How did you meet your Thai wife?

Bangkok Barry

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

So, to you educated thai women with manners are hiso?

I don't know, I've never met one, but lots of posters on this forum claim to have married one, and who am I to gainsay them.

Edited by BritManToo

Met her in the 90s in a Thai restaurant in London where she was the waitress - and knew the Thai girlfriend of a Malaysian law student I was eating with - we'd shared a flat in Brentford a few years earlier before I moved out when I bought my flat...

I then saw her on the tube a few days later and said "Hi".

She has, for years, said we met on the tube...

Nobody wants to admit they met their wife in a bar because of the stigma. So let me see if I can help out.

Was there a bowl of peanuts or Chex mix on the bar counter? Well it wasn't really a bar, now was it? It was clearly a restaurant.

Was there a girl or a lady boy in the corner darning a sock or mending a nylon stocking? Just say you met her in a seamstress shop.

Anybody applying nail polish? Combing their hair? Checking their makeup in a mirror? Duh! You met her in a beauty salon.

Did you ever see her change a flickering neon bulb? Easy-peasy! She's an electrical engineer.

Was she handing out flyers in front of a go-go bar? Bingo! She's in media distribution, or better yet, an advertising executive.

Did she ever warn you about your drink getting spiked? Cha-ching! She's a pharmacist or a chemistry teacher!

Was she really good at Connect Four? Well, heck, she practically has a degree in probability theory, doesn't she?

Did you go to an ATM together? Problem solved – she's a bank teller.

But you have to be careful. It is possible to get carried away with embellishing your girl's resume. For example, telling people your former sex show performer girlfriend is a paralympic ping pong champion might strain credulity.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Haha 1

I was asked the same question at our USCIS interview except he ended his question with "on the internet".  I asked him if he had ever heard of a dating site on the internet for Thai women over 50 because I sure haven't.  With a confused look on his young face he ran out of the room to next door.  When he came back he then went on to the next question.  I have only seen a red face on a black man a few times.  Based on his heavy foriegn accent I doubt he understood what I said or what to do and was told something by the real interviewer next door viewing on his desktop.  We met him after we were approved with a big happy smile on his face.  I guess he got a kick out of it.  I was a step ahead as I was well informed on how the interview would go and I pegged this heavily foriegn sounding guy as a firstimer as he read the questions off his list. That was not the only time I sent him running next door including taking a thick stack of photos that I had.  I guess he asked what to do with so many photos.  He came back and started sorting on the desk then gave us back most.  Of course he took those 10-20 or so he chose next door.  I kept him jumping with my sarcastic answers with an attitude like I am 59 and she is 53 of course this is not a fake marriage or she would be in her twenties.  When asked about her mother's name I replied I don't know how to pronounce it, do you.  My wife had to correct his pronunciation.

We bumped into each other while she was visiting family in America and that's all it took for both of us.  I was introduced to her by one of my coworkers as his wife's auntie.  Married a month later, three years later we moved, and also remarried at the amphur with a much nicer interview.

She wasn't 20 when we met but at 60 this month she still looks 30.  I am so glad she was only Americanized just the right amount.  I love that raw Thai outlook on life compared to freaked out US women.  It would be a shame if she stayed much longer and had lost her Thainess.

• Like 2

Many place in Thailand where you can meet nice,normal Thai woman . I met many of them who can easily ask to go out if youre really decent bloke and persistance to ask. Shop Keeper at Tesco, 711, small shop shopkeeper, Car Salesman. I have business so i can have a little talk in Thai..well nit noi. But depends what why you wanna go, Thai girl tend to put you on a trial whether youre bad farungs or not, hence most of them have excess bagagge but i think its much better rather than BG or Massage girl that don want to be bailed out from that goddamn place.

8 minutes ago, NonthaburiBear said:

Many place in Thailand where you can meet nice,normal Thai woman . I met many of them who can easily ask to go out if youre really decent bloke and persistance to ask. Shop Keeper at Tesco, 711, small shop shopkeeper, Car Salesman. I have business so i can have a little talk in Thai..well nit noi. But depends what why you wanna go, Thai girl tend to put you on a trial whether youre bad farungs or not, hence most of them have excess bagagge but i think its much better rather than BG or Massage girl that don want to be bailed out from that goddamn place.

A lot of them would leave the game if they had another option that paid 100k+ a month

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

A lot of them would leave the game if they had another option that paid 100k+ a month

not really, 6-7 ago a friend of mine ask me to get soapy > 1st time for him in Bkk,  
get soapy and pick girl on the line. Hot and mature enough, older than me . I dont know if she having a crush on me or not, but ended in 2 rounds.
The girl are my kind of Thai women. So after the bath she ask me, what the hell i'm doing there on Saturday night and i'm not supposed to be there
I'm not that type of guy who do repeat order for the sake of avoid  have some feeling for the girl ( unless i love her and that different case)
I dont know if she's try to get me on her bait but she never ask me sum of money. exchange LINE id which she write directly on my phone. Have a chit chat after that, she said she have 1 daughter living with her parents in the countryside,where she live alone near DMK. Short of story i try to bailed her out for free, no bribing for sex whatsoever so she can get some capital to live the right way...which she turned down tthe offer ? .  Not our happiness is everyone happiness.. real story mate and i still have her LINE id

Edited by NonthaburiBear

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe 30%, then there's another 30% who like the sex with different men, and the other 30% are drunk/drugged party girls.

Yes, lots of party girls who like earning money while sitting around gossiping, drinking and taking drugs and getting railed etc

But for the rest of them they would probably quit but nobody's going to pay them 100k+ a month to be a good little wife and keep the house tidy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ks45672 said:

Yes, lots of party girls who like earning money while sitting around gossiping, drinking and taking drugs and getting railed etc

But for the rest of them they would probably quit but nobody's going to pay them 100k+ a month to be a good little wife and keep the house tidy

why  you insist they will be a good wife and keep the house tidy if someone forked out 100K+ amonth which are impossible.

Met my wife at a fishing pond/restaurant (non-tourist area). she was managing it for her sister. I said i would be back to fish again (next visit to Thailand). Went 8 months later and she decided to try fishing too .... invited me out!

• Like 1

This is one of those threads I actually hate myself for responding to, since regardless what you say it's by gonna be slammed by one faction or the other, but w#t$f here goes.

So, me and Mrs G got together back in 2004. She was working as an admin in our Singapore office when I was seconded there from China.

It was the classic office affair, horribly tawdry lol.

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Ks45672 said:
22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe 30%, then there's another 30% who like the sex with different men, and the other 30% are drunk/drugged party girls.

nobody in their right mind that is, ...... which brings us to tv 

Edited by atyclb
  • Haha 1

i remember my Canadian friend who move to Vietnam and marry local  Vietnamese, his father in law are helping him build  the business...until he have good business to run,good stuff to sell.I benefit from his joyfull years of trading until 3-4 years ago, no reply, no news from him...all i know from her close friends,his life are shattered because of her marriage. No news until now..dunno if he end his own life or not. Shame for his reputation that burn to ashes