More staff issues ,be warned

kannot

7 hours ago, blackcab said:

I'm sorry to hear about your fish. Have you thought about adding a couple of cctv cameras at strategic locations and adding a locked cage for your net? A lot of cctv nowadays you can watch on your phone from anywhere and it's not overly expensive. I'm sure you're way ahead of me already on that.

I really don't know what to suggest about the staff issue. I understand that after a point more money doesn't work. There is also a limit on what can be afforded.

Is there any part if their job that can be mechanised? With an aging population and the drift of people towards the cities it is inevitable that mechanisation will take over.

Necessity is the mother of invention. 

I have 4  around the land but down by the pond  is too far from the wifi signal to reach and I have a  feeling that they would  pull the plug and say powercut as we get them fairly often.

Removing the net...................he has his  own and a spear on a stick with 4  prongs  on, its just eaier for him to use  mine, now removed.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kannot said:

Burmese  simply do not want this work anymore and the issues with employing them now are ridiculous as you do all the paper work, shell out the fees and 1  month later ( after paid) they leave and you have to do the same again with the next lot. This involves a  long journey as the places to do this are few and far between.

Employing without the correct permits now is a big  no no with jail and stupid high fines.

Only a suggestion cause Thais do it in boarder towns,  difficult I guess if your location is inland.

I thought the work permit thing was being done away with.

Sounds like a real pain.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kannot said:

Myabe but If  I want it done properly  I have to do it, ive tried  the other way and you just get a slapdash damn awful mess.

Stand over them and tell them how you want it done.

If need be hit them with a  big stick.......( joke  )

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Thais suffer from a huge lack of intrinsic motivation. Rather than have a big salary some can work better on some kind of bonus system.

Also employing people where you have some knowledge of the family network often works because their lack of work ethic and your complaints get back to their families.

It's really difficult employing people where you have no knowledge of their "network".

Weve tried friends  nearby who sent their Aunty and after 2  months it  all went tits up, we stayed friends with the family, and after shed  gone they told us she  was like this but they were trying to help her, they knew what we  were telling them was true involved an ex  husband creeping round to stay with her who was trouble.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kannot said:

They do here , but not often as Ive done 90% of the work that has to be done already, they dont have a motorbike, they want transport, they are not right next to me they are 100metres away I cant even see them.

For 9K a month a piece they can't afford a motorbike.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kannot said:

Weve tried friends  nearby who sent their Aunty and after 2  months it  all went tits up, we stayed friends with the family, and after shed  gone they told us she  was like this but they were trying to help her, they knew what we  were telling them was true involved an ex  husband creeping round to stay with her who was trouble.

The only way to cut out all the drama (which there tends to be a lot of), is to hire people on a daily basis. Of course its not really convenient and sometimes not possible.

• Haha 1

Just now, moontang said:

Sounds like a disgruntled pineapple farmer....maybe work out a profit sharing plan, but most would know there is little profit, if any, in pineapples nowadays.

Everybody is growing pineapples this year - good luck.

• Haha 1

I knew a guy working as a laborer on earthquake retrofitting.  He was earning 8 USD per hour, but that was 25 years ago, and....the guy was on work release from the Alameda County Jail.  You are paying 2 bucks per hour and are trying to come across as a philanthropist?  Didn't do your homework.  Ever consider a tractor?

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1