They came to bask on golden sands: But Pattaya tourists are surrounded by trash and ruin

webfact

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, sungod said:

The guy in the photo is neither a life saver nor doing laps in a swimming pool.

Therefore they are budgie smugglers that are worn by old men from Europe and anyone who is delusional enough who thinks they make them look sexy.

Bottom line, if you feel happy with your budgie on display for all to see then no need to ditch them on my behalf, I will however put one on you if you come within 100m of my kids whilst in said attire.

Its apparent I am not a proponent P.C. either ?

Firstly, I am not a budgie smuggler wearer.

Secondly, if a group of Iron Men competitors walked past your kids I bet you wouldn't want to try snot any one of them.

Do you prefer women in full top to toe clothing at the beach also? ?

If you don't like budgie smuggler wearers stay away from where they may be. Live and let live, it is not a criminal offence. :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Secondly, if a group of Iron Men competitors walked past your kids I bet you wouldn't want to try snot any one of them.

If you don't like budgie smuggler wearers stay away from where they may be. Live and let live, it is not a criminal offence. :thumbsup:

You need to get out more mate, humor is obviously lost on you. Bye.

5 hours ago, lvr181 said:

No but it should be ? And unlike you I have a sense of humour so fully understand the post to which you commented on.

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

No but it should be ? And unlike you I have a sense of humour so fully understand the post to which you commented on.

My apologies if I missed the smiley emoticon on that post.

On 8/23/2018 at 10:11 PM, apalink_thailand said:

I’m told by a reliable source that the mafia is paid to remove garbage from the islands and dump it into the sea late at night. 

Was common in vietnam as the night fishermen would throw trash overboard to wash up on beach-- lazy cowards

On 8/24/2018 at 8:26 AM, NCC1701A said:

"Manager said the whole area - an important place for both Thai and foreign tourism - was an utter disgrace."

this story is a exaggeration. I walk up and down Soi Six sometimes weeks at a time and everything is fine. 

by the way, where is the beach?:cheesy:

Pattaya has a beach?  I thought it got washed away.

22 hours ago, stud858 said:

I wonder how far high complacency levels of Thai population goes before it hits the fan.

Possibly another few hundred years? They seem not to have advanced (as much as some of their neighbouring countries) in the last few hundred years.  :sad:

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, Pdavies99 said:

Nothing new here, posted here every few months, a clean up by schoolchildren will fix it and then forget it!!  Brain Dead Authorities!

Actually I saw about   60  older kids in a blue type uniform  cleaning up  Jomtien beach just this morning as I  was  passing in a baht bus .

Problem solved . !

On 8/24/2018 at 3:37 AM, shackleton said:

You don't hear or read any more stories of Farangs picking up the rubbish and helping to keep the beaches clean 

why is this they should be doing their part and showing the Thai public the way forward lead by example 

There is one small group in Jomtien who do it daily. One owns a bar normally I would name it to support his excellent work but theres always one cretin who'll feel the need to report it for "working" etc

On 8/24/2018 at 9:37 AM, shackleton said:

You don't hear or read any more stories of Farangs picking up the rubbish and helping to keep the beaches clean 

The vast majority of litter on Thai beaches..is from Thai "litterers"...also the Thai authorities don't provide enough rubbish bins and/or empty them regularly enough..then there are the roving Thai soi dogs rummaging for a meal..why would a tourist want to come halfway around the world for a holiday  and pick up rubbish ?

A City like Pattaya attracts a large number of Thai and foreign tourists, there are always reports about how many millions of baht the last long weekend holiday brought into the coffers, more needs to be spent on clearing up the beach... there are machines that can do (most of ) it the beaches could/should be cleaned twice a day and the bins emptied too...by the Pattaya city council..not by foreigners.

P.S  remember the tsunami volunteers.

2 minutes ago, johng said:

The vast majority of litter on Thai beaches..is from Thai "litterers"...also the Thai authorities don't provide enough rubbish bins and/or empty them regularly enough..then there are the roving Thai soi dogs rummaging for a meal..why would a tourist want to come halfway around the world for a holiday  and pick up rubbish ?

A City like Pattaya attracts a large number of Thai and foreign tourists, there are always reports about how many millions of baht the last long weekend holiday brought into the coffers, more needs to be spent on clearing up the beach... there are machines that can do (most of ) it the beaches could/should be cleaned twice a day and the bins emptied too...by the Pattaya city council..not by foreigners.

P.S  remember the tsunami volunteers.

I think most litter gets washed up on the beach as opposed to dropped. More bins would certainly help though.

3 minutes ago, sungod said:

I think most litter gets washed up on the beach as opposed to dropped

Yes from the "Gulf of Thailand"  the litter flows from the rivers into the gulf...maybe some from shipping  but id guess that's  mostly Thai ships as well !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 9:11 AM, apalink_thailand said:

I’m told by a reliable source that the mafia is paid to remove garbage from the islands and dump it into the sea late at night. 

The local government organise it, not the mafia, and every single coastal province in Thailand is doing it, not just the islands.

Archived