Trump threatens to 'get involved' unless FBI, Justice Department 'start doing their job'

webfact

Trump threatens to 'get involved' unless FBI, Justice Department 'start doing their job'

2018-08-31T012807Z_1_LYNXNPEE7U03G_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-TECH.JPG

FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump listens to a question during an interview with Reuters in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, U.S. August 20, 2018. REUTERS/Leah Millis/File Photo

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump, speaking to a raucous, campaign-style rally in Indiana, warned on Thursday that the Justice Department and the FBI must "start doing their job and doing it right" or "I will get involved."

Trump, who has repeatedly criticised the department over its handling of a probe into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election campaign, suggested its leadership was biased against Republicans and that "people are angry."

"Our Justice Department and our FBI - at the top of each, because inside they have incredible people - but our Justice Department and our FBI have to start doing their job and doing it right and doing it now," Trump said. "I wanted to stay out, but at some point if it doesn't straighten out properly ... I will get involved and I'll get in there if I have to."

(Reporting by Steve Holland; Writing by David Alexander; Editing by Mohammad Zargham)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-08-31

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

Trump, who has repeatedly criticised the department over its handling of a probe into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election campaign, suggested its leadership was biased against Republicans and that "people are angry."

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emerson in His Journals

If a direct link is found between Trump and anything Russian that proves this vague crime of "collusion" (when are you going to show your hand, Bob old boy?), I will bet that Don Lemon will be the next president of the United States.

Oh wait a minute: maybe Pecker will rise to the occasion and reveal the stories that never made it into the National Inquirer.

To anyone not American, it is truly puzzling how you can prove you are a "patriot" by simply saying the word "Russia" or "Russian" in a snarling tone.  One word is enough to close off all conversation.  

You like dem russkies? you a traitor....

24 minutes ago, blazes said:

If a direct link is found between Trump and anything Russian that proves this vague crime of "collusion" (when are you going to show your hand, Bob old boy?), I will bet that Don Lemon will be the next president of the United States.

Oh wait a minute: maybe Pecker will rise to the occasion and reveal the stories that never made it into the National Inquirer.

Love Don Lemon.  He goes after Trump every day.  Lemon is a true patriot!

2 minutes ago, ReMarKable said:

Love Don Lemon.  He goes after Trump every day.  Lemon is a true patriot!

while there are some on CNN, like Cuomo, Tapper and Acosta, who give the impression that they can hold an argument without looking at notes or listening for prompts in their earpiece, there are others, like Lemon and Bash, who clearly have only the faintest grasp on what's going on around them.....

Just watch and listen carefully.

He ought to be careful what he wishes for, if they really get going he could end up being a very bad orange in no time. Leave them alone Donald, they don't need the extra chaos, how's NK working out for you, you really got involved there, perhaps another meeting with your good friend Vlady could sort things out.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

"I wanted to stay out, but at some point if it doesn't straighten out properly ... I will get involved and I'll get in there if I have to."

Chill out Donald, you will be heavily involved soon enough.  The centre of attention in your orange jump suit and hand cuffs, and, indeed, you'll have no choice in "getting in there".

57 minutes ago, blazes said:

To anyone not American, it is truly puzzling how you can prove you are a "patriot" by simply saying the word "Russia" or "Russian" in a snarling tone.  One word is enough to close off all conversation.  

You like dem russkies? you a traitor....

I'm with you on that, these internet slogan boyz are like high school - as bad as or worse than the source of their daily angst.

Another immediate turn off and tune out term for me is "Patriot".   And while we're at it, "Hero".  ?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

"Our Justice Department and our FBI - at the top of each, because inside they have incredible people - but our Justice Department and our FBI have to start doing their job and doing it right and doing it now,"

Wray offered several examples of the work the FBI had done recently:

• In the past several months, the FBI disrupted terrorist attacks from places including Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco and a crowded shopping mall in Miami.
  • In March, the FBI charged what it said was an Iranian state-sponsored hacker ring with stealing terabytes of data from US companies, universities, and government agencies.
  • In Austin, Texas, the FBI deployed more than 600 people to assist in the package bombings that killed two people and terrorized locals.
  • So far, 1,305 children were rescued from child predators, some of them as young as 7 months old.
  • More than 4,600 suspected gang members were arrested in the past several months.
  • The FBI's hostage-rescue team deployed about 27 times for missions.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-director-chris-wray-doj-report-hillary-clinton-emails-lisa-page-2018-6

Will Trump now threaten to fire his FBI candidate Wray?

Trump , certainly not a backing down sort of guy. He continues to try his hardest. I would have stopped long ago and said sort out your own mess fruit cakes.

Is it really true that unemployment figures are low in America right now? I heard him go on a rant about that too.

6 hours ago, MrLuckyThailand said:

And the final disaster came.

'I will get involved'.

He still hasn't  realized this is not a reality show and he still hasn't realized that it's not a commercial studio that he owns and he still hasn't realized that he doesn't own / control the scripts and the cameras.

3 hours ago, blazes said:

while there are some on CNN, like Cuomo, Tapper and Acosta, who give the impression that they can hold an argument without looking at notes or listening for prompts in their earpiece, there are others, like Lemon and Bash, who clearly have only the faintest grasp on what's going on around them.....

After 3 odd comments, I have a feeling you may need notes or an earpeice?

2 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Yes, it's indeed necessary he gets involved. It's about time.

That's what we expect from a great President. Unless you're a blind hater.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

I'll give you that alocacoc; you're always good for a belly laugh:thumbsup:

"That's what we expect from a great President." :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

12 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Yes, it's indeed necessary he gets involved. It's about time.

Understand how the FBI is structured.

The position of the FBI director reports to the attorney general, not to the POTUS.

The FBI Director serves the president by leading law enforcement in an independent and apolitical fashion. And it is fundamentally corrupt for any president to be asking him to do otherwise

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/07/20/fbi-director-reports-justice-department-not-president/495094001/

18 hours ago, blazes said:

Is Don Lemon with the FBI or the Justice Department now?

:coffee1:

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Understand how the FBI is structured.

The position of the FBI director reports to the attorney general, not to the POTUS.

The FBI Director serves the president by leading law enforcement in an independent and apolitical fashion. And it is fundamentally corrupt for any president to be asking him to do otherwise

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/07/20/fbi-director-reports-justice-department-not-president/495094001/

I would postulate that being a man-child supporter is not about understanding but about feelings. Feelings of resentment, particularly towards people with a deeper tan and a deep yearning for the 50's.

In short, MAWA.

That's why facts don't enter their equation at all.

12 hours ago, Becker said:

I'll give you that alocacoc; you're always good for a belly laugh:thumbsup:

"That's what we expect from a great President." :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Blaind hater / there's also blind followers who can't see the forest for the trees. 

I sometimes wonder if the blind followers still think they are watching a reality show on TV?

But perhaps the blind followers think that a president interfering in the work / actions / decisions / focus of various agencies is all OK.  Anybody remember watergate and tricky dicky?

17 hours ago, stud858 said:

Trump , certainly not a backing down sort of guy. He continues to try his hardest. I would have stopped long ago and said sort out your own mess fruit cakes.

Is it really true that unemployment figures are low in America right now? I heard him go on a rant about that too.

Not really this all stems from Roosevelt's "New Deal"programs that created  jobs for the unemployed! PT just furthered his success.Say what you want,his admin is creating jobs and more  jobs, no reason to be unemployed now 

No evidence found of collusion or interference by PT or his staff. It's almost time to do what he's been waiting and wanting to do.The moment is near "declassify",and expose the deep state so called "Career Professionals",that instigated a near perfect silent coup,to deter a democratically elected POTUS

Archived