They came to bask on golden sands: But Pattaya tourists are surrounded by trash and ruin

webfact

They came to bask on golden sands: But Pattaya tourists are surrounded by trash and ruin

1pm.jpg

Pictures (2): Manager Online

Manager laid into Pattaya yesterday after a morning visit to Phra Tumnak Beach revealed a complete mess.

Tourists who had come from the other side of the world for their beach holiday were lying in washed-up and discarded trash.

The whole area was overgrown with weeds, grass and unkempt vegetation.

Litter was everywhere uncollected by the local authority.

Paths and sidewalks were in a state of ruin and hard to walk along.

1pm1.jpg

A hexagonal shelter that once afforded protection from the sun lay in further ruins - no one had bothered to clear the site.

The CCTV was broken down raising security fears.

An emergency call box listing a 2310 number was run down and unusable.

Manager said the whole area - an important place for both Thai and foreign tourism - was an utter disgrace.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-24

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Manager said the whole area - an important place for both Thai and foreign tourism - was an utter disgrace."

this story is a exaggeration. I walk up and down Soi Six sometimes weeks at a time and everything is fine. 

by the way, where is the beach?:cheesy:

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"Manager said the whole area - an important place for both Thai and foreign tourism - was an utter disgrace."

this story is a exaggeration. I walk up and down Soi Six sometimes weeks at a time and everything is fine. 

by the way, where is the beach?:cheesy:

I'm told it starts 10m after the last bar.

26 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Those pink swimming trunks warrant a 500 bht fine at the very least.

27 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Those pink swimming trunks warrant a 500 bht fine at the very least.

LOL LOL LOL    

He's probably Russian.  Swimming togs wouldnt be very high on the retail shop agenda in land locked and arctic locked Russia.

If you wore those on Bondi beach you would  be propostitioned  by Adam and Steve.

Actually thats the best photo of Pattaya beach ive seen in years.  I can see some sand although it helps you cant see the Gulf.  The guy in the pink (underwear) spoils it as does the second photo which does show the Gulf.

Oh well.

Stay classy Pattaya.

I thought it was 'guess the date of the photo' competition, with the budgie smugglers I put it circa 1955, then someone said the guy was Russian, it blew it wide open so now I must hazard a guess that its either 20th or 21st century.

pattaya beach is just a boat launch ,the sand rejuvenation is only to widen the buffer between the beach chairs and the power boats which shuttle the chiniese too and from the parasail platforms.for their free parasial..any given day from 630 am to 330 pm it is absolutely taken over by buses and power boats...

Everywhere you go in Pattaya/Jomtien it is dirty.
It is unbelievable that from the BILLIONS that are earned on tourism, ZERO is spend on cleaning up the mess.
Attached photo along the main-road Jomtien 2nd road corner Soi 9. Taken on a relatively "clean day".image.png.d5082621ca337e4b2b0ac1b762588603.png

It’s all lies, fake news ...go to google and you’ll find picturesque pristine clean beautiful beach and lavish vegetation... you can not believe what you read here .... or can you......heeheehaa tourists suckers believe anything......

If you are looking for great beaches, go elsewhere. If you are looking for an area, where the local administrators have alot of pride, and are willing to spend the massive budgets they have to work with, to keep the place immaculate, go elsewhere. Pattaya is for carting, golf, drinking, or sex. If you want a great beach, consider any of the following ones:

Tikehau Island, French Polynesia. Can't decide whether you want white- or pink-sand beaches? ... 

Dreamland Beach, Bali. ... 

Bathsheba Beach, Barbados. ... 

Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. ... 

Horseshoe Bay, Bermuda. ... 

Harbour Island, Bahamas. ... 

Blue Beach (La Chiva), Vieques, Puerto Rico. ... 

Trunk Bay, St. John, USVI.

Maipio Valley Beach, Big Island, Hawaii

Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Lindquist Beach, St. Thomas

Palm Beach, Aruba

Honopu Beach, Kauai, Hawaii

5 hours ago, shackleton said:

You don't hear or read any more stories of Farangs picking up the rubbish and helping to keep the beaches clean 

why is this they should be doing their part and showing the Thai public the way forward lead by example 

You need a work permit to do anything in Thailand. Unless of course you are Thai, then an expert job will be completed on a daily basis. Ha Ha Ha !!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Denim said:

They came to bask on golden sands ?

Er .... No.

Poke around a venus mound more like.

New teacher takes first class.

One lad enters late, and apologises, "Sorry Sir, I was playing on Sandy Hill"

Five minutes later another lad shows up, same excuse.

Then another, and another...

Finally a breathless young lass bursts into the class "And I suppose you've been playing on sandy hill too?" says the teacher resignedly.

"No sir, I am Sandy Hill".

24 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

Get the tourists to clean up the beach. They're lying around not doing much anyway!

Give them a break, sperm donation is an exhausting business

10 minutes ago, PaulDee said:

Hata off to the Manager and TV for shaming city officials.

'Shame'? Not in the Pattaya Arsehat Lexicon. However, "Defamation" can be found after "Bribe" and "Corruption"

Archived