First 90 Day Report today - I am confused??

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You could easily be correct but there is nothing on that page when it is translated that has the wording you quoted 

The Thai version is not complete or equal with the English version you get by clicking Eng at the top of the page.

image.png.b2358abd1606fc14785c265b87ca0fc2.png

image.png.7fc9bc8bf81132e35695e8c44a2388f7.png

39 minutes ago, overherebc said:
1 hour ago, TerryLH said:

Does that include an O-A or Elite visa?

2nd year of OA yes, and if you live in BKK Elite do it all for you anyway.

But then again the point was an O visa not OA or Elite.

If you enter at anytime using a non 'O-A' visa you need to report your address if staying longer than 90 days. That applies to any entry whether it's the first year, second year or any subsequent extension of stay.

Thai Elite only make the 90 day report for you if you ask them and deliver the passport to their office.

4 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You said; "if you're doing 90 day reports it's an extension of stay, not a visa."

No I'm not. I am referring to anyone that has permission to stay longer than 90 days. Example; someone entering with a 'O-A' visa needs to make 90 day reports if they stay longer than 90 days. They are clearly doing 90 day reports and do not have an extension of stay.

Fine, but, you should also mention the finer points that for the second year it's no longer a visa and will require a re-entry permit if you leave Thailand and return during that second year or the extension has gone.

4 minutes ago, elviajero said:

If you enter at anytime using a non 'O-A' visa you need to report your address if staying longer than 90 days. That applies to any entry whether it's the first year, second year or any subsequent extension of stay.

Thai Elite only make the 90 day report for you if you ask them and deliver the passport to their office.

They do or did at one time collect it from your home in BBK I think, not sure now though.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The Thai version is not complete or equal with the English version you get by clicking Eng at the top of the page.

Clearly some offices (Udon is one) follow the thai wording others follow the English or quite possibly the complete wording of the police order.

The result is that different offices have different rules, as is not unusual in Thailand.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

26 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:
31 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

First extension of stay is regarded as a 90 day report - period.  Posters understanding was totally correct.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

You could easily be correct but there is nothing on that page when it is translated that has the wording you quoted 

He is quoting from the old immigration website.

The application for an extension is considered the equivalent of an address report (90 day report) because you're reporting your address, in writing, to immigration as per the law.

9 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Clearly some offices (Udon is one) follow the thai wording others follow the English or quite possibly the complete wording of the police order.

The result is that different offices have different rules, as is not unusual in Thailand.

SOP 'usually' stands for

Standard Operational Procedures.

????

16 minutes ago, overherebc said:
21 minutes ago, elviajero said:

They do or did at one time collect it from your home in BBK I think, not sure now though.

They have never done that as far as I'm aware. They certainly don't do it now.

20 minutes ago, overherebc said:
27 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You said; "if you're doing 90 day reports it's an extension of stay, not a visa."

No I'm not. I am referring to anyone that has permission to stay longer than 90 days. Example; someone entering with a 'O-A' visa needs to make 90 day reports if they stay longer than 90 days. They are clearly doing 90 day reports and do not have an extension of stay.

Fine, but, you should also mention the finer points that for the second year it's no longer a visa and will require a re-entry permit if you leave Thailand and return during that second year or the extension has gone.

Simply put. If you want to keep any permit to stay alive you need a re-entry permit. Any visa used to initially enter the country, whether expired or not, is irrelevant.

45 minutes ago, rumak said:

Sorry to butt in.......but is this thread another take on the famous Amos and Costello skit:  "Who's on first"?

Gets that way sometimes.

???

Similar to the sketch where Reagan wants to contact UN and his secretary asks Kofi?

You can take it from there.

????

Edit

Should add that since Kofi died a couple of days ago someone will be posting soon that the story doesn't apply anymore.

???

Edited by overherebc