High-Hedge trimmer attachments.

Crossy

Has anyone got any experience of the hedge-trimmer attachments (and extenders) that fit on your brush-cutter?

These:-

HTB1FElILVXXXXb8XXXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg?size=4

and these:-

HTB1AVxZJVXXXXXEaXXXq6xXFXXXF.jpg?size=8

We have a couple of tall hedges and some stuff growing on a pergola that needs trimming, the boys are currently using the step ladder and electric trimmer, I'd like to make their task less up-and-down.

How well do they work, how easy are they to control (don't want great lumps taken out).

Any thoughts welcome?

I use to work for a landscaping firm in the UK doing commercial landscaping, mainly big industrial estates, grass cutting, and cutting back bushes and trees. etc 

We had a couple of these long-handled hedge cutters, they work well, heads are adjustable, so you can cut the tops or trim the sides, ours where all Stihl, like they grass strimmers never any problems.once you get used to them, they make a very good job. 

But, our hedge cutters  had almost chainsaw like  handles on them, easy to use and maneuver,I did once use  a hedge cutter  on a grass strimmer not easy, the wide "cow horn" handles of the strimmer I found it too wide to hold up, for a long time ,and it did not make a good job of cutting the hedge .

Some of the backpack grass strimmers have chainsaw like handles on, a hedge cutter attachment on one of those would work ok, but would be worth the expense, for just cutting a hedge one or twice a year. 

Is they a 3000 baht Chinese strimmer that would do the job, again being used a few times a year it would do.

• Like 2

@kickstart good call on the loop handle. 

I should be able to get one and a suitable throttle, a visit to the farm shop is in order methinks.

Cut it twice a year? This stuff grows like stink, you can almost hear it growing in the wet season.

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

@kickstart good call on the loop handle. 

I should be able to get one and a suitable throttle, a visit to the farm shop is in order methinks.

Cut it twice a year? This stuff grows like stink, you can almost hear it growing in the wet season.

I read your post on the gx35 engine rebuild. V GOOD

Honda Aus has the attachments you speak of. I was quite interested untill i saw the price. (300Aud). I would only assume the quality would be good. Probably an option if you intend to do alot of work and only want 1 engine to look after.

Good luck

Shaemus

8 minutes ago, shaemus said:

Honda Aus has the attachments you speak of. I was quite interested untill i saw the price. (300Aud).

From AliExpress the trimmer attachment is US$62 and two 80cm extenders US$67 (about 180 Oz$ in total).

Still thinking about this, we could just keep the boys fit by climbing the steps ?