How did you meet your Thai wife?

Bangkok Barry

On 8/21/2018 at 12:16 PM, oxforddon said:

How about bankers, company CEO's, advertising execs etc. who are not bald, drink spirits and need not be 60+ ...?

I know a few of those myself, absolute animals down in walking street with a [pocket full of cash away from the wife ?

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2018 at 12:47 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Wow. Boring.

If you open a thread like this please make sure that at least you have a somewhat interesting story.

As for me, I was randomly perving on Facebook for Thai women, looking for the ones that had a good job. I friended than blocked each and every one from Phitsanulok and Isaan.

You mean they blocked you ?

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2018 at 2:50 PM, TPI said:

Met my first wife in a Saigon bar, we've been married for over 50 years, an amazing woman! After moving to Thailand, I met my friends Executive secretary and have been in partnership with her for the past 19 years (crazy as a loon sometimes). I didn't divorce my first wife so she wouldn't lose face with her friends (we are still good friends!)...Asia allows you to do some really crazy things...I love it for its craziness and its unpredictably lunatic obsession with never being wrong!!

Well done, met mine in a bar 11 years ago, is such an easy going person, we gel like best mates, she shows me no jealousy, has no issue with me being me and me eating elsewhere when I feel the need, have 2 kids with her.

The old saying you can take the girl out of the bar, but not the bar out of the girl is a load of crap.

Never been happier in my life, besides I had a big appetite last night and the 23 year old I had was sensational ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Well done, met mine in a bar 11 years ago, is such an easy going person, we gel like best mates, she shows me no jealousy, has no issue with me being me and me eating elsewhere when I feel the need, have 2 kids with her.

The old saying you can take the girl out of the bar, but not the bar out of the girl is a load of crap.

Never been happier in my life, besides I had a big appetite last night and the 23 year old I had was sensational ?

I usually find that when one side of the relationship is cheating on the other , the otherside is also cheating .

On 8/23/2018 at 12:49 AM, oxforddon said:

It is good to see that despite the naysayers there are many cases of a meeting a normal Thai lady who is not from where the bar stool crowd seemingly sit all day

Your right, there are many cases of a meeting a normal Thai lady who is not from where the bar stool crowd seemingly sit all day.

My mates who have Thai wives all tell me that they met theirs at a shopping centre, one was a tour guide, a restaurant, hospital etc etc, and when they ask me where I met mine, I say a bar, now it doesn't take much to work out were they met theirs, personally I prefer to be upfront, nothing wrong with a girl working in a bar and providing a service, they have their reasons for being there, and there is nothing to be embarrassed about where they met their partners, but each to their own, but a chick with a huge tattoo on her back tells me she wasn't working in a hospital...lol

I am also sure that other men have met "real" Thai women with an education an do the family outings etc etc, rather boring if you ask me, I prefer the streetwise non princess type that no what life's all about, suck it in and roll the sleeves up, besides their great in the sack and don't get headaches, EVER ?

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

Your right, there are many cases of a meeting a normal Thai lady who is not from where the bar stool crowd seemingly sit all day.

My mates who have Thai wives all tell me that they met theirs at a shopping centre, one was a tour guide, a restaurant, hospital etc etc, and when they ask me where I met mine, I say a bar, now it doesn't take much to work out were they met theirs, personally I prefer to be upfront, nothing wrong with a girl working in a bar and providing a service, they have their reasons for being there, and there is nothing to be embarrassed about where they met their partners, but each to their own, but a chick with a huge tattoo on her back tells me she wasn't working in a hospital...lol

I am also sure that other men have met "real" Thai women with an education an do the family outings etc etc, rather boring if you ask me, I prefer the streetwise non princess type that no what life's all about, suck it in and roll the sleeves up, besides their great in the sack and don't get headaches, EVER [emoji7]
A lot of guys make up plausible stories where they met their wives. For me you just need to look at them both to see if its genuine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I usually find that when one side of the relationship is cheating on the other , the otherside is also cheating .

You can call it cheating and assume that my Mrs is getting serviced, fact of the matter is we are adults and have no lies in our relationship, believe it or not, personally I don't give a rats.

Fact of the matter is that she accepts me eating out when I want too, although she prefers that I don't throw it in her face, wear a condom, don't bring her any diseases, etc, etc, and it works fine for us.

She had a Thai partner who used to have others and she accepted it, her father had a couple of Mia Nois and the family accepted it.

I will say this, she is a rare breed and if she is getting served on the side, good for her, but I can't see where she has the time, i.e. she has a handful of kids to attend too, while I am with her 90% of the time, and I have told her that if she is going to go with another guy, to invite me as we can all have some fun as we did a couple of times before the kids came along with a couple of girls.

I'm living this life to my max mate, and my wife always says to me, one life honey, enjoy it, especially when I am off to Phuket to meet the lads for a week.

The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.

• Like 2

My wife has a friend locally here in the US, who was a bar girl, her husband met her there, Phuket I think, and they're quite open about it

I think most Thai's contrary to the accepted wisdom of the TVF tend to take it pretty much in their stride.

Few years back, we took what was for me my first trip to Pattaya with our son, who was quite young at the time.

I was horrified when seeing Walking Street, my wifes reaction however was somewhat different.

I think for most Westerners, hookers are generally viewed as probably druggies or some other low life. My wifes take was pretty sanguine. In her eyes these were just women, working to take care of their family in whatever profession, given their probably pitiful level of education, that gave the best income.

Now there are always exceptions to the rule, but I suspect as opposed to your drug addict hooker on some street corner in Detroit, many a Thai hooker, when they do get a man to take care of them, just leave that world behind.

Certainly my wife and this ex hooker don't talk about it, but they both know and don't really care.

It seems to exercise the minds of TVF posters a great deal however

I guess there was a certain je ne sai quoi about the stunning performer that was offering his son a cream-covered banana that she had creatively inserted in her 'front bum' at an upstairs show bar in Patpong that made my buddy say, "I'm gonna marry that girl."

Okay, not a question you should ask in Thailand, but I'm sure there are some interesting stories. They might even involve Thailand's finest, and I don't mean the police [emoji16]

I met my own wife through an introduction agency. I had not long turned 40 and thought it was time to settle down and on a brief and unexpected trip to Thailand (not my first visit), I thought I'd see what was available. I looked through the books and the girl I picked out was a friend of the (female) owner. A meeting was arranged for that evening, which turned out to be her birthday (!) but she didn't say much and when I asked her if she wanted to meet again I was surprised that she said yes.

The next evening we met together with her friend from the agency, a lively individual which probably helped my future wife relax more. She was 13 years younger than me, so not excessive at that stage of life, and she worked on the information counter at the Tokyu department store next to Mahboonkrong in Bangkok. She claimed that she only posed for pictures for fun while she was visiting the agency owner. Who knows or cares. We ended up getting married 14 days after we met, and that was over 27 years ago. Now and then I've had to count to 10, sometimes 100, but it's worked out okay.

Over to you..................
I've had a good relationship with my GF for three yrs now . Her daughter (school age) lives with us and everything is hunky-dory. But l'm getting on in years. My question is,what are the advantages and disadvantages of getting married here? I have bank accounts and assets that l want leave to her.....Any advice welcome

Sent from my SM-A800F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/21/2018 at 8:30 AM, thesetat2013 said:

met mine in thaifriendly. recent masters graduate. lonely and horny. best woman i have ever met. great wife. 6 years now with no regrets 

Met mine on Thaifriendly too.  After years of dating Thai women across the social spectrum, I decided to be a bit more pragmatic. This may sound a bit callous, but I made a list of "must haves" for a potential mia; college degree, stable profession, emotionally mature, either had adult children or did not want kids, did not have a long list of mooching cousins, self sufficient and most of all, did not need to marry a farang. It took a while to find the right lady, then dated for 3 years before getting married. I wanted to make sure that the 3rd time was the charm. ?

• Like 1