Thaivisa Exclusive: Huge new Pattaya hotel at Terminal 21 will serve no booze

snoop1130

Thaivisa Exclusive: Huge new Pattaya hotel at Terminal 21 will serve no booze

terminal-21-pattaya.jpg

Thaivisa can reveal that the new hotel connected to the Terminal 21 development in Pattaya will not serve alcohol in any of its outlets or have alcohol in any of its rooms.

The 400-room Grande Centre Point Pattaya is scheduled for opening in October of this year. 

The hotel has said that the no booze policy applies to all the hotels in the Grande Centre Point group.

A hotel by the same name at Terminal 21 in Bangkok has come in for criticism by guests on online booking and review site TripAdvisor for its no booze policy.

Earlier in the year the managing director of LH Mall & Hotel that is building the shopping center and hotel facility in Pattaya said that the mixed-use project was worth 6 billion baht.

Kitti Worrabanpott was reported as saying that he hoped the hotel would have 85% occupancy within its first year of operation. 

Rooms are listed online for as much as 7,000 baht a night.

But it is not all doom and gloom for drinkers who book at the hotel - they will be able to bring their own.

Chaiyo Pansa, Duty Manager at Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 in Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok told Thaivisa in an email:

"All the Grande Centre Point hotel group will not sell or provide alcoholic beverages at all.

"However, guests are allowed to bring in their own". 

Regarding corkage charges, Chaiyo said: 

"The restaurant at our hotel (Grand Centrepoint Hotel Terminal21(Bangkok)) allows guests to bring in their own alcoholic beverages. There is no corkage charge for that. In the restaurant and guest room, drinking is allowed".

Meanwhile, sales coordinator for the Grande Centre Point Pattaya Duangduan Upapong confirmed on Wednesday evening that the same policy as in Bangkok would exist in Pattaya.

She said:  "Our hotel will not serve or provide alcohol to the guests but guests can bring their own. Regarding the restaurants at our hotel (Grande Centre Point Pattaya) and guest rooms, we will allow guests to drink and bring in their own alcohol.  There will be no corkage charge".

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-8-29

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, champers said:

Aimed at the Muslim market?

Aimed at civilised individuals and to prevent certain individuals who usually make fools of themselves and upset other decent guests.No Booze,if you do not like it move on to Pattaya Soi6 or 8????

Luckily for some they can bring their own...Anyway 7k minimum will be a good deterrent. 5555

Actually there is a BEST supermarket with a dedicated alcohol section across the road. They could do nicely out of it.

7-11? Really? I think their offerings are towards the low end of the market..

I stay almost exclusively in Centrepoint properties when in Bangkok and have been doing so for at least fifteen years.

Nothing to do with catering to Muslims. In fact, I used to note that many of their offers excluded Arab and Southern Asian countries specifically if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, KneeDeep said:

Actually there is a BEST supermarket with a dedicated alcohol section across the road. They could do nicely out of it.

7-11? Really? I think their offerings are towards the low end of the market..

I stay almost exclusively in Centrepoint properties when in Bangkok and have been doing so for at least fifteen years.

Nothing to do with catering to Muslims. In fact, I used to note that many of their offers excluded Arab and Southern Asian countries specifically if I remember correctly.

They do serve Bacon ? at Breakfast in CentrePoint, I do lik their hotels , I m usually a regular at Soi 10 and Sukumvit

14 minutes ago, Nice Boyd said:

They do serve Bacon ? at Breakfast in CentrePoint, I do lik their hotels , I m usually a regular at Soi 10 and Sukumvit

I prefer Silom for the spacious apartments and transport connections. Riverside and river view.

Stayed a couple of times at the Soi 10 location and a few times at Petchburi soi 15 and a few times at Grande Centrepoint something or the other. ?

ugh.  I miss the Pattaya of say 2004.  had plenty of hotels and malls for my taste. It was a relatively quiet get away but had plenty of modern conveniences, small to mid sized hotels were of decent quality (flipper house, lodge for example.  I am sure others will miss the Pattaya of1976 in the same way.

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Kitti Worrabanpott was reported as saying that he hoped the hotel would have 85% occupancy within its first year of operation

Sure.  A fine marketing advertisement and potential investor attractor.   I hope I will win the mega millions and powerball lotteries this weekend. 

8 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Aimed at civilised individuals and to prevent certain individuals who usually make fools of themselves and upset other decent guests.No Booze,if you do not like it move on to Pattaya Soi6 or 8????

Luckily for some they can bring their own...Anyway 7k minimum will be a good deterrent. 5555

Civilised people don't meet in the bar before dinner or after dinner?

Civilised don't have a drink round by the pool in the daytime?

21 minutes ago, davethailand said:

Civilised people don't meet in the bar before dinner or after dinner?

Civilised don't have a drink round by the pool in the daytime?

Well said. Good food without good wine is awful.  cocktails and aperitifs are great.  Post prandial inbibements are great and all very civilised.  All major 5 star hotel serve alcohol. Some people only treat alcohol as drug. A drug which causes rowdiness. We know where they come from. The policy of this hotel is very odd in deed. 

The 7 k / night keep most of the Indians and Chinese out of the place and maybe doesn't make making  revenue on booze essential.

In any case, won't stay in this place. Location sucks, they may serve their carrot juice to others.

7000 b + a night and no booze. ? I would want a free  well stocked bar fridge  thrown in for that absurd price.

Pattaya is a cheap charlie sex tourism destination.

Interesting to see how this one pans out. My guess, heavily discounted rooms will be on offer..

Thai's always have promotions when they grossly overestimate Thailands real worth.

10 minutes ago, lanista said:

7000 b + a night and no booze. ? I would want a free  well stocked bar fridge  thrown in for that absurd price.

Pattaya is a cheap charlie sex tourism destination.

Interesting to see how this one pans out. My guess, heavily discounted rooms will be on offer..

Thai's always have promotions when they grossly overestimate Thailands real worth.

Quite: "Pattaya is a cheap charlie sex tourism destination"...  This comment perhaps says more about the reasons you would go to Pattaya... 

... there are lots of other things to do in Pattaya and it is quite family friendly... there are lots of nice family friendly resorts - this has been done to death in other threads. 

That said, at THB 7000++ per night I imagine the mini-bar prices to be fairly elevated... i.e. 200 baht a beer if they were to stock it... thus popping across to 7-11 is not a tough ask... 

In many hotels mini-bar prices are so over priced its simple enough to 'bring your own'...  being able to readily afford a hotel does not mean I am happy overpaying for mini-bar items....  so no hardship nipping out and bringing a few beers back for the fridge.

So we have this whole ThaiVisa article on this topic...

And yet, nowhere in the article is it explained, or does the company explain, WHY they decided to implement a no alcohol sales policy at their hotels, or when such a policy began for their existing properties.

Remember the essentials of article writing -- who, what, when, where and WHY!!!!

BTW, I'm pretty sure sure there are some food and beverage outlets inside the T21 Mall -- not the hotel -- at Asoke in BKK that DO serve beer and/or wine, or at least, have done so in the past.

For Methodists maybe?

I'm maybe going off topic with this but the joking remark about pillows reminded me.

FYI, re byo pillows. . I went to look at a condo in Bangsaen for a friend coming over from England.

The lady at the reception agreed with the price as on the website, then added the water and electric charges, we all know about those so no problem.

Then she asked me if he will be bringing his own bedding.

When I queried this she told me if he brings his own bedding OK, if he needs bedding the charge will be an extra 1000Baht a month!

First time I've come across that and I've been looking at and booking him in condo's every year for the last eight years.

P.S. If you want to know the name of the condo it's called the United Place Bangsaen.

Archived