Jump to content

Supporters create Facebook page for beleagered Deputy PM Prawit


snoop1130

Recommended Posts

Supporters create Facebook page for beleagered Deputy PM Prawit

By The Nation

 

bded6d95db8aaca450d801ecd70976ae.jpeg

 

A new Facebook page has been created to support and defend Deputy Premier and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, who has been embattled with damaging scandals recently.

 

The page is in Thai and its title is translated as “Uncle Pom’s Lovely Side”. Pom is General Prawit’s nickname.

 

Newly created on August 23, the page has attracted more than 800 followers and a post announces that it is run by “a group of people who support Uncle Pom”.

 

There are also posts containing messages in support of Prawit, news reports in favour of the ruling junta, and video clips defending Prawit against allegations. One of the videos is about the wristwatch scandal, in which Prawit claimed the more than two dozen luxury watches he was spotted wearing in recent years were borrowed from his now-deceased wealthy friend.

 

The webpage described Prawit, who is in charge of the government’s security affairs, as a reliable man who has been trusted by the armed forces for over five decades, and also a former commander well loved by his colleagues and “brothers” in the Army.

 

Prawit has faced backlash from his comments on controversial issues, such as the death of a military cadet under suspicious circumstances and the capsizing of a tour boat in which many Chinese tourists drowned.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30353175

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-8-28
Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously there is boot licking, but this is pure gutter level conduct.

OK so he's fat, he's bald, he's a bully, he's a proven serial liar, he's got very limited compassion, he's very unusually wealthy etc etc...

I can't think of 1 redeeming feature, can anyone else?

 

The people behind the page probably couldn't even spell shame let alone feel it.. <deleted>

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, z42 said:

Obviously there is boot licking, but this is pure gutter level conduct.

OK so he's fat, he's bald, he's a bully, he's a proven serial liar, he's got very limited compassion, he's very unusually wealthy etc etc...

I can't think of 1 redeeming feature, can anyone else?

 

The people behind the page probably couldn't even spell shame let alone feel it.. <deleted>

I can't think of one - or even half a - redeeming feature for the entire junta!

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, z42 said:

Obviously there is boot licking, but this is pure gutter level conduct.

OK so he's fat, he's bald, he's a bully, he's a proven serial liar, he's got very limited compassion, he's very unusually wealthy etc etc...

I can't think of 1 redeeming feature, can anyone else?

That he can't lie to, cheat or threaten the Reaper?

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, z42 said:

The people behind the page probably couldn't even spell shame let alone feel it.. <deleted>

That'll be because they are too busy running the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

A new Facebook page has been created to support deport and defend offend Deputy Premier and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, who has been embattled with damaging scandals recently.

I think it would gain a lot more supporters if the typo was fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I think it would gain a lot more supporters if the typo was fixed.

Expect the clever hack, as FB is quite easy to infiltrate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Into the ground under their master plan. 

They wouldn't want to go that far, as they would have nothing to profit from.

 

Controlled moderation is the key.

Win-win....

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Newly created on August 23, the page has attracted more than 800 followers 

800 .! Jeez' not exactly inundated is it .. My mate's cat has more than that ..

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

They wouldn't want to go that far, as they would have nothing to profit from.

 

Controlled moderation is the key.

Win-win....

Totally controlled and no breathing room. Profit is complete totalitarianism

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

There are also posts containing messages in support of Prawit, news reports in favour of the ruling junta, and video clips defending Prawit against allegations. One of the videos is about the wristwatch scandal, in which Prawit claimed the more than two dozen luxury watches he was spotted wearing in recent years were borrowed from his now-deceased wealthy friend.

Dep' PM was well happy about supporters video dispelling the outrageous untruths circulating about his ( dead ) buddies bling .. That he bollowed .. 

IMG_20180811_192546_20180812211405168_20180812212004571_20180813160647711_20180814204355360.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect they might be feeling threatened and a little insecure towards their positions in life, when they have to resort to a blatant fan page...

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...the page has attracted more than 800 followers..."

 

Coincidentally, the military has announced that just more than 800 people are eligible for promotion at the moment.

Oh no! Not more generals...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Hurry up, and hit the like button now! Tomorrow Facebook might have banned the page for seriously offending the general population.

On the contrary, the much beloved FB has a deep history of siding with establishment of any nature.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

On the contrary, the much beloved FB has a deep history of siding with establishment of any nature.

Ok, ok! Please explain away:

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Newly created on August 23, the page has attracted more than 800 followers and a post announces that it is run by “a group of people who support Uncle Pom”.

Let me calculate it through quickly: wife and children, various mia nois and their retinues, siblings, in-laws, uncles, grand parents, aunts, nieces and nephews, cousins, relatives two and three times removed, close aides, assorted sycophants, coat-tail riders and other individuals who benefit from "Pom" one way or another... yes, that figure seems about right.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...