How did you meet your Thai wife?

Bangkok Barry

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Lol! I ran mine over. She lived in the same street as me, and walked out of her front gate as I was coming home. I had moved to the far left as a truck was coming the other way and ploughed her down as she bowled out without looking. One thing led to another. Funny the way love works really. You could say she took one look at me and was swept off her feet. :cheesy:

I have made the observation that I constantly make my girl’s heart beat faster...evidently it has something to do with my farang driving!!! 555

16 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Okay, not a question you should ask in Thailand, but I'm sure there are some interesting stories. They might even involve Thailand's finest, and I don't mean the police ?

I met my own wife through an introduction agency. I had not long turned 40 and thought it was time to settle down and on a brief and unexpected trip to Thailand (not my first visit), I thought I'd see what was available. I looked through the books and the girl I picked out was a friend of the (female) owner. A meeting was arranged for that evening, which turned out to be her birthday (!) but she didn't say much and when I asked her if she wanted to meet again I was surprised that she said yes.

The next evening we met together with her friend from the agency, a lively individual which probably helped my future wife relax more. She was 13 years younger than me, so not excessive at that stage of life, and she worked on the information counter at the Tokyu department store next to Mahboonkrong in Bangkok. She claimed that she only posed for pictures for fun while she was visiting the agency owner. Who knows or cares. We ended up getting married 14 days after we met, and that was over 27 years ago. Now and then I've had to count to 10, sometimes 100, but it's worked out okay.

Over to you.........

Wow. Boring.

If you open a thread like this please make sure that at least you have a somewhat interesting story.

As for me, I was randomly perving on Facebook for Thai women, looking for the ones that had a good job. I friended than blocked each and every one from Phitsanulok and Isaan.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

A long time ago in BKK i was partner in a business , my wife worked for her sister who ran a large Thai food and entertainment complex for her father in law .,talking to her i found out she was computer literate , (not a lot were then) as my partner had just lost a worker in the office who did the computer work she came and helped us for a few weeks , we started seeing each other on my trips back and eventually she came to the UK as my fiance,we were married there about 6 months later

best thing i ever did .

I met my wife when she was in America on a tourist visa. She visited my profile on Plentyoffish.com and asked me if I would like to get together for a cup of coffee. That was the beginning of the end for me. We have been more or less happily married for 12 years now.

• Haha 1

Came to LoS in 2004 on a Bikes Beaches and Borders motorcycle holiday.

Some went this way some that near the end of 3 weeks and I chose to spend a few days in Hua-Hin. Came out of City Beach hotel and went left round the corner , straight on was Bintabaht , where the girlie bars are . The little place I found had 2 girls and no customers , only me.  Next evening ( I like quiet ) I went back and the lady behind the bar said " Pim would like you to take her to the beach , she speaks no English , was a nurse in ******hospital BKK and has only been here 1 week "     I did take her to the beach and I was very green after 3 weeks here , She stopped at a pharmacy to buy a tooth brush , I had paid no bar fine , Neither of us new what was what .   Anyway I came back the following year and we got married about 4 years ago , never been back , my eldest daughter and family are over here now and they all love Pim.

• Like 1

met my first Thai GF through a friend, shes 10 years older than i'm but she's a stunner  typical hot Thai women above 40s and have 1 kids.
she's been living in Sydney for 2 year for  her studies afer being dumped by her Thai husband.Her mother are high executive for BOB.The first time we met,She fetch me up at the airport and we go to her place.Her son are staying with her parents near the airport.
and you know the rest of the story ? . Didnt last so long as i didn't want to pick  the excess baggage otherwise we should be married.She's hot though, meet another Hot mom  in the LOS but baggage keep the girls stay out for my life...555

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Wow. Boring.

If you open a thread like this please make sure that at least you have a somewhat interesting story.

As for me, I was randomly perving on Facebook for Thai women, looking for the ones that had a good job. I friended than blocked each and every one from Phitsanulok and Isaan.

Thank you for your boring, pointless and unnecessary comment, which adds nothing at all of interest to the thread.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the love of your life seems to be called Henry, a most unfeminine name and who looks a lot like a fella. You didn't happen to find "her" in Pattaya Soi 6 by any chance did you?

Not disputing her sucking power, you understand.

Please, Henry is a very feminine name; Henrietta Hungryhole was even nicknamed, Henry.

Two of my students at Mae Fah Luang Uni. saw her on a train with her mother and a nanny. She was dressed nice, college educated and spoke great English (her dad worked for the royal police so she learned English at a young age).  My students invited both of us to a BBQ and ten years later we are still happy !

Thanks for asking.

Edited by Dr Rock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some typical TV cynical responses from some who have never - it seems - met any educated decent Thai females and sneer derisively at those who have.....they might be surprised just how many million Thai females have never been into a bar let alone worked in one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1