Pattaya vet: Stray dogs good for neighborhoods

Rimmer

On 8/24/2018 at 10:06 PM, essox essox said:

just who is this guy trying to kid?? Most carry rabies and are actually a big threat to communities

"Most"? 'Big threat'?

Most Big statements include factual references.

Otherwise it's simply an opinion, which like armpits, everybody has and nobody cares about.

Just now, mikebell said:

As Mark Twain asserted; '“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

What would he know? American. Couldn't even speak English proper!

8 hours ago, RocketDog said:

"Most"? 'Big threat'?

Otherwise it's simply an opinion, which like armpits, everybody has and nobody cares abou]t.

And all you are doing here is a strawman argument. IE. Trying to equate facts with opinions then attacking  opinions. 

13 hours ago, RocketDog said:

"Most"? 'Big threat'?

Otherwise it's simply an opinion, which like armpits, everybody has and nobody cares about.

Are these enough facts for you Chief?  Or just opinions because the conflict with your mindset.

I wonder if there is a correlation here with cigarette smokers who also deny  facts. 

Oh oh stand by for another troll post.

9 hours ago, morrobay said:

Are these enough facts for you Chief?  Or just opinions because the conflict with your mindset.

I wonder if there is a correlation here with cigarette smokers who also deny  facts. 

Oh oh stand by for another troll post.

Your link says 60‰ of the dogs found infected were strays. That doesn't convey any information about how many of the stray dogs are infected. This should be clear to you.

It also implies that 40‰ of infected dogs are NOT strays. This leaves a reservoir of infected animals living directly with humans.

In your zeal to hear what you want to believe you got confused.

Nice misdirection to smokers too. Unfortunately it makes you look more confused.

Is is possible you live with a rabid dog and have become infected from smoking near it?

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:32 PM, RocketDog said:

Your link says 60‰ of the dogs found infected were strays. That doesn't convey any information about how many of the stray dogs are infected. This should be clear to you.

It also implies that 40‰ of infected dogs are NOT strays. This leaves a reservoir of infected animals living directly with humans.

I've kept dogs all my life. Now that I'm retired it's the perfect time for me to have a dog.

I refuse to do it. It's playing Russian roulette. The only question is, "How many chambers does the gun have?". 

On 9/4/2018 at 12:57 PM, kekalot said:

pff.. no doubt, some of those dogs packs are absolutely ferocious past 12am

Often just a matter of perception.

I used to walk through a temple on the way to my hotel. In the daytime, I would sometimes gives the dogs snacks(chicken on a stick) whilst passing through.

But walking through the temple at night, it seemed advisable to take a stick as they could turn into a howling barking pack.

So there I was, walking through with a stick. One started barking and soon the whole lot of them were howling and barking. It was pitch dark and I couldn't see a thing.

I thought to myself that it was ridiculous that I would feed the dogs by day, but here I was with a stick to protect myself at night.

I thought to myself that I wasn't having that at all. So I crouched down and called to them sternly to come over. I heard dogs running towards me. I didn't flinch. 

When they arrived they were as friendly and playful as can be.

The problem I think is that people get too far removed from nature and end up afraid of everything.

It's often just fear or protection of the pack that gets one barking and the whole lot up in arms. Once they realise that you are friend, it usually all goes back to normal.

Every now and then you will get an over-nervous or nutty dog, but by and large they aren't the ferocious anti-human animals described by some. 

Treat them nicely.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fakename said:

So, in fact, these packs of dogs dont bit All the time, just some of the time! How do you know they will only bite Some of the time? And is it only Some that have rabies? 

A local dog asked me;

So, in fact, these packs of humans don't fight all the time, just some of the time?! How do you know they will only fight Some of the time? And is it only Some that have drink excessively? 

I told it not to be so stupid, tarring all humans with the same brush and making such ridiculous statements.

You can push even a mild mannered man into defending his territory. But by and large he would prefer to have no confrontation at all, but friendly interaction.

He would certainly not wish to get ill and he would not be expected to self vaccinate against illness.

He needs the help of the medical profession. The dogs need us.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 5:41 AM, KneeDeep said:

Often just a matter of perception.

I used to walk through a temple on the way to my hotel. In the daytime, I would sometimes gives the dogs snacks(chicken on a stick) whilst passing through.

But walking through the temple at night, it seemed advisable to take a stick as they could turn into a howling barking pack.

So there I was, walking through with a stick. One started barking and soon the whole lot of them were howling and barking. It was pitch dark and I couldn't see a thing.

I thought to myself that it was ridiculous that I would feed the dogs by day, but here I was with a stick to protect myself at night.

I thought to myself that I wasn't having that at all. So I crouched down and called to them sternly to come over. I heard dogs running towards me. I didn't flinch. 

When they arrived they were as friendly and playful as can be.

The problem I think is that people get too far removed from nature and end up afraid of everything.

It's often just fear or protection of the pack that gets one barking and the whole lot up in arms. Once they realise that you are friend, it usually all goes back to normal.

Every now and then you will get an over-nervous or nutty dog, but by and large they aren't the ferocious anti-human animals described by some. 

Treat them nicely.

Tell that to the four  year old

• Like 2

On 9/22/2018 at 7:00 AM, kannot said:

Tell that to the four  year old

Trying growing up before posting. Pathetic to try to get mileage out of a tragedy and ridiculous the person who liked your post without thinking.

A four year old girl out playing innocently on her bicycle was savagely mauled to death by three dogs that got out of a neighbor's yard.

So these weren't stray dogs then, were they? The topic is about stray dogs.