How did you meet your Thai wife?

Bangkok Barry

I meet my x wife in a restaurant, and later we where at the same disco! From there it took a couple of months before we where together. 18 months later we married, and seperated after 5 years marriage. 

Now she live my orign country, and I live in Thailand. Good deal if you ask me ?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Most of the guys claiming this are either demented or lying.

It's always the same old story, 60-year-old foreigner (speaking no Thai) claiming 40 (or under) year old Thai loving him for himself.

Who believes these guys? and why have I never met any of these wives?

The only Thai women I see (with foreigners) are hookers or gold diggers.

Well if you hang around the bar and tourist areas thats all you will see , but if you live here and go to the out of town parts you will just see normal guys with normal wives and kids etc .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Well if you hang around the bar and tourist areas thats all you will see , but if you live here and go to the out of town parts you will just see normal guys with normal wives and kids etc .

It is a lie you can not meet decent women in tourist areas who even speak good english! I will say it is an illution you will meet better woman others places, because the good and the bad it not based on where they living or what they do for living. Of course if you go to hardcore beer bars, go go and bj bars, you will maybe have some problems to find the good ones, but all over, it is up to you! 

The signs of the bad will always be there right in your face, and you know you will be lie to yourselves because of the feeling is so sweet and colourful. Mine is different? Is she really different is the question you have to ask. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It is a lie you can not meet decent women in tourist areas who even speak good english! I will say it is an illution you will meet better woman others places, because the good and the bad it not based on where they living or what they do for living. Of course if you go to hardcore beer bars, go go and bj bars, you will maybe have some problems to find the good ones, but all over, it is up to you! 

The signs of the bad will always be there right in your face, and you know you will be lie to yourselves because of the feeling is so sweet and colourful. Mine is different? Is she really different is the question you have to ask. 

If you believe that all people are different, it must follow that there are many people out there with partners who are indeed different, hence. it's an easy question to answer.

On 8/20/2018 at 5:45 PM, darksidedog said:

Lol! I ran mine over. She lived in the same street as me, and walked out of her front gate as I was coming home. I had moved to the far left as a truck was coming the other way and ploughed her down as she bowled out without looking. One thing led to another. Funny the way love works really. You could say she took one look at me and was swept off her feet. :cheesy:

Going by what you wrote is that a photo of her in your profile pic?

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, oxforddon said:

I can relate to some of what I read above but in Bangkok I have met Thai ladies who spoke French or German or Italian as well as English and not because they had a previous foreign boyfriend but because they studied abroad. (My own half Thai daughters have 5 or 6 languages between them.) I'm not saying it is easy to meet respectable girls but working in an office or large company helps as does having a few educated Thai male friends who know you well enough to introduce you to a wider circle of people. Years ago the stigma of being thought a prostitute was there but it is more pronounced perhaps these days but having said that there are a lot more Westernised Thai ladies around too. So much depends in which circles you find yourself in and which places you frequent. What I do object to is the cliché remarks from those who have never had the same experiences as those who did find a respectable wife.

100% agree. 

The thing is the majority of guys commenting on these forums are 50+ and therefore will never work in an office in Bangkok, or for a large multinational based in Bangkok with large numbers of English speaking, overseas educated Thai colleagues, much less have Thai friends who fit that demographic.   

I wonder how many of the TVF membership likes to go drinking in Thai bars and clubs in Thonglor and enjoys the company of Thai guys and girls in the 25-35 age bracket?  Much less actually want to have Thai friends in that age range.

Everyone talks as if we are all in the same situation and that our experience of life in Thailand will be the same.    When the reality is that there is a huge variety between us.  

Edited by seancbk
Minor spelling correction.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, seancbk said:

100% agree. 

The thing is the majority of guys commenting on these forums are 50+ and therefore will never work in an office in Bangkok, or for a large multinational based in Bangkok with large numbers of English speaking, overseas educated Thai colleagues, much less have Thai friends who fit that demographic.   

I wonder how many of the TVF membership likes to go drinking in Thai bars and clubs in Thonglor and enjoys the company of Thai guys and girls in the 25-35 age bracket?  Much less actually want to have Thai friends in that age range.

Everyone talks as if we are all in the same situation and that our experience of life in Thailand will be the same.    When the reality is that there is a huge variety between us.  

For sure we are all different, myself I almost never go to beerbars for drinking. Most of the time it is restaurants and clubs, but the last year, I have hardly been out at all after 8 in the evening. Bieffect of a good and healthy relation ship. 

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

For sure we are all different, myself I almost never go to beerbars for drinking. Most of the time it is restaurants and clubs, but the last year, I have hardly been out at all after 8 in the evening. Bieffect of a good and healthy relation ship. 

Me Too,

But more because I'm too old to go out at night, and happier sitting at home with my feet up a cup of cocoa, and my fluffy slippers on.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I've always kind of liked the bad girls, the others were always a bit dull and not much fun in bed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've always kind of liked the bad girls, the others were always a bit dull and not much fun in bed.

Exactly, but you know they are bad, you do not need to lie to yourselves? 

I hate when the bad ones turn good, and start being the judge over others. Im outta there, because my short term memory, doesnt work to good. 

Edited by Hummin

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Because every woman is a gold digger and a hooker! Its their nature! 

I have heard, but I do not practice

I guess you jest or your a woman hater or bent. ?

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah maybe a thread, " Who did you meet in Thailand before your wife." ?

Or what is the bird you pay for sex actually thinking whilst you are thinking I must be a wow...

Well I reckon she is thinking I may be able to buy the latest iPhone looking at this drip's reactions....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Not sure what you ment? 

Women have different reasons for doing what they do, and we as men also do different things of different reasons. 

I do not judge people in that order. But many do, and many love to express it out loud and clear. 

But I guess they are living like an chatolic priests with dark sides to their personality! Very dark

It was only a little dig at you,  your last post sentence reminds of someone who said we all have 3 lives, " Our personal one,  our public one  and secret."

Very true I think maybe I'm 3 faced. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sand th said:

lolz what a question

most ppls here are just farangs who cant even live in their own country n so desperate enuf to just pick up any sh*** trash on the street

knew a brit married for 20 yrs with 2 kids and still cant even get the thai citizen, end up drinking at soi4 every night cuz even his thai wife dont give a shit abt him, try to find a thai poor girl who desperate enuf to live with a loser as his wife done with his shits

sad but real

You know me then....?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Good response. The great majority of the posters are older and their stereotypical narrow minded responses reflect this. They likely never had a broad social life here thus they only know what they read here on TVF, see on YouTube or witness in places like Pattaya.  

Some of us posters work or worked here and have lots of Thai friends and know their families and do things socially with them and they are good folks just like the folks in our home countries.

Many foreigners meet wonderful women that are educated, work in professional business segments and have nice families.

?

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Many foreigners meet wonderful women that are educated, work in professional business segments and have nice families.

We can aggree on one thing, most men here meet women, yes, and frem there it is a huge diversity of what kind of women most meet. 

I also think your statement is quite narrow, when you state everyone above 50 is, or live like this, and so on. Im not 50 yeat myself, but read your post one more time please with your other glasses on. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sand th said:

knew a brit married for 20 yrs with 2 kids and still cant even get the thai citizen,

his thai wife dont give a shit abt him,

I think you'll find most posters on this forum are retired, and there is no path for retired people to become Thai citizens.

As for women giving a shit, only me mum, and she's been dead 40+ years.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think you'll find most posters on this forum are retired, and there is no path for retired people to become Thai citizens.

As for women giving a shit, only me mum, and she's been dead 40+ years.

why bother to become Thai citizens when you have lods of money and beautiful Thai wife to acompany around the world.I don think necessary to become Thai citizens...i come for the girls? not for citizenship

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sand th said:

lolz what a question

most ppls here are just farangs who cant even live in their own country n so desperate enuf to just pick up any sh*** trash on the street

knew a brit married for 20 yrs with 2 kids and still cant even get the thai citizen, end up drinking at soi4 every night cuz even his thai wife dont give a shit abt him, try to find a thai poor girl who desperate enuf to live with a loser as his wife done with his shits

sad but real

you're hang out him too ?

24 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I also think your statement is quite narrow, when you state everyone above 50 is, or live like this, and so on. 

I never stated a specific age.  I stated older. It's pretty common knowledge however that a greater majority of posters are older and 50 seems to be a number most use as some sort of threshold to determine if their input is valid or not.

Threads like these have been done numerous times and the responses continue to be the same and if you happen to have met a nice women that is hit with serious skepticism and that it's not possible.  

It is what it is. Forum life

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Threads like these have been done numerous times and the responses continue to be the same and if you happen to have met a nice women that is hit with serious skepticism and that it's not possible.  

While in Thailand, I've met expats in their 20s, and expats in their 70s,

Their women were all lying, cheating, gold digging, whores many of whom clearly came from Pattaya bars.

A couple of the wives kept up a  decent, respectable & believable fronts for a few years, but time always showed me the same story.

I'm not saying EVERY Thai/expat relationship is like that, I'm just saying all the ones I met were like that.

I really want to believe, I really want to find one myself, I really want to believe yours is different, but the past 30x I heard that story it turned out to be bogus. I don't bother meeting expats wives any more, got tired of disappointment, just make up some excuse to not be available for dinner. Met some great Thai ladies with Thai husbands (and a few skanks), just never one married to a foreigner.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

While in Thailand, I've met expats in their 20s, and expats in their 70s,

Their women were all lying, cheating, gold digging, whores many of whom clearly came from Pattaya bars.

A couple of the wives kept up a  decent, respectable & believable fronts for a few years, but time always showed me the same story.

I'm not saying EVERY Thai/expat relationship is like that, I'm just saying all the ones I met were like that.

I really want to believe, I really want to find one myself, I really want to believe yours is different, but the past 30x I heard that story it turned out to be bogus. I don't bother meeting expats wives any more, got tired of disappointment, just make up some excuse to not be available for dinner. Met some great Thai ladies with Thai husbands (and a few skanks), just never one married to a foreigner.

I had written a nice response and this buggy site lost it.  

Cheers 

On 8/20/2018 at 8:48 PM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the love of your life seems to be called Henry, a most unfeminine name and who looks a lot like a fella. You didn't happen to find "her" in Pattaya Soi 6 by any chance did you?

Not disputing her sucking power, you understand.

I  think youll find  Hettie more  appealing 

download.jpg

• Haha 1