Cancelling ED visa and crossing border question

If your non-immigrant visa category ED was valid for one entry, it lost its validity after you used it for entry into Thailand. You do not have to cancel it, but you must leave the country not later than the "UNTIL" date on the arrival stamp in your passport.

3 hours ago, Maestro said:

If your non-immigrant visa category ED was valid for one entry, it lost its validity after you used it for entry into Thailand. You do not have to cancel it, but you must leave the country not later than the "UNTIL" date on the arrival stamp in your passport.

Hi.. This is my second ED visa.. When my first one finished i went to the Border at Ban Pakad.. They made me pay more money for some reason.. I was getting vibes from them that it was about my ED visa and they charged me an extra 2000 baht on top of the tourist visa charge .. I now have to go again and do the same procedure next month.. So looks like they will do the same aslast time.. I thought i had to cancel my ED visa before i got to the border or thats what i thought they were saying to me.. I have a 6 month ED visa

9 hours ago, Huayrat said:

I have a 6 month ED visa

There is no non-ed visa that allows you to stay in the country for 6 months. It would only allow one 90 day entry during the 3 months it would be valid for entry unless you had a multiple entry non-ed visa that would allow 90 day entries for 12 months from the date of issue.

Hi.. This is my second ED visa.. When my first one finished i went to the Border at Ban Pakad.. They made me pay more money for some reason.. I was getting vibes from them that it was about my ED visa and they charged me an extra 2000 baht on top of the tourist visa charge ..

You did not get a non-ed visa a Ban Pakad. The most you could get is a 30 day visa exempt entry when re-entered Thailand.

If you have non-ed visa issued by a embassy or consulate it will not need to be cancelled nor would immigration cancel it if you requested it.

I am not sure what you have at this time but I don't think you have valid ED visa at this time.

Do i have to leave when my ED visa finishes or can i get 30 Day Extension at Jomtien immigration??

There is no extension you can get if you have a 90 day entry from a non-ed visa other than a 90 day extension with supporting documents from a school.