More staff issues ,be warned

kannot

16 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Ran a business in Thailand for about 15 years with 17 employees - had very few problems during that time. They were loyal, came on time and did a good job. Probably due to having a excellent female Thai manager. I almost only hired women and paid well. 

what exactly is "paid  well"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fanjita said:

In fairness you only seem to go max on 500 a day.  The youngsters quite rightly want a bit more.  

You can always do the work yourself.  

staff are 42 and 45 youngsters are even lazier, offered the job for one person at 16k a month still no takers, thats  800 a  day, locals think 500 is  too much

Edited by kannot
  • Thanks 1

Just now, fanjita said:

You're a great guy, kannot.  I wish you well with your staffing issues.  

It's a tough one in LOS, as is anywhere, but with a little refinement and management you might improve your chances.

The problem is I have tried everything to make the job less labour intensive whilst increasing the salary to what some local owners  have said "how  much....Ill work for  you for  that", all weeds  were removed by hand for 4  years, we now spray as this is the most tedious  and maybe one reason they dont want to do it

( this caused uproar with the holier than though TV environmental brigade) Have power  tools for everything, includes motorbike and all the other perks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Don't worry about evangelical environmentalists.  Can't stand them.  

I dont as  most have no idea what getting and keeping staff involves, they also have no idea of working in 36c heat up a  steep  hill, i reckon a few  hours of  weeding and theyd  be converted

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry to hear about your fish. Have you thought about adding a couple of cctv cameras at strategic locations and adding a locked cage for your net? A lot of cctv nowadays you can watch on your phone from anywhere and it's not overly expensive. I'm sure you're way ahead of me already on that.

I really don't know what to suggest about the staff issue. I understand that after a point more money doesn't work. There is also a limit on what can be afforded.

Is there any part if their job that can be mechanised? With an aging population and the drift of people towards the cities it is inevitable that mechanisation will take over.

Necessity is the mother of invention. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Gardeners don't mix concrete or move big amounts of dirt. People want to live in their own house near family and friends, not with their boss. They want to ride their own motorbike.Try to find staff without offering the housing, bike and up the salary.

They do here , but not often as Ive done 90% of the work that has to be done already, they dont have a motorbike, they want transport, they are not right next to me they are 100metres away I cant even see them.

• Thanks 1