Tourist Visa Exempt Question

Hi!

I write to you to ask for an advice. I am Italian and I am visiting friends here in Thailand as a tourist. I entered into Thailand by Swanpy the 4th of August under VEE and I will leave the 30th of August. During this month I have done one travel to Cambodia by air and I have come back under VEE in Swampy too. My friends want to visit Laos by air too during my last days in Thailand. Could I go with them and reentering under VEE in DMK for a 3rd time in this month and returning back home? I never thought about having Tourist Visa because all my visits are under 30 days. Even the Thai Embassy in Italy told me that I am going to get denied a tourist visa because my visit is under 30 days. Some visa agents I have asked about this topic have told me that VEE are limited if using them very often, but I have read in this forum that you are questioned if you have 6 VEE since 2015.

Thanks in advance

Edited by gaakb

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should have not problem getting a 3rd visa exempt entry since you are doing what a tourist would do.

Only if you appear to be extending your stay here by dong them is there a problem.

Thank you for the reply, Joe. So much confusing information about this topic in Internet. By the way is really true that they are counting the VEE since 2015?

Edited by gaakb

25 minutes ago, gaakb said:

Thank you for the reply, Joe. So much confusing information about this topic in Internet. By the way is really true that they are counting the VEE since 2015?

It is confusing because everything posted is about people having problems because the were trying to live here on them.

The officer gets an alert when a total of 6 is reached. It is only to inform the officer to check a person's history of entries.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It is confusing because everything posted is about people having problems because the were trying to live here on them.

The officer gets an alert when a total of 6 is reached. It is only to inform the officer to check a person's history of entries.

Moreover, the rules are so so confusing...

12 hours ago, gaakb said:

I have read in this forum that you are questioned if you have 6 VEE since 2015.

That triggers an alert, which can get a supervisor involved.  The key is whether you have ever stayed in Thailand "longer-term" in the past.  If you have only ever made short and infrequent visits, it's very unlikely you would be denied entry.  

If you don't have a longer-stay history, just be sure to have your air-ticket-out proof printed, plus 20K Baht worth of cash to show.

• 11 months later...

So what happens if you do have a longer stay history?  I have a METV I extended to 9 months when I first came to Thailand.  Then I got a Non-O retirement extension that I’ve been here on for the last year.  

It expires Next month and I was planning on replacing it with a ED Visa but The approval letter from Ministry of Education may not arrive in time.  

So, if letter doesn’t arrive in time,  I am considering flying to Kuala Lumpur before my present visa expires and turning around to re-enter Thailand with Visa Exempt stamp so I have time to receive letter from Ministry of Education, and can then travel to Vientiane to apply for ED Visa.

Can I expect this to go smoothly? 

Edited by WaveHunter