How to deodorize your ride?

Crossy

As well as the vinegar, you could also try to sprinkle baking soda over the cloth seats and carpets, leave it for one hour or so, then thoroughly vacuum it all up, this should remove any smells that may be in the fabrics.

Or just open a box and leave it in the console...

I keep a plastic Tupperware container full of lump charcoal under the seat. The charcoal is said to absorb odors. If you’ve ever checked into a Thai hotel, you’ll “sometimes” see small containers of charcoal in the room..... absorbing odors.

I also use a “Gelair” pac in my car (Volvo V40) Air-Con system.

I also use it in my home Air-Con system. Have a look at the link below.

Chock Diiiiiii......

https://eastmarineasia.com/collections/gelair

39 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Still get a stale smell from the a/c of my fairly new car and that's after having the filter changed and using an Auto Air Con Cleaner from STP.

Do you use recirculating air a lot...?

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Yes

Then that is your problem. You get moisture build up and it turns into bacteria that can smell.

You should only need it to cool the interior down quick or if you are driving in a stinky area or outside car fumes are smelly evident...Listen to the guy talking in the vid post #31..

Then that is your problem. You get moisture build up and it turns into bacteria that can smell.

You should only need it to cool the interior down quick or if you are driving in a stinky area or outside car fumes are smelly evident...Listen to the guy talking in the vid post #31..

How does moisture build up with the vent closed and the AC on?

By the time you figure out you’re in a stinky area it’s too late...

Also, the lizards get in through the vent...

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Thanks for that but i must admit i thought that there was more benefit's to having the re-circulation on rather than off !

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

How does moisture build up with the vent closed and the AC on?

By the time you figure out you’re in a stinky area it’s too late...

Also, the lizards get in through the vent...

When it's on recirculating your body sweat is sent through the system. If you don't shower you end up stinking, same thing. Go into a house that has been empty, locked up that has a little dampness, it stinks...

Every ride has different air intakes. My Vigo is 11 years old, never been re-gassed, I only use recirculating air if stuck in traffic or I smell something from outside, it has no smells but has tiny air intake holes that an ant could get through, nothing else...

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Thanks for that but i must admit i thought that there was more benefit's to having the re-circulation on rather than off !

No, in fact it is bad for you as you can get CO2 buildup..

2 minutes ago, transam said:

When it's on recirculating your body sweat is sent through the system. If you don't shower you end up stinking, same thing. Go into a house that has been empty, locked up that has a little dampness, it stinks...

Every ride has different air intakes. My Vigo is 11 years old, never been re-gassed, I only use recirculating air if stuck in traffic or I smell something from outside, it has no smells but has tiny air intake holes that an ant could get through, nothing else...

That's obviously where i have been going wrong  ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jvs said:

The problem seems to be fixed now.

We have to leave the "hood" open on our cars due to rats like to make their home there, its a pain but far cheaper than feeding them, last bill was ~14,000 Baht, we live in the sticks guess some of the rats are upwardly mobile and like the luxury of a nice dry car!

22 hours ago, Crossy said:

So, whilst there's not actually a horrible smell there's still a background pong.

Is there not a cleaning place close by that has a ozone generator, if that doesn't remove the odor nothing will! ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thian said:

You wrote you make more than 100$ an hour, why not buy a new car?? 

We did, daily driver is an Isuzu Mu-X.

The Ranger is the "go and get building and garden stuff" car, Madam decreed that we were keeping it when I suggested a new ride.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

We did, daily driver is an Isuzu Mu-X.

The Ranger is the "go and get building and garden stuff" car, Madam decreed that we were keeping it when I suggested a new ride.

We have old washed Pepsi tins..?

3 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

When he does should find the dead mickey right there?

It was several dead baby Rolands (see the thread linked in post #1).

Ranger has no filter.

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

When he does should find the dead mickey right there?

Sorry I was joking a bit. Also, that is why I don't want cloth any longer car or furniture which collect nothing but dust no matter how clean you keep the house.

I suggest getting a few cans of foam upholsteries cleaner and spray the inside of the car including the headliner and then wipe it down for the seats I use a small light brush with elbow grease applied. Then for good measure get a can of your favorite air freshener and empty the can all over the interior pretty much soaking the seats etc..  roll down the windows to dry 24 hours later it should be as if you were in a flower field.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

The stink permeates everything, using a cleaner on the surface will do little or nothing.

And if a cleaner doesn't work?  What is your suggestion?

When you soil yourself or clothes what do you do? 

I suggested a cleaner, short of ripping out the interior and redoing it from ceiling to floor what is cheaper?

Form the seat get a small brush, a clean towel and a small bucket of water and srub then take a white towel soaked in a bucket of water and started to wipe down the clothes seat then look at the white cloth? 

That is my suggestion what is yours?

I suggested a cleaner, short of ripping out the interior and redoing it from ceiling to floor what is cheaper?
Form the seat get a small brush, a clean towel and a small bucket of water and srub then take a white towel soaked in a bucket of water and started to wipe down the clothes seat then look at the white cloth? 

I made several, why not read the thread?

I haven’t soiled myself in a good while...

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Then for good measure get a can of your favorite air freshener and empty the can all over the interior pretty much soaking the seats etc..  roll down the windows to dry 24 hours later it should be as if you were in a flower field.?

Great idea - fill your car with toxins ... 555
A plug-in air freshener contained more than 20 different volatile organic compounds, with more than one-third classified as toxic or hazardous under federal laws. Even air fresheners called "organic," "green," or with "essential oils" emitted hazardous chemicals, including carcinogens.

Next time, try the ultrasonic rat repellers that can be fixed in the engine compartment. Had one for the martens in Europe, very efficient since inatalled. Surely, the one's for the rats should work, but just do proper researcjh to find a model that has been duly tested say by some Automobile Club Association or similar.