Is Thailand's climate hotting up like other parts of the world?

Jingthing

Without getting into a political debate about climate change (been there, done that, not here please) anyone following the news would know that there is a long term hotting up trend in various parts of the world causing all kind of havoc including historically bad fires. For examples, the U.S. Southwest, Northern California, Portugal, Scandanavia, etc. 

It's a given that weather is not the same thing as climate.

Just living where I am in Thailand, I haven't personally noticed any change like that here. I knew I was moving to a hot country in the first place of course. I just haven't noticed that it's gotten any hotter in the time I've been living here. 

But this question is about Thailand in general. 

Can someone supply any objective sources about change trends in Thailand over the last decade or two?

If Thailand isn't changing in similar ways as the areas in the news, why is that?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

1 Conjecture, the news is not a reliable source of scientific information.

I've not noticed the UK (60 years) or Thailand (10 years) getting any hotter.

2 Probably because nobody is paying Thai news to report an agenda of questionable information.

Please back off and others too that may rudely insist on HIJACKING this thread.

I explicitly requested not to make this a political discussion.

I'm looking for objective sources about climate trends in Thailand.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Climate change will be the doom of us all......fake news or not.....not a matter of how but when.....my quess would be sooner than later...??

The sky is falling!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The news is politically and economically based by the interests of the rich.

I will be here 4 years on September 27, 2018.

Thailand has 2-3 seasons depending where you are, 3 seasons are winter-Season 1,summer -Season 2, and rainy season- season 3. Southern Thailand has seasons 2 and 3.

Thailand is tropical which means NO SNOW, NO FREEZING TEMPERATURES AND ICE.

This is for Chiang Mai which has all 3 seasons..

My first year was very hot and a drought from November, 2014 until May, 2016.

Summer from mid-February until rainy season is mid 90s F to 105 F.

Have had 3 good rainy seasons from 2016 to inclusive of today August 31, 2018.

Rainy season 2018 is very heavy rainy almost every day. Very good for rice, fruit, vegetables and flowers. Winter, from December through mid-February can be cool at night, low of 59 F and highs of 95 F.

Search--Wikipedia for Thailand/climate for an accurate description.

Edited by themerg
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

The sky is falling!

Taught me in school that most things expand when heated up. Probably the sky will expand as it heats up, maybe even the whole earth will expand; so the expanded earth could hold more water in the oceans without overflowing.

• Confused 1

I think the concerning issue is that the oceans are heating up making and making storms stronger.. and we get it from both sides.  stronger typhoons originating near the Philippines are occasionally bringing very heavy rain to the north east and north west as well.. as per the recent very heavy rains in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and Nan provinces .usually these typhoons make landfall around Da Nang in Vienam and then move north west into southern China but sometimes they come across the north of Thailand and we get hit quite hard..  We have had unusual flooding here in Kalasin.. and also Khon Kaen, Maha Sarakam & Roi Et..  From the other side the south west monsoon originating in the Adman Sea seems to be getting stronger as well not only hitting southern Thailand but also reaching as far north as Chiang Rai & Chiang Mai  this south west monsoon has been responsible for much flooding in the south and north west in recent years.. whether or not the temperatures are getting hotter, I don't know.. I haven't seen any data on that..   a good place to follow weather patterns if you are into it is here at Ventusky.. real time data... have a play with it you can go anywhere in the world.. zoom into your home town.. have fun.. https://www.ventusky.com/?p=13.3;103.9;5&l=rain-3h&t=20180830/21

Anecdotally speaking , this years Wet season has not been wet at all.

Its  my 11th Wet Season here in Phuket  , and it  has been very hot , and the large black clouds - when they have appeared at all - have huffed and puffed , then delivered nothing more than 10 or 20 minutes of light rain.

Very different to previous years with torrential 2 hour long downpours.

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Please back off and others too that may rudely insist on HIJACKING this thread.

I explicitly requested not to make this a political discussion.

I'm looking for objective sources about climate trends in Thailand.

Get lost

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1