The Best Live Music Concert you ever attended.

giddyup

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Led Zep - just because of their name

Rolling Stones - over-rated

Genesis pre and post Peter Gabriel

Pink Floyd - never disappointing

Yes - amazing

Extreme - Great live sound

Black Sabbath - Rock on guys

All overshadowed by Thin Lizzie at the Pompey Guildhall - packed out with 1800 other fans

On 8/24/2018 at 1:36 AM, tutsiwarrior said:

Ashgrove in LA various country blues acts including Big Joe Williams, Big Mama Thornton and Lightnin' Hopkins, Troubador in LA with Joni Mitchell and other folk acts, Golden Bear in Huntington Beach with Jimmy Reed (a classic) John Mayall and various other venues around LA late 60s early 70s...lucky to be livin' there at that time...saw the Stones twice once with Mick Taylor...

never did see Jimi or the Doors live although they were around...spent all my dosh on dope and cheap red wine...stood outside a club in North Beach with a short bottle of Red Mountain in the rain in SF early 80s listenin' to Mike Bloomfield, fantastic...the finest Chicago blues guitarist that ever lived and I was lucky then too as he died a few weeks later...

and Janis autographed my jacket back stage at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena in 1969 when she was still with Big Brother...a great concert also with Joan Baez, Country Joe and Junior Wells and Buddy Guy...

it's funny as my wife who I dearly loved was a thai country girl and never heard of any of them...

I have not heard of most of them, but I would loved to have seen Joan Baez.

On 8/24/2018 at 8:36 AM, pgrahmm said:

Toss up between Dire Straits & Elton John.....

DS had the best pure technical sound - long indoor concert.....

EJ because I begrudgingly went (bday gift for girlfriend) but really enjoyed the show.....The fact that it was outdoors on the lawn & a lot of grass was being smoked & wafting around probably helped mellow me out to enjoy it.....

Saw Elvis at the top of his game = probably the most charismatic performer I've seen.....

Elvis waaaaaaaal, I bet that was something, but Peltin Elton????

On 8/24/2018 at 9:04 AM, Nyezhov said:

Frank Zappa Live at the Fillmore East

Bill Joel at Maxs Kansas City

Traffic with Dave Mason at the Academy of Music

Cream

EmmyLou Harris

Howling Wolf with the Rolling Stones

Nina Hagen in Stuttgart

Woodstock

Led Zepplin

Bob Marley

Talking Heads

Patti Smith

Ramones

Fear

who can remember them all

Emmy Lou Harris. Yes.

2 hours ago, thecaveman said:

I have seen many of the big ones but it's still easy to name the most outstanding concert of them all. That clearly was Garth Brooks' 1st appearance in Germany on April 15th, 1994, Frankfurt.  

Garth Brooks, great showman, but found it hard to accept him as a country singer. To me

he was a rock singer in a cowboy hat.

Hyde Park 1968...………..Traffic (with the excellent Steve Wynwood), The Nice, Pretty Things, Juniors Eyes and The Action (I think).

The Nice set ended with them burning the US flag which didn't go down too well in the newspapers the next day!!

On 8/24/2018 at 2:36 AM, tutsiwarrior said:

Ashgrove in LA various country blues acts including Big Joe Williams, Big Mama Thornton and Lightnin' Hopkins, Troubador in LA with Joni Mitchell and other folk acts, Golden Bear in Huntington Beach with Jimmy Reed (a classic) John Mayall and various other venues around LA late 60s early 70s...lucky to be livin' there at that time...saw the Stones twice once with Mick Taylor...

never did see Jimi or the Doors live although they were around...spent all my dosh on dope and cheap red wine...stood outside a club in North Beach with a short bottle of Red Mountain in the rain in SF early 80s listenin' to Mike Bloomfield, fantastic...the finest Chicago blues guitarist that ever lived and I was lucky then too as he died a few weeks later...

and Janis autographed my jacket back stage at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena in 1969 when she was still with Big Brother...a great concert also with Joan Baez, Country Joe and Junior Wells and Buddy Guy...

it's funny as my wife who I dearly loved was a thai country girl and never heard of any of them...

The Doors at the Whisky, Hendrix at Monterey, Pink Floyd The Wall, and Dark Side of the Moon tour both in L.A., Joni Mitchell Court and Spark, Dorthy Chandler Pavilion, and at The Troubadour in L.A. Elton John at the Greek, CSN at The Greek, The Who, performing Tommy, Rod Stewart, David Bowie Lad Insane tour all at the  Hollywood Palladium.   Santana and Tom Petty Santa Barbara Bowl, Neil Young, Stones various years. Springsteen in L.A. U2 Zoo tour,  Oingo Boingo at the Wharfield S.F. Halloween and at the Whisky,  Sting at the Greek, just a few i can remember, lol.

Archived