When is Terminal 21 scheduled for opening ?

thairookie

1 hour ago, LALes said:

No one in their right mind would put a mall in Jomtien.  Its a high season place only.  Not enough traffic the rest of the year to warrant even a McDonalds.

Don't know if you were just being flippant, but now that you mention it I do not think there is a McDonald's in Jomtien. At least not that I have seen.

?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All i know is at weekend the traffic coming to Pattaya will be twice as bad as it is now. It will just be jammed with tourists and out of towners ,just like Central walking around and buying f all. As for Harbour Mall i am sure that the supermarket will soon close just as the one in Leam Chabang did,we were there the other day and it had no more than half a dozen shoppers in it.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I guess it's location is ok for Naklua based folks but that's all. The area already has the harbour shopping area , the old big c, the supermarket near Dolphin Roundabout.  I don't really get malls full of expensive, designer outlets. Rarely see much busines going on. Such developments are more about bent planning permission and money laundering. The collateral damage is The small local businesses.  As with the avenue and Central a decent people's street markets will hopefully arise around it on the streets of a more colourful less conformist character.

20 hours ago, ross163103 said:

This could be the death knell for Royal Garden--the original mall in Pattaya,. They've gone downhill ever since Central opened.  

Royal is fully rented. Stores upscaling. Have you actually gone there? New supermarket with restaurant. Food court pricier too. Great view though.

T21 BKK shocked me with their inexpensive food court. MBK food court prices have gone up.

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Royal is fully rented. Stores upscaling. Have you actually gone there? New supermarket with restaurant. Food court pricier too. Great view though.

T21 BKK shocked me with their inexpensive food court. MBK food court prices have gone up.

Pattaya T21 food court 800 seats same prices as Bkk.  It will be the most popular spot in town just wait.

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

It's not as crowded as Central which is nice.   T21 will be the new shiny object for awhile which should make Central a more pleasant, less crowded experience.   I am hoping it moves that constant traffic jam on 2nd road away from Central further up to Pattaya Nua.

43 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Pattaya T21 food court 800 seats same prices as Bkk.  It will be the most popular spot in town just wait.

How do you know?  I don't think the one in Korat is like that.  No reason to think Pattaya will be like the one in Bkk either.

2 minutes ago, lapd said:

How do you know?  Rumor has it that the one in Korat is not like that.

How do I know what?

T 21 in Pattaya food court is 800 seats. Probably 4 times Central.

The plates are 35 to 45 b some less.

It will be packed all day I guarantee it.

Korat is not a major tourist destination.

Anything else or any more rumors??

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

How do I know what?

The Chinese will love it

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

How do I know what?

You cannot get stuff at food carts for 35baht unless it's just rice or noodles so you must think people are stupid. 

The Korat food court is not priced like the Bkk food court.  So once again, what makes you think the Pattaya one is going to be like the Bkk one?  As I understand it, that was a special deal they made in Bkk in order to get the land to build the mall.  The food vendors do not have to pay rent there.  They did not do that in Korat and there is no reason to think they will do that in Pattaya.

Not sure what the amount of seating has to do with it but you seem to think it's important for some reason.

22 minutes ago, lapd said:

You cannot get stuff at food carts for 35baht unless it's just rice or noodles so you must think people are stupid. 

The Korat food court is not priced like the Bkk food court.  So once again, what makes you think the Pattaya one is going to be like the Bkk one?  As I understand it, that was a special deal they made in Bkk in order to get the land to build the mall.  The food vendors do not have to pay rent there.  They did not do that in Korat and there is no reason to think they will do that in Pattaya.

Not sure what the amount of seating has to do with it but you seem to think it's important for some reason.

What makes me think it will be the same?

Because, I went into the office at T21 Pattaya and asked them several questions including that one.

Also, you should stop believing in rumors and do some research.  You obviously have never been to T21 BKK there are many dishes at BKK T21 food court for 35 b or less. Pattaya will be the same.  

But, hey, come to Pattaya one day in a few months and check it out.  Come back here and let us know what you think.

Thanks so much.

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

How do I know what?

8 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

The Chinese will love it

Absolutely it will be packed with chinese....as for me located near the fire station off 3rd road there are plenty of cheap and good eating places nearby without trekking to T21   :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Maybe we turn the question around When will T21 Pattaya mall be closed?

LOL> I'm sure they'll be plenty of threads starting later this year about its demise. Central was going to collapse (physically) in February 2009, a month after it opened. If that didn't kill it, all the empty shops and general lack of customers would have.

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> I'm sure they'll be plenty of threads starting later this year about its demise. Central was going to collapse (physically) in February 2009, a month after it opened. If that didn't kill it, all the empty shops and general lack of customers would have.

Okey your right that thread should only come after their opening first.?

Just now, Destiny1990 said:

Okey your right that thread should only come after their opening first.?

Thank you! I would like to have a good look around it before it collapses. Lots of people have already been going on about how Pattaya can't accommodate a second big mall, so it's going to be interesting. 

14 hours ago, The manic said:

I guess it's location is ok for Naklua based folks but that's all. The area already has the harbour shopping area , the old big c, the supermarket near Dolphin Roundabout.  I don't really get malls full of expensive, designer outlets. Rarely see much busines going on. Such developments are more about bent planning permission and money laundering. The collateral damage is The small local businesses.  As with the avenue and Central a decent people's street markets will hopefully arise around it on the streets of a more colourful less conformist character.

You really think that all those tour buses are going to come out of the "gems" and drive straight past.

On 8/19/2018 at 12:19 AM, The manic said:

You don't get it because you don't understand it. Most of those shops you're calling "expensive designer outlets" have cult followings in Thailand, and they are middle range outlets. eg. Zara, H&M, Top Shop, CPS, Mango, Playboy, Guess, Esprit, Victoria Secret, CC Double O, Aldo, Charles & Keith, Lyn, Levis and many many more. What about Under Armour, Nike, Adidas, Puma... all busy. You probably don't spend much time in them, but I do...Face Shop, Body Shop... all of them lol... and then you suggest it's about money laundering... You're probably comparing the prices with the markets and freaking out.

If you're looking for expensive places, try Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and many others at Paragon. That's expensive. Don't get the two confused. I saw a dress in Chanel for 300k. You may be surprised that the Louis Vuitton store, where the cheapest bags are around 30k has a queue to get inside. You have to wait for your turn to get in as they don't want it too busy inside LOL. You'll have coffee or tea served while they're running your credit card through. Jimmy Choo - average bottom end shoes around 20k and price tags hard to find.

The point is, there's plenty of people with money to spend in Thailand. The "expensive" shops at T21 in Pattaya will only be at the middle range and they will do well. 

1 hour ago, tropo said:

You don't get it because you don't understand it. Most of those shops you're calling "expensive designer outlets" have cult followings in Thailand, and they are middle range outlets. eg. Zara, H&M, Top Shop, CPS, Mango, Playboy, Guess, Esprit, Victoria Secret, CC Double O, Aldo, Charles & Keith, Lyn, Levis and many many more. What about Under Armour, Nike, Adidas, Puma... all busy. You probably don't spend much time in them, but I do...Face Shop, Body Shop... all of them lol... and then you suggest it's about money laundering... You're probably comparing the prices with the markets and freaking out.

If you're looking for expensive places, try Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and many others at Paragon. That's expensive. Don't get the two confused. I saw a dress in Chanel for 300k. You may be surprised that the Louis Vuitton store, where the cheapest bags are around 30k has a queue to get inside. You have to wait for your turn to get in as they don't want it too busy inside LOL. You'll have coffee or tea served while they're running your credit card through. Jimmy Choo - average bottom end shoes around 20k and price tags hard to find.

The point is, there's plenty of people with money to spend in Thailand. The "expensive" shops at T21 in Pattaya will only be at the middle range and they will do well. 

I am not freaking out. But I am aware of the income levels in Thailand and find the malls vulgar and materialistic servicing shallow but wealthy people who need to define themselves via labels, the ultimate in insecurity and lack of confidence and creativity. A cult following is by definition a minority but I would be happy if most of these outlets were busy. I have been to all the malls you mentioned as they are useful for toilets, food halls and ogling tackle. However, most of the shops seem empty and no I have never seen queues  or even full shops for these designer outlets except during times of serious reductions such as the Karl Lagerfield sale in Central a couple of months ago..But usually the shops are dead. When I see them I feel sorry for the assistants and I feel depressed. Really sad for the Thai staff stuck in a low paid, wage slave job living on the edge of opulence that never really  makes it. I hope these malls work. I use their food courts and toilets but wonder sometimes about their actual customer base. Deep down it all seems so shallow to me and so tacky and conformist. I used to stay in Pattaya when they were building the Avenue. It never seemed to take off. The harbour mall seems quiet to me. I go there for the GKN only but I look round the place. I hope Area 21 gets a peoples market going faster right from the start than the Avenue. The history of mall developments in the USA is unwanted, unessecary projects, pushed through with dodgy Planning permission, mafia money laundering, local government corruption, kickbacks, secret subsidies ,the destruction of communities and small businesses and the eventual desertion of whole empty shells of unused buildings...till the next one gets approved. They might well be a necessary evil but I'm still staggered that people anticipate their completion with pleasure and actually think of them in positive terms.

23 hours ago, lapd said:

Yo! His prices are correct. Som tam's price has been increased, now 32thb. Crispy pork plate or roasted pork plate in that ball park. I think 35thb. As are the soups. Have you been there? One reason the amount of seating is important is that they deal in volume. If you have 5 customers and need to make 5000thb , it is different than

On 8/19/2018 at 9:43 AM, lapd said:

if you have 800 customers and need to make 5000thb. Please, these numbers are for illustration only. Don't bother to dissect them.

On 8/19/2018 at 9:48 AM, lapd said:

How do you know?  I don't think the one in Korat is like that.  No reason to think Pattaya will be like the one in Bkk either.

You said "I don't think" and "rumor has it". You don't know, yet you are confident it will not be the same as in BKK? Yet in my first quote (above) you now said "The Korat food court is not priced like the BKK food court". So now, as you are arguing, you have become certain????

Let's hope the pricing is the same. No reason to assume it will be different.

Maybe it will appeal to the Chinese but at least they won't be able to grab as much food as they want. I am thinking of the video with the shrimp that was spread around.

On 8/19/2018 at 9:43 AM, lapd said:

It's not as crowded as Central which is nice.   T21 will be the new shiny object for awhile which should make Central a more pleasant, less crowded experience.   I am hoping it moves that constant traffic jam on 2nd road away from Central further up to Pattaya Nua.

I agree!!!

4 hours ago, gaff said:

I wonder what people keep buying in malls ? I never feel the need to go to any of them. Even for food, so boring to park.

I guess people can sit in their apartments and make their own coffee, cook their own food, and watch movies on the internet.

Many like to get out a few days a week to do these activities in a mall.

Do some people watching and get some exercise.

Try it, it is not a terrible thing.

On 8/18/2018 at 5:49 PM, LALes said:

No one in their right mind would put a mall in Jomtien.  Its a high season place only.  Not enough traffic the rest of the year to warrant even a McDonalds.

I think you are wrong there. Many retired people (like me) choose to live in Jomtien because they prefer to keep the "nightlife" that Pattaya offers at arm's distance.

Archived