Trump redirects over $200 million in U.S. aid for West Bank, Gaza

rooster59

25 minutes ago, BestB said:

So all of that common humanity etc etc etc applies to US only? 

And would it not be common humanity to show appreciation in return? Or is it one way street when it comes to humanity and compassion ?

Just to add , you say SOME corrupt Palestinian officials , could you name ones who are not corrupt? 

Real Charity

You perform real charity if you can give freely without expecting anything in return.

The essence of true charity is to give something without expecting anything in return for the gift. If a person expects some material benefit to arise from his gift, he is only performing an act of bartering and not charity. A charitable person should not make other people feel indebted to him or use charity as a way of exercising control over them. He should not even expect others to be grateful, for most people are forgetful though not necessarily ungrateful. The act of true charity is wholesome, has no strings attached, and leaves both the giver and the recipient free.

https://www.budsas.org/ebud/whatbudbeliev/168.htm

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mikebike said:

Real Charity

You perform real charity if you can give freely without expecting anything in return.

The essence of true charity is to give something without expecting anything in return for the gift. If a person expects some material benefit to arise from his gift, he is only performing an act of bartering and not charity. A charitable person should not make other people feel indebted to him or use charity as a way of exercising control over them. He should not even expect others to be grateful, for most people are forgetful though not necessarily ungrateful. The act of true charity is wholesome, has no strings attached, and leaves both the giver and the recipient free.

https://www.budsas.org/ebud/whatbudbeliev/168.htm

Yup, a thank you would be sufficient, not the trash talk about you

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tropo said:

I prefer 12th on the list, as a per capita gift.

Here's the problem I see. You're looking a gift horse in the mouth. That's sad! Just because another country (Norway) gives more (in percentage terms) doesn't mean it shouldn't be appreciated for what it is - a gift. Redirecting all or part of it is reassessing. According to the reference you linked, the US is donating $31.08 billion in development aid around the world. There's a lot of world to spend this in. Before you make your "despicable" comments, shouldn't you first determine where the $200 million is going next? It shouldn't be hard to find equally or more worthy beneficiaries. 

The gift horse has no physical effect on me.

the direction of trumps foreign policy does

he is demonstrably irresponsible in his whims, and likely just changing it because Obama instigated it... or if his admin instigated it, it was approved, and it’s removal is discriminative... either way, a poor international player... despicable... but I’m assuming your republican, so common anything is being severely tested.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Which cow does your milk come from? Did she have a choice? Did she know that others are starving and need milk more desperately than you to survive? Would she have given you the milk if she knew this?

and... I dispute that there are far more needy people elsewhere.... needy yes, but far more... very debatable.

Reaping what you sow?

what?

the aid is for projects to help the people, not all are Hamas. Collateral damage during conflicts hits non combatants far worse than combatants, when talking about urban warfare etc 

I am sorry but now you just talking utter rubbish and incomprehensible drivel.

US has been giving them money for decades and received nothing but trash talk and no respect

US now will redirect this money to other cause or causes, entirely up to US.

Yes you rip what you sow, i did not see "people" rebelling against Hamas or praising the US, the very same people voted for Hamas and support it.

There are just as many millions of people in Africa needing help if not more and they do not burn American flags or chant death to America,

Its as simple as that.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

Transparency.

Or in terms you can understand, the US people paid for the report so they should be able to review it.

I do not see American people having a problem with it, i only see a few Palestinian supporters on this forum crying 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Yup, a thank you would be sufficient, not the trash talk about you

So you didn’t even bother reading the whole definition... re read the last two sentences and digest

trump wants accolades... a grand thank you... not charitable... far from it... I believe the appropriate term would be self serving.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

So every decision making should be published with the process involved? or does it only apply to matters to suit your agenda?

They are published, or made available for review... although some are sealed for years... but most are not.

why? Well... what did treasonous trump talk to vlad about in Helsinki?

• Confused 1

Just now, farcanell said:

So you didn’t even bother reading the whole definition... re read the last two sentences and digest

trump wants accolades... a grand thank you... not charitable... far from it... I believe the appropriate term would be self serving.

You do not know what Trumps wants, but you free to speculate what Trump wants.

Unless of course you are a trained psychologist and have had sufficient sessions with the man to make an educated assumption about what he wants

1 minute ago, farcanell said:

They are published, or made available for review... although some are sealed for years... but most are not.

why? Well... what did treasonous trump talk to vlad about in Helsinki?

Again more of the same speculations based on nothing but a thin air

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

I do not see American people having a problem with it, i only see a few Palestinian supporters on this forum crying 

Then your blind .... as a lot of posters here, will be able to point out that in all previous threads concerning isreal and Palestine, I have been decidedly pro isreal... but those threads where never about withdrawing aid already earmarked for the Palestinian people.

• Confused 1

Then your blind .... as a lot of posters here, will be able to point out that in all previous threads concerning isreal and Palestine, I have been decidedly pro isreal... but those threads where never about withdrawing aid already earmarked for the Palestinian people.

Well since you consider yourself qualified to comment on my vision abilities, perhaps you could post for me some evidence to support your clear sight of Americans having a problem with this.

2 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Post 46 is where the word charity appeared

i think post 46 was one of yours

You did bother to double check before responding?, not very wise because what i said was "even a charity"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Well since you consider yourself qualified to comment on my vision abilities, perhaps you could post for me some evidence to support your clear sight of Americans having a problem with this.

I’m qualified to comment on your vision because you said that all you see is Palestinian supporters crying... I am not a Palestinian supporter... obtuse much?

as to Americans having a problem.... read the thread above... some posters are Americans with a problem

im sure the news, later in the evening, will be full of other Americans having a big problem with this... and you know it.

• Haha 1

Just now, BestB said:

You did bother to double check before responding?, not very wise because what i said was "even a charity"

Be nice if you took my earlier advice and digested what you read

i said the first time I saw the word was in your post... this opens up reusing the word, regardless of how you meant it.

but that said, you acknowledge it’s aid... people giving aid are charitable... hand in hand, don’t you think

a lot of people give charitable donations to go towards aid... nitpicking the point is pathetic

• Like 1

I’m qualified to comment on your vision because you said that all you see is Palestinian supporters crying... I am not a Palestinian supporter... obtuse much?

as to Americans having a problem.... read the thread above... some posters are Americans with a problem

im sure the news, later in the evening, will be full of other Americans having a big problem with this... and you know it.

Once again you seem to have trouble either reading or comprehending.

Palestinian supporters on this forum and since you not a Palestinian supporter, what exactly is your problem with US redirecting its aid from Palestinians?

Or is it one of the same old, anti Trump crap?

But yes you most certainly have a point, because some anonymous posters claiming to be American on Thai forum have a problem, then most certainly 250 million Americans will have a problem with it

And i have no doubts, once its hits the usual anti trump news, there will be people like you spouting the very same nonsense, because for anti trump people, it really does not matter what he does and what he achieves, you will only trash talk, but that has little to do with the topic

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BestB said:

Again more of the same speculations based on nothing but a thin air

What is based on thin air

vlads secret meeting with treasonous trump, or that decision making reports are available for review by the public.

a fascist state would keep these things secret

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Be nice if you took my earlier advice and digested what you read

i said the first time I saw the word was in your post... this opens up reusing the word, regardless of how you meant it.

but that said, you acknowledge it’s aid... people giving aid are charitable... hand in hand, don’t you think

a lot of people give charitable donations to go towards aid... nitpicking the point is pathetic

Perhaps once again, it would be wise to read up on the meaning  and purpose of "aid" prior to making silly posts?

Aid may serve one or more functions: it may be given as a signal of diplomaticapproval, or to strengthen a military ally, to reward a government for behaviour desired by the donor, to extend the donor's cultural influence, to provide infrastructure needed by the donor for resource extraction from the recipient country, or to gain other kinds of commercial access. Countries may provide aid for further diplomatic reasons. Humanitarian and altruistic purposes are at least partly responsible for the giving of aid.[a]

What is based on thin air

vlads secret meeting with treasonous trump, or that decision making reports are available for review by the public.

a fascist state would keep these things secret

Again it helps to think before speaking.

Clearly it was not a secret if you know about it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BestB said:

Again it helps to think before speaking.

Clearly it was not a secret if you know about it

Clearly you have a problem distinguishing between the past and present.

For example, the existence of the original US atomic bomb program is no longer a secret. By your reasoning, it never was one.

It certainly does help to think before writing.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Clearly you have a problem distinguishing between the past and present.

For example, the existence of the original US atomic bomb program is no longer a secret. By your reasoning, it never was one.

It certainly does help to think before writing.

Clearly it has ZERO to do with this topic

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

Perhaps once again, it would be wise to read up on the meaning  and purpose of "aid" prior to making silly posts?

Aid may serve one or more functions: it may be given as a signal of diplomaticapproval, or to strengthen a military ally, to reward a government for behaviour desired by the donor, to extend the donor's cultural influence, to provide infrastructure needed by the donor for resource extraction from the recipient country, or to gain other kinds of commercial access. Countries may provide aid for further diplomatic reasons. Humanitarian and altruistic purposes are at least partly responsible for the giving of aid.[a]

Obviously, and again, you fail to read the entirety of things... even your things.

let me direct you to the last line of your definition.

And most significantly,mlets not forget that the aid is being withdrawn.... approved... withdrawn. I believe Americans have a derogatory saying along the line of “Indian giver”

Why? answer... punishment (? )(of a civilian population) and to please his supporters

you might wish to invest more time in your wording... prior to your own daft postings demonstrating a lack of humanity...

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Chicken and egg comes to

mind.

Regardless, Israel’s use of ‘collective punishments’ is abhorrent.

Objectively, there was a decline in major Palestinian terrorist attacks carried out within Israel since access was limited. This goes both for the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. And the topic isn't really about Israel's "use of ‘collective punishments’" or your take on that. Spin away.

• Confused 1