When is Terminal 21 scheduled for opening ?

thairookie

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My suggestion is for awhile to take a motorbike or MB taxi.

Parking of cars looked horrendous.

And for now, Pattaya Nua was backed up for a long long ways.

The dolphin circle virtually at a stand still.

Again, this is the first day so I am sure it will get better but I bet not good at peak times/days.

41 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

800 seats in the food court people are waiting to find a seat. Everything 25 to 45 baht....

1539927727626-1631960706.jpg

"Everything 25 to 45 baht..."  and the pic in your post shows... 55 baht :tongue:

28 B for 1 course + rice

34 B for 2 courses + rice

It's only 3-4 B more than my local Thai street restaurant ! Really cheap.

3 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

"Everything 25 to 45 baht..."  and the pic in your post shows... 55 baht :tongue:

28 B for 1 course + rice

34 B for 2 courses + rice

It's only 3-4 B more than my local Thai street restaurant ! Really cheap.

Gee so sorry.

Yes there are some things higher priced.

Mostly 25 to 45 b. 

But, If you cannot afford the place then go eat your street food

39 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Great to see the food park has the same pricing as T21 in Bangkok.  I'll wait a few days before I go.  Not a fan of crowds.

At those prices, I reckon the place will be rammed for a week and the weekend queues pretty bad for at least a month. Better chance of faster service mid-week, next week maybe?

11 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Here we go.

All the naysayers and attackers.   hahaha.

Yes, I prefer to stay at the Bellagio or Wynn.  They are classy.

Sad for you if you have no clue about that....

In your rush to get to T21 for the opening, you left your sense of humor on the mantelpiece alongside your sarcasm detector.

Classy is Belmond Governor's in Rangoon or Peninsula in Hong Kong or Mia Resort in Nha Trang.

Vegas is what it is and the original Flamingo was arguably the last classy place in Vegas. The rest is so much overblown tat and chintz for the average wide-eyed, oooh-aaahh Walmart shopper on their weekend away.

But it is loads of fun and I hope you eventually found a seat at the T21 trough. Thanks for checking it out.

8 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It's what, 5baht cheaper? Some people place no value on their lebensraum..

'Some people' are the overwhelming preponderance of locals who actually drive the city and nations economy. The 'estrangeiro' haven't had a dog in this fight for a long time. Well, not unless their Chinese.

45 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

He's winding you up. He's really not interested.

Yes I am. I go to T21 in Bangkok sometimes and as I live here anything similar that happens here is of some interest to me. The food court and restaurants of course are of much more interest to me than the shops, but each to his own.

I certainly wont be rushing down to mingle with the hordes for the next week or two though.

38 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

At those prices, I reckon the place will be rammed for a week and the weekend queues pretty bad for at least a month. Better chance of faster service mid-week, next week maybe?

I can't see it ever being quiet at those prices, any time of the week... as it is in BKK. Cheap prices, but it's a shit fight to get vouchers and find a seat... and then a big queue again to get your change. A good idea for regular food court diners would be to put a big balance on a card as the credit is valid for 30 days.

12 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Yes I am. I go to T21 in Bangkok sometimes and as I live here anything similar that happens here is of some interest to me. The food court and restaurants of course are of much more interest to me than the shops, but each to his own.

I certainly wont be rushing down to mingle with the hordes for the next week or two though.

Just a wind up.

I endured several lunch breaks at T21 in Bangkok when I was working across the street. Never quite clicked with me but I am not a Thai mall guy after too many years in the US where malls were invented. There you ALL parked at ground-level. I could easily spend an hour or so lurking in their cool and open spaces.

Ditto on the crowds though.

10 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I was at the Royal Garden earlier. No traffic there.

Proof of the existence of the current T21 traffic 'black hole'... but it's still only Friday. If I was visiting in the near term, I would park up at RGP (or Central) and ride a baht bus to T21. Not in too much of a hurry to discover the tricks of parking at a new mall along with 1000's of others either.

Wife visited today, showed some photos. Didn't look like billions of people were cramming in, more like a couple of thou. Maybe the hordes from BKK are still on their way, the bait has been placed. Good news on 2nd not being blocked. Living in hope Nua and Naklua road are the main attack routes and the beautiful south is left to the better people.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Wife visited today, showed some photos. Didn't look like billions of people were cramming in, more like a couple of thou. Maybe the hordes from BKK are still on their way, the bait has been placed. Good news on 2nd not being blocked. Living in hope Nua and Naklua road are the main attack routes and the beautiful south is left to the better people.

I can imagine the exit from H7 @ Sukhumvit will be a total fustercluck with all 6 lanes (2 officially) trying to beat the light and go right-left onto Nua. It was cack about 2 weeks ago when I got there on a regular Saturday arvo wanting to go south.. wished I had taken the railroad bypass instead.

Archived