They came to bask on golden sands: But Pattaya tourists are surrounded by trash and ruin

webfact

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Manager said the whole area - an important place for both Thai and foreign tourism - was an utter disgrace."

this story is a exaggeration. I walk up and down Soi Six sometimes weeks at a time and everything is fine. 

by the way, where is the beach?:cheesy:

Rhe beach is in Soi six. His walking on the beach not on the pussy

You pay what you'll get , cheap Russian tourists choose Pattaya for a beach vacation , the rest of us came for the girls and good food from all corners of the world. 

Maybe next time when they can afford it they will choose Bali. 

2 hours ago, balo said:

You pay what you'll get , cheap Russian tourists choose Pattaya for a beach vacation , the rest of us came for the girls and good food from all corners of the world. 

I would go so far as to say that even Bali is too touristy...I prefer Howland Island....

From "Coastal Care Magazine"

Did you know that it’s legal to dump trash in the ocean? Yes, there are limitations for what you can and cannot dump. But it is perfectly acceptable to dump your raw sewage, paper, rags, glass, metal, bottles, or similar refuse, as long as you are at least 12 miles away from the nearest shoreline. It is not permissible to dump plastics anywhere.

When it comes to cruise ships, this trash can add up. An average-sized cruise ship would house 3,000 passengers and crew. The largest cruise ships can have up to 5,000 passengers and crew. Of these cruise ships:

• One average-sized cruise ship dumps about 30,000 gallons of human waste into the oceans each day. If that cruise ship is within three miles of a U.S. shoreline, the sewage must be treated, but if they are outside of three miles, they can dump raw, untreated sewage into the oceans.
  • In addition to the 30,000 gallons of sewage, each cruise ship dumps, on average, 255,000 gallons of gray water per day. Gray water includes water used for showers, laundry services, and dishwashing, and will contain soap and chemicals, even toxic chemicals used for photo-processing and dry-cleaning!
  • An average cruise ship will produce seven tons of garbage and solid waste every day! In a year, approximately 15 billion pounds of garbage is dumped into the oceans.
  • The pollution produced by the emissions of one cruise ship in one day equals that of about 12,000 automobiles.

...By Bekah Barlow   (Coastal Care Magazine)

Cruise-Industry-Trends-1-5a398d382faf6.jpg

There are a lot of ways to solve this problem. In the US convicts are allowed to perform "community service" as part or all of their sentence, they could do the same here, bring in a crew once a week to clean up. Locally, they could recruit volunteers if they don't want to pay, I'm sure they'd get some farangs and ex pats who care enough, especially if it's their beach. But, these are sensible and practical solutions, so we shan't hold our breath

Is it not still rainy season in Thailand.  I was always told that was also considered

as low season, which meant low tourist numbers, low service, low beach maintenance

like garbage collecting and beach trash cleaning as well. Big reason that I wait until November

to go and stay until Spring. Beaches are generally cleaner and garbage is better managed, except

of course in Pattaya, where it  can pile up even during high tourist season.

Geezer

21 hours ago, apalink_thailand said:

I’m told by a reliable source that the mafia is paid to remove garbage from the islands and dump it into the sea late at night. 

I'm sure someone "reliable" in a high position once said in a post here " there are no Mafia in Pattaya"

Manager of what? Hotel? Well instead of joining the moaners & stating the bleeding obvious do something. Talk to other hotels in he neighbourhood form a clean up crew to clean the beach every morning at sunrise, then tell council to do  the job after a month or 2 or all the hotels will take it from fees they pay to council. Be pro active not just another whining bleating noise.

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Manager said the whole area - an important place for both Thai and foreign tourism - was an utter disgrace."

this story is a exaggeration. I walk up and down Soi Six sometimes weeks at a time and everything is fine. 

by the way, where is the beach?:cheesy:

under  all the rats

23 hours ago, sungod said:

I thought it was 'guess the date of the photo' competition, with the budgie smugglers I put it circa 1955, then someone said the guy was Russian, it blew it wide open so now I must hazard a guess that its either 20th or 21st century.

"budgie smugglers" still worn by competitive swimmers and life savers BECAUSE it is not about fashion, it is about suitability when swimming compared to beach baggies! Stop with the fashionista crap! :thumbsup:

And I am not a proponent of P.C. either. ?

23 hours ago, shackleton said:

You don't hear or read any more stories of Farangs picking up the rubbish and helping to keep the beaches clean 

why is this they should be doing their part and showing the Thai public the way forward lead by example 

I guess they don't want to run the risk of being deported.

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

"budgie smugglers" still worn by competitive swimmers and life savers BECAUSE it is not about fashion, it is about suitability when swimming compared to beach baggies! Stop with the fashionista crap! :thumbsup:

And I am not a proponent of P.C. either. ?

The guy in the photo is neither a life saver nor doing laps in a swimming pool.

Therefore they are budgie smugglers that are worn by old men from Europe and anyone who is delusional enough who thinks they make them look sexy.

Bottom line, if you feel happy with your budgie on display for all to see then no need to ditch them on my behalf, I will however put one on you if you come within 100m of my kids whilst in said attire.

Its apparent I am not a proponent P.C. either ?

On 8/24/2018 at 9:37 AM, shackleton said:

You don't hear or read any more stories of Farangs picking up the rubbish and helping to keep the beaches clean 

why is this they should be doing their part and showing the Thai public the way forward lead by example 

Have you ever tried to teach a Thai anything? 

On 8/24/2018 at 9:37 AM, shackleton said:

So if you are a farang picking up litter do you get a brown envelope with some of the fines issued for smoking etc

Pattaya isn't at all a beach resort, it's more to go for garbage and dirt happening place so the authorities have not worry about the ruin of reputation of Pattaya. It was and is ruined at all and nothing changes!!!!!!

12 hours ago, balo said:

Good food is stretching it a bit

Archived