The Best Live Music Concert you ever attended.

giddyup

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have not heard of most of them, but I would loved to have seen Joan Baez.

yeah, Joanie was around a lot during them times as her husband David Harris was a war resistor hero (in federal prison)...beautiful voice same as I remembered from her early 60s folk recordings...I remember at the Rose Bowl she sang 'a hard rain's agonna fall' and it was emotional...then other times 'tears of rage' a capella and it was religious...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, camble said:

Rod Stewart

Muddy Waters

Pharoah Sanders

Ravi Shankhar

went to see Ornette Coleman in SF with some pals who were also big fans and a big disappointment...couldn't believe it was the same musician...right up there with Big Mama Thornton drunk and fallin' off the stage at the Ash Grove and Buddy Guy and Junior Wells both drunk offa their asses in SF with a set that lasted 20mins after they were an hour late...

also saw Miles Davis during his Bitches Brew period at Stanford and it was an electronic hodgepodge (trumpet with wah wah) as the audience was expecting Kind of Blue type stuff and the old classics...folks walked out...but there was some hilarity as the New Riders of the Purple Sage (Quicksilver Messenger Service in 'country' mode) were the opening act and there was a loud objection from the largely sleek black urban audience...portended things to come...

Led Zepplin at the Los Angeles Forum with two of the hottest twins in school! And free tickets to see Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon in LA. 

Later in life 50ish was given free tickets for Elton John which I thought wa going to be a copy band or some kind of a gimmick. It wasn’t and he along with the band are awesome! 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:04 AM, Nyezhov said:

Frank Zappa Live at the Fillmore East

Bill Joel at Maxs Kansas City

Traffic with Dave Mason at the Academy of Music

Cream

EmmyLou Harris

Howling Wolf with the Rolling Stones

Nina Hagen in Stuttgart

Woodstock

Led Zepplin

Bob Marley

Talking Heads

Patti Smith

Ramones

Fear

who can remember them all

Quality in there. Nice.

Nina Hagen too. Remember Inga Rumpf & Frumpy?

The Op's question is a difficult one, a bit like saying what is the BEST movie you've ever seen.

Difficult to nail just one, better a top 5 or 10. I could not choose THE BEST concert I've ever seen.

Rory Gallagher was so good in Munich, I paid again and saw him the following night again.

Thin Lizzy in Munich, Alvin Lee and TYL (not TYA) in Munich, AC/DC with Bon in Munich, Led Zep in Munich.

Motorhead 3 -4 times before they got famous, Pat Travers band, Heavy Metal Kids, Groundhogs, Dr Feelgood, Fun Lovin'Criminals, the Sex Pistols, all in small, sweaty 800-1000 capacity venues in Norfolk, England.

If I had to choose, prolly Motorhead in 76-77.

Edit, some posters have seen some seminal iconic bands on this thread.

17 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Inga Rumpf & Frumpy

Thats obscure! I always thought she was a tranny.....

I saw Falco once in NY I think...

German rock! Classic! 

Well I suppose if you went to Woodstock and are still alive - well done. 

Well I am a friend of Dorothy- and I went to heaps of amazing bands in the 60/  70’s

For me Kylie Aphrodite Tour .

I know - would you prefer Kylie over Cream - takes all sorts to run the world. 

There are so many ... but I'm gonna go with the Dead Kennedys at the Mabuhay Gardens, San Francisco. My hearing has never been the same. 

OK, really not the best. But most memorable. The best probably Pink Floyd but it's hard to be objective about that considering the mental state I was in for that, wink wink nod nod. 

Just now, wlx said:

Bickershaw  (Wiggan, England)  Festival - 1972

Three days and nights with a variety of acts, something for every one.

Finished with about a 5 hour session by The  Grateful Dead

If I remember right, it belted down for all 3 days.

Archived