Thaivisa Exclusive: Huge new Pattaya hotel at Terminal 21 will serve no booze

snoop1130

11 hours ago, balo said:

ONly their most expensive rooms , like suites will cost up to 8k. 

Normal rooms from 1500 baht and up . 

I predict plenty of hi so Chinese and Thais there. 

Wrong....I think about 3500 are the cheapest rooms....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/29/2018 at 6:34 PM, Bill Miller said:

Interesting to see how this works out.
Would not bother me much, as I hardly drink these days, and if must have I am sure not a biggie to BYOB.

They already have 4 successful hotels in the group, so they do know what they are doing. Being able to byo your own booze will be a big plus for many guests.

Wrong....I think about 3500 are the cheapest rooms....
Well, lets wait for the promotions and online booking, plenty of hotel deals in Pattaya so they need to be competitive.

18 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm always amazed at how many guys who would never pay hotel prices for a drink (or 7,000 for a room), cannot stand the fact that a hotel has decided not to serve alcohol.

The same guys who were going to buy their booze at the 7/11 and sneak it in to their 500 baht room anyway. 

If the availability of overpriced toddies is that important, pick another of the 5,000 hotels or 100,000 other places to get it in town.  The hotel may sink or swim, but not on whether they sell alcohol or not.

But what about a glass of wine with dinner or an cocktail at sunset 

On 8/30/2018 at 5:30 AM, brucegoniners said:

I’m guessing it’s Muslim owned.

That would be the first thing that comes to mind. I've stayed in Muslim owned properties in the past that didn't serve booze. 

Might not be though, some Buddhists are very principled when it comes to booze too. 

I don't really see it as a problem. If anything it's good. You can buy your booze outside far cheaper, BYO, and no corkage to pay. 

On 8/30/2018 at 6:45 AM, Spidey said:

Neither would their onsite restaurant make money if it doesn't serve alcohol.

And how does the hotel bar function without alcohol?

BYO at half the price.

On 8/30/2018 at 11:32 AM, Ling Kae said:

7,000 baht a night and no alcohol? Good luck with that. Best Supermarket is just across the road though. As for dining in any restaurant there, no thanks.

ditto

On 8/30/2018 at 1:33 PM, trianglechoke said:

Partly funded by Saudi.

Wait till they reveal the size of the prayer rooms..... if i were a hooker.... a whole hotel full of them

. Shudders

Many Saudis love to drink.

On 8/30/2018 at 3:49 PM, KittenKong said:

As an occasional client of the restaurants in 5* hotels like that, I would much rather take my own decent wine or beer bought at the local supermarket than pay a 300% markup in the hotel's outlet for the same thing. So to me this sounds like good news.

Absolutely

18 hours ago, chrissables said:

But they have restaurants and pool areas where you can't buy a drink. At 7k a night i would want to be able to order, not have to go looking outside.

Your choice, I pay for the place when I stay, not booze within arm's reach. 

Get some exercise and cross the road.

49 minutes ago, The manic said:

But what about a glass of wine with dinner or an cocktail at sunset 

BYO. 

1 hour ago, The manic said:

But what about a glass of wine with dinner

Alcohol free wines ? 

• Ariel Cabernet Non-alcoholic wine
  • Non-alcoholic yet full flavored red wine
  • Fermented and aged in the traditional red wine method
  • Alcohol is gently removed by cold filtration

41q0U+SJeVL._SX425_.jpg

On 8/31/2018 at 1:04 PM, tropo said:

They already have 4 successful hotels in the group, so they do know what they are doing. Being able to byo your own booze will be a big plus for many guests.

Yes, that would seem to answer that. BYOB is probably much more economical too, with no corkage charge.

57 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Yes, that would seem to answer that. BYOB is probably much more economical too, with no corkage charge.

I'm sure many customers will prefer this. It could be a big selling point. People BYO at all hotels, but they won't have to be shy about it there and they can really load up.

5 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Can you confirm that we can bring our own wine bottles at T21 hotel in BKK ?

I have no problem paying high price for food but paying 4000+ for wine that I can buy 1000+ at supermarket is really not acceptable, especially when we need to open many bottles.

47 minutes ago, gaff said:

Can you confirm that we can bring our own wine bottles at T21 hotel in BKK ?

I have no problem paying high price for food but paying 4000+ for wine that I can buy 1000+ at supermarket is really not acceptable, especially when we need to open many bottles.

OMG is that a serious question.??

I guess you think they will search your bags before you go into your room.?

If you are so worried about getting caught just go there and ask them.

Wow, good luck to you....

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

OMG is that a serious question.??

I guess you think they will search your bags before you go into your room.?

If you are so worried about getting caught just go there and ask them.

Wow, good luck to you....

Do you know anything ? Why do you try to reply ? I am of course talking about RESTAURANTS at this hotel, not the rooms, I am not that stupid to listen to anyone who could dare to tell me that I cannot do what I want IN MY ROOM.

54 minutes ago, gaff said:

It seems to be bullshlt at least in BKK, they actually serve alcohol, it is written on tripadvisor.

Where?

If you search: "Do Centrepointe hotels Bangkok serve alcohol", everyone that I know of comes up with a report they are alcohol free.

Funny creatures Control Freaks .Thaksin was the worst.Anyone remember his picture in the Oriental Dineing Room smoking his Pipe and Driking just after he introduced the hours shops could sell Alcohol , and Public Places banned Smoking.⚖️

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Fortunately, there are plenty of places to get a drink within spitting distance.  Like "Drinking Street", for example. Literally right next door.  There is a liquor store across the street at the roundabout.  There will probably be one in the T21mall.  There is also BigC just down the street.  Nobody is going to have any problems getting booze.

Archived