Replacing broken floor tiles, cost?

I'm renting a house and some floor tiles in front of the house got damaged. The tiles are about 30x30cm and are probably one of the cheapest tiles which you can buy, most houses here in the moo ban have these tiles in front of the house.

An area of 3x3 tiles would have to be replaced, so we are talking about an sqm of tiles, the cost for just the tiles is probably not more than 200 or 300 THB.

When moving out i obviously have to negotiate about the cost to repair this. What would you consider a fair amount? 1000THB?

What do you think how much would the landlord have to pay somebody to get this fixed?

6 hours ago, baansgr said:

Grout,  cement,  sand,  grinder, mixing  and other tools, ravelling to the job,  2.5000=3.000

:wacko:

People who lay tiles inside my condo apartments take 100-150 B/sqm for their work/time.

Tiles price can vary a lot, but many of the cheap ones (or even nice ones) around 200 B/sqm

Other material (cement, sand, grout..) below 100 B/sqm

All that is still below 500 B/sqm and you just need to had the price to remove the old tiles and cement

and - depending where your house is - the transport.

The 1'000 B offer of the OP is more than enough IMHO.

chop up carefully starting with the middle tile, working outwards, remove a small layer of sand/cement, replace using thin bed adhesive, no cutting required, if the job is beyond your capabilities then  1000baht should cover it.

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

:wacko:

People who lay tiles inside my condo apartments take 100-150 B/sqm for their work/time.

Tiles price can vary a lot, but many of the cheap ones (or even nice ones) around 200 B/sqm

Other material (cement, sand, grout..) below 100 B/sqm

All that is still below 500 B/sqm and you just need to had the price to remove the old tiles and cement

and - depending where your house is - the transport.

The 1'000 B offer of the OP is more than enough IMHO.

What about profit for the company, I take it the OP will do the running around to suppliers buying everything.Grout is 55 baht a bag so you really think you can get cement and sand for 45 baht? It is only a small job but people just dont get it that 300 baht a day minimum wage dosnt cover everything. Maybe Somchai motocy taxi guy will do it cheapish but honestly you are expecting someone to work for nothing.

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

// Grout is 55 baht a bag so you really think you can get cement and sand for 45 baht? 

55?? Looks like someone took  nice 100% commission. :whistling:

It was about 30 baht when I made my bathroom 2 months ago.

Example: 28 B here: https://www.thailandwatsadu.com/product/กาวยาแนว-จระเข้เงิน-สีน้ำตาลทะเลทราย-sahara-brown/

Archived