First Class Insurance In Thailand

flexomike

I presently have First Class insurance, it is in my wifes name, just found out today that my wifes policy only covers from 30-70, I am 71 so if I get in an accident they said that I would have to pay an 8.000 baht deductible rather than the zero that my wife would have to pay, can any of you guys over 70 give me some advice on a company with reasonable rates for first class insurance that 

will cover me. Presently living in Rayong.

mike.....my guess you are with the same company as myself and next year I will have the same problem,at this moment I,m not sure what they have in store for me (been with them for 4 year) as my voluntary excess now is 5,000 baht I may well carry on with them if they offer me this option in order to keep my no claims discount.

However I have a contingency plan in place....take a look at AXA or any other big motor insurers here as they do not seem to be concerned age wise as DA is....:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Roojai.com insurance has some excellent quotes and references.....take a look...English language available on their website :thumbsup:

gave it a try, because of my age got rejected, damn I hate it when I get rejected

2 minutes ago, flexomike said:

gave it a try, because of my age got rejected, damn I hate it when I get rejected

My Mrs not here at mo getting her to ring our insurers and check on my 71 age as driver.

Sent request to AXA but no reply yet.

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My Mrs not here at mo getting her to ring our insurers and check on my 71 age as driver.

I also sent a request to AXA, they asked for my e-mail but haven't heard from them

8 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

8 hours ago, flexomike said:

I also sent a request to AXA, they asked for my e-mail but haven't heard from them

70+ is not a problem with AXA.....checked already :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, petermik said:

mike.....my guess you are with the same company as myself and next year I will have the same problem,at this moment I,m not sure what they have in store for me (been with them for 4 year) as my voluntary excess now is 5,000 baht I may well carry on with them if they offer me this option in order to keep my no claims discount.

However I have a contingency plan in place....take a look at AXA or any other big motor insurers here as they do not seem to be concerned age wise as DA is....:thumbsup:

Direct Asia, falcon insurance

15 hours ago, petermik said:

p.s. Roojai.com include breakdown/recovery in the first year for free....:thumbsup:

13 hours ago, thequietman said:

and cheap too. I need to look at my current policy.

But the medical cost and personal accident with only 100'000 is low compared to other first class insurances.  The Tanachart First class has 400'000 for both. Of course it is then also in the price area from AXA Insurance which both stay in the range of 30'000 pear year instead of 20'000 for a car-Insurance of about little bit more than 1'000'000.

By the way an important point is, that most Insurances only give 80% of the new car value, even when you have a complete crash on the first day driving out of the garage.

21 hours ago, flexomike said:

I have not heard either but have heard back from our insurers we were with for the first year with our truck when I was turning 71.

First class again any driver covered no age restrictions and still in wife's name.

It's Safety Insurance Public Company Limited. No..022578000  we go through Isuzu with them and pay at Isuzu.

Direct Asia,  up to 70 only.  Falcon insurance couldn't get a quote on internet but don't matter anyway.

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I have not heard either but have heard back from our insurers we were with for the first year with our truck when I was turning 71.

First class again any driver covered no age restrictions and still in wife's name.

It's Safety Insurance Public Company Limited. No..022578000  we go through Isuzu with them and pay at Isuzu.

Direct Asia,  up to 70 only.  Falcon insurance couldn't get a quote on internet but don't matter anyway.

AXA never got back to me either after I gave them my e-mail, just out of curiosity what are you paying for a year of coverage

32 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I went on the internet and Safety does have an office in Rayong, about a half hour drive from my house there website didn't have an email contact, only a phone, not planning on switching until next month so still have time

1 hour ago, flexomike said:

I went on the internet and Safety does have an office in Rayong, about a half hour drive from my house there website didn't have an email contact, only a phone, not planning on switching until next month so still have time

just out of curiosity what are you paying for a year of coverage

That's handy for you,  we have a Isuzu 2017 1.9  Hi-lander 2 door spacecab first class insurance 14, 200 from 4th Sept to Sept 2019.  

58 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

That's handy for you,  we have a Isuzu 2017 1.9  Hi-lander 2 door spacecab first class insurance 14, 200 from 4th Sept to Sept 2019.  

Just got a quote from a broker for Safety Insurance, 14,500 with my name on the policy, if I don't have my name on there they will reduce it. Going to get some minor repairs done on the truck next month, after that I will cancel and get a new policy. I will check directly with the agent in Rayong next time I go into town and see if he can do it cheaper, I am presently paying about 11,500 with Direct Asia, but they gave my wife a big discount off the get go. I am in my third year with them if they would cover me for being over 70 I would stay with them, makes me mad that this was never brought up when we bought the policy, only said drivers had to be over thirty so I just figured it was thirty to the grave. You have a lot newer vehicle, mine is 2013 but 2.5 and four doors so that makes it higher. hopefully the agent can get it down a little, because of age they only insure to 500,000 baht. Thanks for all the helpul input.

I'm 72 and insure with Bangkok Insurance ... vehicle and policy in my name. Second car policy is the other way around and that is with Honda Insurance.

We get extra discount for just two named drivers ............on both cars

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

I'm 72 and insure with Bangkok Insurance ... vehicle and policy in my name. Second car policy is the other way around and that is with Honda Insurance.

We get extra discount for just two named drivers ............on both cars

Yeah but how about cost.

53 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah but how about cost.

My 2015 3.2Ltr Everest cost this year 18,675 thb. The two driver discount was quite a few thousand. Then there was the car cam, some sort of group discount and 30% for no accidents. We have 5Million thb for damage to others cars, I think that this is important as some policies only have 2Million thb and you would have to pay the rest.

MrsJ's Civic RS this year, which was the first renewal, if I recall correctly was a little over 19000thb. If I find the exact figure I'll post it, again a good discount for two drivers and something for the car cam. Again 5Million for damage to other cars.

7 hours ago, flexomike said:

Go for just two named drivers ... unless your wife lets others drive ... of course a good reason to say 'Sorry Cannot Lend' ...you should get a good discount

10 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Go for just two named drivers ... unless your wife lets others drive ... of course a good reason to say 'Sorry Cannot Lend' ...you should get a good discount

I read something interesting on my Roojai quote, they use named drivers to bring the premium down, BUT, if a non named driver has an accident which was not their fault in the ride they must pay 5000bht towards the claim...

PS. My regular  insurance co.this year valued my ride at 260,000bht, Roojai 390,000bht and the premium was 3000bht cheaper...?

1 hour ago, transam said:

I read something interesting on my Roojai quote, they use named drivers to bring the premium down, BUT, if a non named driver has an accident which was not their fault in the ride they must pay 5000bht towards the claim...

PS. My regular  insurance co.this year valued my ride at 260,000bht, Roojai 390,000bht and the premium was 3000bht cheaper...?

Yes ...my insurance is the same...I actually got a bigger discount than the excess ...TIT!!!

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Hmmmmm...Oh well....?

Yeah never thought about until this thread, our truck was insured through Isuzu free the first year in my wife's name, not that it matters she doesn't drive I'm the main driver.

The thing was I was 70 and turned 71 before the renewal was due in Sept 2018.

That's why I got Mrs to check with them, they said her truck ? it is insured fully first class no matter who drives.

Archived