charms and attitudes. Some are still there. It's up to you to choose how to experience Thailand. The expats that experience Thailand by bending their arm all day may be living their dream but it has little to do with Thailand.

1 hour ago, lapd said:

Not sure but maybe even both are 24 hours.  So that is nothing to get excited about. 

You are a good laugh in the morning. 

Anyway , for me its big news since I live in the area,  I save a lot of time and can buy groceries around the clock , it takes me 10 minutes to get to T21 by walking. If their restaurant is open 24/7 it's even better.

16 minutes ago, balo said:

You are a good laugh in the morning. 

Anyway , for me its big news since I live in the area,  I save a lot of time and can buy groceries around the clock , it takes me 10 minutes to get to T21 by walking. If their restaurant is open 24/7 it's even better.

The Foodland at Royal Garden is a mini-sized one. I would guess the one at T21 will be a full sized one. Does anyone know? I found that there were items that I wanted to buy at Royal that they have at Klang but because of the mini-size, they didn't have. 

54 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Is there something wrong about living in a Third World Country? To me that means there ares till some charms that have not been monetized. Please don't blizzard me with bad things you experience. Relax and seek out the old world charms and attitudes. Some are still there. It's up to you to choose how to experience Thailand. The expats that experience Thailand by bending their arm all day may be living their dream but it has little to do with Thailand.

The phrase third world country is totally passe. But I get your point. Some of us are here for the traditional culture. Others are not. So bloody what?!?

22 hours ago, whitemouse said:

Many of us have lived in big cities, where opening of another mall means nothing. 

In small town like Pattaya it is a big deal, it brings another option to spend an afternoon in Western style enviroment, gives another good reason to leave the house. In a small town we don't have that many choices, so it is somewhat big deal. 

21 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I'd take those two over a mall any day. Especially if Walmart had a hardware section.

So far the best addition by far to the Pattaya mall scene has been the Harbor Mall and that's because of the Mr. DIY there. Just about the only place I've found lithium grease spray here (besides Lazada, with I hope willeventually do the same to the malls as Amazon did in the west).

Lithium Grease Spray! Amazing Thailand!

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Sorry ,but if the opening of a shopping mall is a big deal in someones life , then i am glad its not "my life"

Then what is?  Sitting in bars all day every day?  Do you even live here or just come on a bender and sex vacation once a year?

4 hours ago, lapd said:

There is already a 24 hour Foodland in Pattaya.  Not sure but maybe even both are 24 hours.  So that is nothing to get excited about.  The fact it's just another Foodland instead of the unique whole foods type grocery store like they have in Bkk is one of the major disappointments about this mall.

T21 is probably same as Royal, a small selection. The one on Klang is the one where you can find more rare farang foodstuffs.

Anybody counted how many are moving from Royal? Beerfest was in Avenue so they're coming from there.

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

T21 is probably same as Royal, a small selection. The one on Klang is the one where you can find more rare farang foodstuffs.

Anybody counted how many are moving from Royal? Beerfest was in Avenue so they're coming from there.

I would be surprised if the Foodland at T21 is going to be a mini sized one.

The one at Royal was added to a very old mall in the freakin' garage.

With T21, their tenancy would have been planned at the construction phase.

T21 will be a much larger, much more major mall and a full sized grocery store would be the right fit there. But we'll see, eh?

Checking prices in the future at the Centrepoint Hotel the least expensive room is about 4500 b plus 17 %.

It does include breakfast. ????

Looks extremely nice and will I bet will be the most exclusive hotel in the city.

On the roof of T21 there is a spectacular water park.  Plus there is a bar and restaurant up there looks like a nice spot for a drink and evening view.  I am not sure the water park is for the hotel guests only or for public use for a fee.  Looks like a great place for families with kids.

2 hours ago, lapd said:

Then what is?  Sitting in bars all day every day?  Do you even live here or just come on a bender and sex vacation once a year?

Speaking of benders, I wonder if the grand opening will be crowded, maybe Ill go. 

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Checking prices in the future at the Centrepoint Hotel the least expensive room is about 4500 b plus 17 %.

It does include breakfast. ????

Looks extremely nice and will I bet will be the most exclusive hotel in the city.

On the roof of T21 there is a spectacular water park.  Plus there is a bar and restaurant up there looks like a nice spot for a drink and evening view.  I am not sure the water park is for the hotel guests only or for public use for a fee.  Looks like a great place for families with kids.

You sound like you are reading off a promotion brochure or something.  Only 4500baht?  What a deal!

As someone else mentioned, apparently you are not aware of the other "exclusive" hotels in town.  So not necessarily the most exclusive.  Just the newest shiny object.  I would have to see the water park to know what that is all about.  It looks like a pretty big area up there.

8 hours ago, lapd said:

I live in Pattaya and travel around the area visiting places of interest, temples, gardens, Monuments etc  I travel round Thailand also. I do go to bars and indulge in P4P in Pattaya. The day I anticipate a mall opening with excitement is the day I curl up and die. Its borderline autistic. 

1 hour ago, The manic said:

I live in Pattaya and travel around the area visiting places of interest, temples, gardens, Monuments etc  I travel round Thailand also. I do go to bars and indulge in P4P in Pattaya. The day I anticipate a mall opening with excitement is the day I curl up and die. Its borderline autistic. 

????  Yea that's exactly what long term residents do.   They spend their days going to temples and monuments.  Yup you betcha ???? .

Can't you come up with better bullshit than that?  Did you seriously think anyone was going to buy that?:burp:

17 hours ago, The manic said:

Exactly, "excitement" it is not, but neither is logged  on to Thai visa every day defending any negative threads.

On 10/8/2018 at 11:20 AM, Jingthing said:

The phrase third world country is totally passe. But I get your point. Some of us are here for the traditional culture. Others are not. So bloody what?!?

I like your posts. My lips are seals. Or something like that.

5 hours ago, balo said:

Only 7 days left now guys. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8rGHx7BgNkwBBxtevKm7

I better bing on a bunch of temple and monument visits before then so I can miss a day to go to the opening.  Because that's what we all do around here all day every day is go to temples and monuments.:cheesy:

On 10/10/2018 at 6:36 AM, balo said:

Actually they changed their opening date to Friday the 19th .

So get ready for the weekend rush . 

Great, now I have two extra days to squeeze more temple and monument and water park visits.  

They have the planes lit up now. The interior light changes between 3 or 4 different colors in both planes at the same time..lol.  You can get a pretty good look inside at night with all the lights on.  Looks pretty tacky and gimicky if you ask me.  They really went all out to make it look like an airport terminal with each floor a different city theme.  Paris, San Francisco etc.  It's like a theme park or something.  I guess the chinese tourists will eat it up and people who think Ripleys Believe it or Not is totally awesome.  It may be mildly interesting the first time you go but after that it's just another mall.

Archived