Adc Buddy Broadband Blocking P2p

dai ru55

I finally get through to customer support at ADC buddy broadband after 3 hours of trying, to complain about my connection, my P2P (peer to peer) connections have been throttled to the extent that it times out, and I don't connect to the hub. At first buddy broadband denied blocking or throttling my connection and denied closing any connections that I had made.

After 30 minutes of me telling the engineer what was happening i.e my UDP port connects but the TCP port is blocked and any connections that I do open get closed... my client is saying "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." The engineer admitted that buddy broadband was blocking P2P connections, also saying that all Thailands ISP's were doing the same.... is this true??

I have a 2048/512 UNLIMITED connection... but seems very limited to me :o

Does anyone know of an ISP in Thailand thats not throttling connections??

In revenge for their actions I am now downloading at full speed from a FTP server and uploading at full speed to a pub site just for the sake of it

In revenge for their actions I am now downloading at full speed from a FTP server and uploading at full speed to a pub site just for the sake of it

simply affecting fellow interweb users ................................carry on

simply affecting fellow interweb users ................................carry on

well maybe the ISP will see that the 20-40k I was downloading from the hub is nothing to the 256k I am now downloading from the FTP server

Have you tried using non-standard ports for your P2P, obviously if they're using packet-shaping then changing ports won't help :o

My ISP (KSC) block the default ports but others remain available, I DL at full bandwidth with BitSpirit (if I don't throttle it).

I did a review on Buddy last year, and I stated quite clearly that Buddy pretty much throttles everything except HTTP/FTP connections. *Everything*. Of course, for the price you pay and the performance in HTTP/FTP you get, it's a pretty good deal, relative to others.

Have you tried using non-standard ports for your P2P, obviously if they're using packet-shaping then changing ports won't help :o

My ISP (KSC) block the default ports but others remain available, I DL at full bandwidth with BitSpirit (if I don't throttle it).

yes I have tried using other ports... but they dont show up when I look at netstat... I guess the only way to go is by incrypting the headers and content

maybe ,

your still wasting bandwidth , kinda why they block p2p's ...........................

befor you start i've d/l my share and someone elses too .............................

yes sadly thats true,I am wasting bandwidth, but strangly enough I was able to connect yesterday until 6:30 this morning...

so you have any better idea's??